Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

CPL593H posted:

The white hot stampers thing is obviously bullshit but the lacquers (for those of you who aren't aware the lacquer is the master for the record) they make the stampers from absolutely make a difference. So that's a reason why people would prefer one pressing over another. If all the pressings or more than one of them use the same lacquer then the only one who'll know the difference might be your dog.

Hot white vinyls have their own thread :colbert:

Grabbed 10 Rillington Place, Homicide, Corruption, and Watermelon Man from Indicator. Wish I hadn't kept putting off the William Castle sets, but hey. Thanking my lucky stars that Kino don't ship to Australia.

For KL recs, though, I can't recommend Bacurau enough to everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Diabolik has a few copies of The Duelists on Blu-ray. So I snagged one because it was sold out most places last time I checked. I was otherwise a good boy and didn’t go and buy anything from Indicator.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I, Butthole posted:

Hot white vinyls have their own thread :colbert:

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CPL593H posted:

Absolutely none of you have self control and you should all feel dirty about it.

I have almost zero free time this month so I intentionally didn't buy anything from these recent sales.

I will have lots of free time this summer. If the Barnes and Noble Criterion sale includes Arrow stuff again, I will more than make up for it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I would be dipping in on the Kino sale if my Arrow pre-orders hadn’t just hit my credit card.

The life of the boutique label enthusiast.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I really wanna make a order from Indicator but they want 30pounds for shipping :negative:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I really wanna make a order from Indicator but they want 30pounds for shipping :negative:
I’m sure it doesn’t weigh nearly that much.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
It's ridiculous. I'm trying to see if my friend in Wales willl cross ship it for me

E; oh I get it now lmao

aperfectcirclefan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 26, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My 4k Godfather set arrived!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The trick is to spend 200 pounds on movies to unlock free international shipping

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Also be sure you make an account before ordering, or you'll miss out on those rewards points you have no idea exist.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Are you in the US? I put a blu-ray in the cart to see what shipping would be and it was like eight bucks or something (I already forgot the exact amount but it was around or a little under ten).

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’m pretty sure I didn’t spend $40 on shipping when I bought from them last year. It was kinda pricey for shipping but not that bad.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I’m pretty sure I didn’t spend $40 on shipping when I bought from them last year. It was kinda pricey for shipping but not that bad.

All things considered shipping to the US from the UK on poo poo like that is surprisingly reasonable. And it's a great deal if you have an all regions player and want something with an OOP region one disc that is prohibitively expensive. You will basically pay a normal retail price for the thing if there's a sale like the one Indicator has going or what UK Arrow does now and again. The shipping is also pretty quick.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CPL593H posted:

All things considered shipping to the US from the UK on poo poo like that is surprisingly reasonable. And it's a great deal if you have an all regions player and want something with an OOP region one disc that is prohibitively expensive. You will basically pay a normal retail price for the thing if there's a sale like the one Indicator has going or what UK Arrow does now and again. The shipping is also pretty quick.
I checked back on that order. Roughly $30 to ship 7 movies, so not great. But it showed up relatively fast. Before that sale I bought their Night of the Demon Blu-ray from a third party seller on Amazon and it took about a month to show up and no tracking. Buying direct was by far the better experience.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

I checked back on that order. Roughly $30 to ship 7 movies, so not great. But it showed up relatively fast. Before that sale I bought their Night of the Demon Blu-ray from a third party seller on Amazon and it took about a month to show up and no tracking. Buying direct was by far the better experience.

I didn't even think about it not being flat rate shipping. I never go crazy on these sales. I only buy one or two things. Last time Indicator did a sale a picked up Track 29 because I've wanted a copy of that movie for years and the only other options were a really lovely and long OOP DVD or the tape. Finally going region free is something I should have done years ago.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Yeah in the US. My only shipping option is Fed Ex apparently, which was 27 pounds. They must be charging shipping per item and not overall?

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only 20 tabs, I admire the restraint

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Chris James 2 posted:

Only 20 tabs, I admire the restraint

That's just in that one folder :newlol:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Guess what just showed up in the mail!

Its the replacement disc from my Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle set! Mill Creek is good people.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Malignant is getting a 4K UHD release.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CPL593H posted:

I'm internally throwing a chair in celebration

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Gripweed posted:

Guess what just showed up in the mail!

Its the replacement disc from my Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle set! Mill Creek is good people.

Nice, and now you got a replacement handy for the next time you get one of those awful Eco cases.

Edit: They shipped my 30 Rock disc in a cardboard envelope mailer

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

CPL593H posted:

thats me going to the store to get my copy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CPL593H posted:

:getin:

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I'm guessing Malignant is good by the reactions

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I very much need Gabe in 4k

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Uhhhhhhhh. Watch it on HBOMax first to make your decision.

Two hours I’ll never get back lol

Fake edit: it’s currently announced through WB UK! Those drat nerds will need to import it!

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

It’s divisive. People who like it, love it, and people who don’t tend to skew more strongly negative than usual. I give it about two stars outta five. But it would look quite nice in UHD.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It is entertaining, well-shot and dumb as hell in good ways.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

need to import it!

Region-free :getin:
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1508484979189235717

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I loved Malignant, but it is absolutely one of those movies where some people just are not going to get it or like it. At all. And that's fine!

I mean, it's not hard to figure out what's going on in that movie right away, it's not exactly subtle, but you really need to go in blind. It's a hard movie to recommend because so many people will bounce off of it, and if you just spell out all of the plot details then it kind of ruins the fun of a first viewing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The first 90 minutes was generic and nothing special, but the last 30 minutes were a whole bunch of fun. So overall I enjoyed enough, but not something I'd need to rush out and buy to be honest.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It's basically a lot of filler where people explain a bunch of poo poo the viewer already knows bookended by some poo poo that's hilariously stupid. And this is spoilerish but not exactly so I'll tag it as such but it's basically a lovely Basket Case knockoff. That said the last like 20 minutes of that movie are a must see. Other than that it's a slog.

King Vidiot posted:

I loved Malignant, but it is absolutely one of those movies where some people just are not going to get it or like it. At all. And that's fine!

I mean, it's not hard to figure out what's going on in that movie right away, it's not exactly subtle, but you really need to go in blind. It's a hard movie to recommend because so many people will bounce off of it, and if you just spell out all of the plot details then it kind of ruins the fun of a first viewing.

Eh, I mean the "twist" of the movie is something everyone figured out in the first five or ten minutes of the film.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait so do I need an Amazon UK account to get this? I searched "Malignant 4K" on my Amazon account (a US one) and the search turned up nothing.

I searched Diabolik too and that search also turned up nothing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

Wait so do I need an Amazon UK account to get this? I searched "Malignant 4K" on my Amazon account (a US one) and the search turned up nothing.

I searched Diabolik too and that search also turned up nothing.

You can use your US Amazon account on any of the international ones. This is a UK only release but UHD discs aren't region encoded.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

I was told Malignant sucked by my closest movie bud who knows my opinions better than anyone else. I watched it anyways a few weeks later and thought it was a hilarious riot. It’s the kind of movie that only someone like James Wan, at the exact point in his career he is currently at, could get away with. Don’t think I’d watch it again, at least for a while, but I’m too stupid to have figured the ending out and thought it was a total riot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

"Eurocrypt of Christopher Lee" boxset coming from Severin in May. I'm all over this, love me some Lee.

https://twitter.com/SeverinFilms/status/1360259652819247109?s=20

Didn't even know we were getting a second part :stare:

https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1508518775599124501

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The reveal scene in Malignant was amazing and I wish I could selectively forget it so I could relive it again.