Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!
Chris Rock: Labor Party's mean girls
Will Smith: Kimberley Kitching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

lih posted:

there isn't on the wiki page but it's really not hard to find sources if you search for it

https://auscp.org.au/publications/australian-politicians-in-bed-with-fascism/ (has further sources)

in ukrainian but very readable with google translate:

https://maidan.org.ua/2012/02/holova-oun-b-stefan-romaniv-treba-v-sebe-viryty-i-braty-vidpovidalnist/

https://cym.org/au/d1-81-d1-83-d0-b...-b0-d0-bd-d0-be

Thanks. I was trying to find English language sources for the OUN-b leadership claim but I searched some more and I found an article where this guy says "Bandera's spirit is forever strong, the SS division were heroes and did nothing wrong" so lol lmao etc.

https://www.ukrweekly.com/uwwp/another-attempt-by-faceless-vandals-to-desecrate-banderas-grave-in-munich/

I also found a letter where he signs his name (as OUN head) to a letter to the European parliament protesting the EP being mean to Ukrainian nationalists.

http://archive.cym.org/uk/news/2010/OUN_Letter.pdf

quote:

Recent efforts to discredit General Roman Shukhevych, commander of the Ukrainian Insurgent
Army (UPA) were again proven to be false when representatives of the Security Service of Ukraine
(SBU) and the National Institute of Memory travelled to Israel and provided pertinent archival
documents to Yad Vashem. Yad Vashem, Director Tom Lapid indicated there was no dossier on
Shukhevych in Israel's archives, yet many allegations had been made. (Links to Yad Vashem's
acknowledgment of no dossier is listed below . Two years have passed and still no evidence, only
innuendo. Secondly, Petro Symonenko, Head of Ukraine's Communist Party has been ordered by the Courts
in Kyiv, Ukraine to apologise to Shukhevych's family for his slanderous, unfounded lies about
Shukhevych. He was ordered to do this from the floor of Ukraine's Verchovna Rada. Moysey
(Moses) Fishbeyn an influential and renowned Ukrainian poet and translator of Jewish origin
reported this recently. There are similar situations relating to Stepan Bandera, disinformation,
fabricated stories which have been disproven, yet being perpetuated. It would have been prudent for the European Parliament to avoid making the same mistake by
obtaining official archival information from Ukrainian officials, before making such unsubstantiated
claims.

the upstanding gentleman who is being unfairly slandered:

quote:

Roman-Taras Yosypovych Shukhevych (Ukrainian: Рома́н-Тарас Йо́сипович Шухе́вич, also known by his pseudonym Taras Chuprynka; 30 June 1907 – 5 March 1950), was a Ukrainian nationalist,[1] one of the commanders of Nachtigall Battalion, a hauptmann of the German Schutzmannschaft 201 auxiliary police battalion,[2] a military leader of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA), and one of the organizers of the Galicia-Volhynia massacres of approximately 100,000 Poles.[2][3]

ModernMajorGeneral fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 28, 2022

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Is there a reference for this? I wouldn't be particularly surprised if this guy were a Banderite, but wiki has no source and google doesn't turn anything up.

Wikipedia is so generally reliable now it's easy to be tricked by fake edits. For example I spent 10 minutes today believing that Chris Rock's joke was justified because Jada Pinkett Smith had, in fact, been cast in a GI Jane reboot in 2023.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/YoungLibs/status/1508299054970990592

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
those battlers deserved the higher taxes imo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

But taxes are still my money, and they pay for things I use. Isn't it the embezzler party that's coming after my money?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad Oscars host is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all his or her faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

MysticalMachineGun posted:

One of the dimbulbs on Insiders yesterday immediately let it skate with "It's surprising that's he's forgotten..." God forbid anyone call out lies

We honestly just need a media that runs the line "Is Scott Morrison suffering from early onset Dementia?" "Possible Alzheimer's diagnosis for the PM". Double down on the lie. We know he was there, a lot. If he doesn't remember, then he must be suffering from sustained and significant memory loss.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Konomex posted:

We honestly just need a media that runs the line "Is Scott Morrison suffering from early onset Dementia?" "Possible Alzheimer's diagnosis for the PM". Double down on the lie. We know he was there, a lot. If he doesn't remember, then he must be suffering from sustained and significant memory loss.

https://twitter.com/SquizzSTK/status/1507907133375139847

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

macrobusiness wants to do a ukraine

hate it when my woke civil society wont let me do an iraq on my doorstep. not clear why they think it would work out any better for us than it is for russia, instead of the obvious response of the solomon islands immediately and justifiably asking china for help defending their sovereignty.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/03/australia-must-ready-a-solomon-islands-invasion/
If I was the government of the Solomon Islands I'd be a little ticked off that Australia gets to lease two ports to China (Darwin and Newcastle) but them leasing one is verbotten.

SI, 19, died from self-harm in his unit at Acacia prison in Wooroloo, east of Perth, according to reports. Family members visited him and said they told prison staff they thought he was self-harming. He was placed into a crisis care unit before being released back into the prison population, where he later took his own life.

ISSUES RAISED
Medical care required but not all given, procedures not all followed, mental health / cognitive impairment.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Had another unironic "Liberals are the best economic managers" quote by a guy in the office who is overpaid and actively losing us money by being both poor at his job from his horriffic project management skills and inability to listen to anyone else. He got real cranky when I told him "as if".

So sick of that poo poo flying.

Also Solomon Islands thing is utterly hosed. Some of the best military spending is supporting places like the Solomon's with foreign aid as it a; doesn't hand them over to a country notorious for thunder loving other nations and b; proper foreign aid makes people's lives less worse off. But now we get to hear the war drums even louder now.

Tough on Cina, lol.

