Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lolll oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

This is my favorite bad take

https://twitter.com/marcandreyko/status/1508337735508979713?s=21&t=cgUUmSDpQQpC6tW-uiU8rw

Because they wanted people to say "no" but the replies are overwhelmingly "yes"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I don't dislike Judd Apatow but him sincerely clutching-pearls about the slap possibly being lethal is the funniest thing he's ever done

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Srice posted:

This is my favorite bad take

https://twitter.com/marcandreyko/status/1508337735508979713?s=21&t=cgUUmSDpQQpC6tW-uiU8rw

Because they wanted people to say "no" but the replies are overwhelmingly "yes"

listen man i'd love to see Dave get bitch slapped too!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I don't dislike Judd Apatow but him sincerely clutching-pearls about the slap possibly being lethal is the funniest thing he's ever done

Hes a hypocritical pos

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if chris rock died from the slap it would be even funnier not that i hate chris rock or anything but lol at dying because you got slapped by the fresh prince while hosting the oscars

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
So I appreciate the Oscars representing the Ukraine Invasion by having Chris Rock represent Russia and Will Smith as Ukraine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The discourse is now officially more horrific than the incident could ever be. People are having internet-facing meltdowns over this and I just don't get it at all. I feel like an android who's trying to be human watching something that no one has yet given me a simple, folksy explanation for.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
The discourse was absolutely off the chain from T:00:01, last night probably set a record for deleted tweets, but I do fear that with the passing of long aeons the takes shall become ever more strange

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The discourse is now officially more horrific than the incident could ever be. People are having internet-facing meltdowns over this and I just don't get it at all. I feel like an android who's trying to be human watching something that no one has yet given me a simple, folksy explanation for.

been saying that white people are just never going to understand this slap. It has broken their brains

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
https://twitter.com/littlecutieguy/status/1508513242024333312

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jesus christ kill me please

e: unless it's a joke then just slap me

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The slap itself I understand, like in a vacuum I get that sometimes you have to slap somebody.

The part I'm having a hard time with is how meticulous and calculated Will Smith has been for 25+ years in building himself and his career up to that moment, and then to do that when you're on the doorstep of the crowning achievement you've worked so hard for. It's just bizarre that it happened on that night, at that moment.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

The slap itself I understand, like in a vacuum I get that sometimes you have to slap somebody.

The part I'm having a hard time with is how meticulous and calculated Will Smith has been for 25+ years in building himself and his career up to that moment, and then to do that when you're on the doorstep of the crowning achievement you've worked so hard for. It's just bizarre that it happened on that night, at that moment.

It's almost like he did it on purpose. How long till he puts out a response on his YouTube channel that gets millions of views? Probably not very.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, violence isn't one size fits all. Don't slap people, but he slapped someone who clearly not trying to defend himself, didn't seem to do any damage, and then walked away. He wasn't trying to beat him up or anything. Rock's response is, "What the gently caress dude?"

Basebf555 posted:

It was insane how he was able to spin the event in his acceptance speech with such a small period of time. Dude could have literally just bought a private island to escape society with that time which is what my anxiety would make me do if I had Will Smith's money.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Another amazing tweet.

https://twitter.com/adashtra/status/1508493176058912770?s=20&t=9pyZcIkL7osKU87Jk-lAUw

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Opening his speech with "Richard Williams was a defender of his family" was amazing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

try bringing up anyone's wife or SI/Spouse and see what happens. Just be ready

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
So did sean penn melt his Oscars or slap anybody???

So is next year's host going to tell jokes surrounded by security guys thinking it's a hilarious bit or is the academy going to try to bury this? One of the hosts made a joke about it alyready during the ceremony, so they may lean into it, with terrible results, because the Academy. See: kelly slater introducing a bond compilation and no bonds present, the Bruno Butchering.

Also, Pulp fiction's 28 YEAR ANNIVERSARY WHAT? Is one of the actors dying extremely quickly or what?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Hes a hypocritical pos
Trainwreck really soured me on Judd Apatow, it has just the thinnest veneer of being feminist or edgy or whatever but immediately turns out to just be "hey ladies, you better stop being drunk sluts and start submitting to traditional family values right now or else you'll be trash forever." It's not surprising at all to me that he's a pearl-clutching whiny little dweeb.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Mr. Nemo posted:

So is next year's host going to tell jokes surrounded by security guys thinking it's a hilarious bit or is the academy going to try to bury this? One of the hosts made a joke about it alyready during the ceremony, so they may lean into it, with terrible results, because the Academy.

The Slap is overshadowing, if I'm reading correctly (because there's no way I'm watching this poo poo), a scripted minutes-long sexual assault joke so I can only assume next year's will be worse than anyone can imagine

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Martman posted:

Trainwreck really soured me on Judd Apatow, it has just the thinnest veneer of being feminist or edgy or whatever but immediately turns out to just be "hey ladies, you better stop being drunk sluts and start submitting to traditional family values right now or else you'll be trash forever." It's not surprising at all to me that he's a pearl-clutching whiny little dweeb.

There's also this:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ahhh yeah that sounds about right.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

sam sheehan is a comedy account that mostly posts about basketball. this isn't the first time he's managed to sell a joke as a legit take and get people mad though

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Basebf555 posted:

The facade of "big willie style" or whatever has been crumbling for a bit now, hasn't it? I know just recently he revealed a lot about his past, growing up with the affects of domestic violence. The guy is goin through some cathartic poo poo, 100% lol. So like, snapping at that moment after having enough isn't the least bit surprising to me. Sometimes you just gotta smack a bitch when they're being like Chris Rock.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/BatFan077/status/1508481225421434886?t=cwGIUIWzXOe5NSmRb1My3w&s=19

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Protect your queen honor by slapping the court jester and accepting an award saying you're the greatest, that's king poo poo

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Chris rock was lucky he decided to piss off the fresh Prince at the Oscars after he'd been training to be an old tennis man, rather than the one after he'd been Muhammad Ali I think.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i would not have slapped chris rock myself

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
White twitter doing free-association on the abstract concept of 'violence' as if encountering it for the first time ever. Like, "is it okay to kill... a... dog??"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
chris rock is not a dog. but he did provide the voice to a cartoon zebra once...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and a hamster in dr. dolittle

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

DeimosRising posted:

sam sheehan is a comedy account that mostly posts about basketball. this isn't the first time he's managed to sell a joke as a legit take and get people mad though

The fact that you even have to question whether or not that's a sincere take tells you everything you need to know about the discourse about absolutely anything on the internet.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Jesus christ kill me please

e: unless it's a joke then just slap me
https://twitter.com/PlSSCHRIST/status/1508491856388235267

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rip baby piss

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I probably would have done a double axe handle strike to him personally, then when he was doubled over I’d kick him in the butt

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

What if Will Smith gave him a wedgie instead? Would you theorhetically have done the same under similar cicumstances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

I probably would have done a double axe handle strike to him personally, then when he was doubled over I’d kick him in the butt

personally I woulda hit em with a stunner