Mad as.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 28, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon posted:

If I was the government of the Solomon Islands I'd be a little ticked off that Australia gets to lease two ports to China (Darwin and Newcastle) but them leasing one is verbotten.

And all of this could have been easily avoided by Australia still giving humanitarian and development aid to all the small countries in the Pacific which could really use a hand instead of pandering to the racist hordes who moan about "Why isn't that money being spent at home giving billionaires tax cuts?"

China's been the only country willing to give them money, why wouldn't they let them build a base?

Edit: Australian aid over the last 50 years

quote:

In May 2016 the government handed down the 2016/17 federal budget which confirmed the final round of Australian aid cuts, $224 million or 7.4% of the Australian aid program. As Jonathan Pryke notes, this is the sixth-largest cut in any one year of the aid program’s history, and affirms the trend of Australian aid to the least generous in its history.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Mar 28, 2022

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Now I am actually wondering, is Scott Morrison suffering from dementia?

A quick google gives me this:

Studies show that the ability to perform simple math problems, as well as handling financial matters, are typically one of the first set of skills to decline in diseases of the mind.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Anidav posted:

Thereabouts but no one wants to write the op lol

Make bucky do it

Konomex posted:

Now I am actually wondering, is Scott Morrison suffering from dementia?

A quick google gives me this:

Studies show that the ability to perform simple math problems, as well as handling financial matters, are typically one of the first set of skills to decline in diseases of the mind.

He's a happy clapper christian thats evidence enough of brain damage/mental decline.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Scotty gonna give it a try during a debate.

"Get my wife's name outta your loving mouth, Albanese!"

Forum Joe fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 29, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forum Joe posted:

You joke, but I can easily see this happening.

Someone brings up the Grace Tame "incident", (her not smiling), which lead to Jenny hanging poo poo on her during the 60 minutes interview, which then leads to Albo or Labor saying "The Prime Minister's family's performance on 60 minutes was disgraceful." or similar, which leads to ScoMo doing the full "How dare you criticize my wife! Say what you want about me but leave poor innocent Jenny out of this!".

It's a stretch, and a lot of links. But you can't tell me it is beyond ScoMo to try it, and nor is it beyond the fuckwits of Australia to buy it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Auspol fanfiction itt.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Forum Joe posted:

Get my pastor's name outta yer loving mouth

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Breetai posted:

Auspol fanfiction itt.

Labor will win drat you

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Albo sighed as he drew his katana.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

You joke, but I can easily see this happening.

Someone brings up the Grace Tame "incident", (her not smiling), which lead to Jenny hanging poo poo on her during the 60 minutes interview, which then leads to Albo or Labor saying "The Prime Minister's family's performance on 60 minutes was disgraceful." or similar, which leads to ScoMo doing the full "How dare you criticize my wife! Say what you want about me but leave poor innocent Jenny out of this!".

It's a stretch, and a lot of links. But you can't tell me it is beyond ScoMo to try it, and nor is it beyond the fuckwits of Australia to buy it.

havent morrison used his wife exactly like this at least twice already? there was the time when he found out somethign was bad because jenny told him and something else more recently i forget what it all blurs togeth

Anidav posted:

Thereabouts but no one wants to write the op lol
done

auspol 2022 election thread op posted:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A lot of people were already defending Jenny pretty hard after the 60 minutes interview, because the general response was 'Why is Scomo getting her to apologise for his lovely work as PM' (as he sat there doing his usual smug smile, and then the Ukulele bit to really drive home that he actually takes his job very seriously). It seemed like a 'Jenny did nothing wrong' kind of support base.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Get my pastor's name outta yer loving mouth

Pastors usually have something else in someone elses mouth.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/RohanLeppert/status/1508573985919107073

melbourne greens councillor giving a long, self-admitted non-apology filled with dogwhistles after being caught liking transphobic tweets (pretty blatant stuff from rowling etc., here's some) & making transphobic fb comments & then having a twitter meltdown on the weekend both doubling down & trying to deflect

what's the vic greens internal situation wrt transphobia at the moment, i know they're historically the state branch where anti-trans entryism has been the biggest problem & they've never quite cleared them out like other states have managed? i don't have any doubts about the federal greens mps/senators on this but if i lived in vic i guess i'd probably have qualms about voting for any random greens councillor i hadn't vetted now

the party is apparently aware of this latest issue & are taking action but internal processes are slow

https://twitter.com/shanebazzi/status/1508593153242431490

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

"I didn't think anyone was going to see it" is a hell of a defence.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was hacked by trans lesbians

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

someone caught being horny on main

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Laserface posted:

Pastors usually have something else in someone elses mouth.

That is definitely part of it.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/steph_dalzell/status/1508685561716158464

They can't even buy people off correctly. Trump mailed cheques and Rudd gave us direct bank deposits. Nobody's going to be as grateful for a $420 tax cut somewhere towards the end of the year as they are for $420 landing in their bank accounts right now.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a one time handful of cash for the one time cost of living

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Breetai posted:

Auspol fanfiction itt.

Unsubscribe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!
hehe 420$ They're going to make Josh Frydenberg head shaped bongs.

https://twitter.com/AusElectoralCom/status/1508588441017241606

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Not sure I've ever seen the AEC be so wrong before. :(

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait to get my albo brand middle class tax refund in August

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Barnaby looks like he's struggling to stay awake, probably a few reds under the belt already.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Wait...it's $420....in a year and half's time?!?!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Comstar posted:

It's always 420 somewhere

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Comstar posted:

i think that's a mistake in the abc article, everywhere else says it's for this year's tax return only, not next year's only, which would be insane obviously

budget seems extremely boring from what i've seen so far. some handouts to try to buy votes and not much else of note. no real agenda or vision, not even the usual "let's cut everything!" - guess they're smart enough to realise that would be suicide right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!