Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Bedurndurn posted:

Evolve Idle

Are plants and fungi just easier than animals? Both of them seem like they let me just ignore one gathering job completely. What's the downside to them? I'm only on my sixth MAD reset so is it a later game tradeoff?

Oh and is there a good way to cheat/cheese the 2x accel time? When it runs out I am sad.

Every genus and species has its tradeoffs, but yes the fungi genus and the ent (within plant) species are particularly noteworthy callouts as being mechanically friendly early on.

Fungi's benefit becomes less important later, but ent fanaticism is always nice. Less for not having to deal with lumber, more for not having to deal with plywood.

As for the accel time, it's based on computer clock and can be correspondingly cheesed. (So long as you're not, say, on a work computer, or some other Good Reason why you want to Not gently caress With your computer clock.) Close game window, turn computer clock forward 12+ hours (1 day is easier), reopen game window and collect your 8 hours of accel time, tell computer to re-sync its clock back to the correct time/day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Bedurndurn posted:

Evolve Idle

Are plants and fungi just easier than animals? Both of them seem like they let me just ignore one gathering job completely. What's the downside to them? I'm only on my sixth MAD reset so is it a later game tradeoff?

Oh and is there a good way to cheat/cheese the 2x accel time? When it runs out I am sad.

Someone in this thread had a way to do it, was quite a while ago, though.

And no, you're right, plants are easier in general early because of the less jobs, and Ent especially remains powerful for the vast majority of the game due to Kindling Kindred and the removal of wood and the crafted plywood from recipes. There's no real downsides to them long term, either, as you can just crispr out any downsides for cheap during long runs once you've got the arpa upgrades.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Welp, I think I reached the end of the content in Incremental Mass Rewritten. Reached Primordium and maxed out the Neutron Tree and I'm not seeing anything I can fiddle with beyond stacking more Cosmic Strings to push out more random particles to place.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Sage Grimm posted:

Welp, I think I reached the end of the content in Incremental Mass Rewritten. Reached Primordium and maxed out the Neutron Tree and I'm not seeing anything I can fiddle with beyond stacking more Cosmic Strings to push out more random particles to place.

This is the current end of content, reached it yesterday myself. Supposedly more is coming.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im still in the supernova stage, been getting 1 nova done per day since about 20. Im at 35 now, when do more stuff unlock?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I got totally stuck at 33 Supernovas, and I can't do anything else. I at least saw a path the other times I was stuck, but nothing seems to be able to move forward at this point.

Edit: So I join the Discord, and find out how to beat a locked Neutron Tree challenge in a very weird way.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 24, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah that's normal. All you do for a few days is buy neutron star and boson upgrades as they become available and cycle through trying all the challenges and fermions every few hours

Ineptitude posted:

Im still in the supernova stage, been getting 1 nova done per day since about 20. Im at 35 now, when do more stuff unlock?
I just gained visibility on the next big mechanic unlock, which is Radiation at 44 supernovas and 5e52 neutron stars

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I lost my save when he wiped the test server and launched .5 and definitely didn't spend days getting to radiation.

If you happen to be using the dark reader extension to force dark mode on websites turn it off. It makes the supernova ui nigh unusable. I remember that slowing things down for me on my original playthrough.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I'm trying to build the Stellar Engine in Evolve Idle, but the automation script I've been trying really doesn't want to build aerogel for some reason. Should I just turn the script off, or is there something I can tweak to force it to allow aerogel to be made?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I'm trying to build the Stellar Engine in Evolve Idle, but the automation script I've been trying really doesn't want to build aerogel for some reason. Should I just turn the script off, or is there something I can tweak to force it to allow aerogel to be made?

It may be trying to limit production to keep the minimum amount of materials. If not then Production Settings - Foundry - Weighting Adjustments set to Prioritize Demanded should fix it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

It may be trying to limit production to keep the minimum amount of materials. If not then Production Settings - Foundry - Weighting Adjustments set to Prioritize Demanded should fix it.

I already have it set to prioritize demanded materials though. How do I know what the minimum amount of materials is?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I already have it set to prioritize demanded materials though. How do I know what the minimum amount of materials is?

By default it's like 10% of the input materials. Under the Min Materials column. Graphene and Infernite for aerogel. More than likely infernite locked at that stage of the game.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 25, 2022

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

By default it's like 10% of the input materials. Under the Min Materials column. Graphene and Infernite for aerogel.

Well that'd help explain it. The minimum is set to 0, but I don't have a whole lot of Infernite income. Kinda okayish Graphene income though.

Should I turn off "save Soul Gems for prestige" for now or just wait until I have enough?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Well that'd help explain it. The minimum is set to 0, but I don't have a whole lot of Infernite income. Kinda okayish Graphene income though.

Should I turn off "save Soul Gems for prestige" for now or just wait until I have enough?

It's 10 gems for the infusion and the only research you really need to spend gems on is Virtual Reality. Droids aren't really worth it at that stage. Hellfire furnace maybe if you have a decent gain rate.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Sindai posted:

Radiation at 44 supernovas and 5e52 neutron stars

Ok that seems pretty far away still.

Incremental Mass does a few interesting things but it is the most randomly paced incremental i have played.

In the beginning you can get decent progress if you check in every 5 mins or every hour; progress keeps gradually going up and you can be very active or casual but it never really requires grinding.
All that changes when you get to quarks where you need to do a reset every 2 seconds 6 thousand times to get enough quarks to progress to the next stage.
Then you get to supernovas and its just a chain of timewalls that only require input once a day or so.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

In Evolve, is there a way to construct crates/containers in bulk? I'm just spam clicking to assign tens/hundreds of them one at a time and it feels like there must be a better way, especially with the way it looks like things will end up scaling once I push further.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

settings:

you can combine them, e.g. ctrl-shift-click to make 250

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

settings:

you can combine them, e.g. ctrl-shift-click to make 250

ahhhhh thank you!

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Ineptitude posted:

Incremental Mass does a few interesting things but it is the most randomly paced incremental i have played.

In the beginning you can get decent progress if you check in every 5 mins or every hour; progress keeps gradually going up and you can be very active or casual but it never really requires grinding.
All that changes when you get to quarks where you need to do a reset every 2 seconds 6 thousand times to get enough quarks to progress to the next stage.
Then you get to supernovas and its just a chain of timewalls that only require input once a day or so.

It really is "here play this game, there's lots to do" to "come back and check on me in 8 hours... maybe there'll be something". I do hope they keep working on it, there's some very relaxing things happening, but there are just big vacant sections too where I'm just sitting and waiting on Bosons or Neutrons to accelerate to a high enough number to make that next step.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Alright, I finally got Aerogel going again. The problems I'm having now are Graphene, which needs Infernite to build plants for, and then Infernite, which needs Plywood. Which... would be more of a non-issue if I wasn't trying to do a 3-star run to do my first blackhole. Was that a mistake?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright, I finally got Aerogel going again. The problems I'm having now are Graphene, which needs Infernite to build plants for, and then Infernite, which needs Plywood. Which... would be more of a non-issue if I wasn't trying to do a 3-star run to do my first blackhole. Was that a mistake?

3* is fine but the mistake here is needing plywood :v: You're almost at the end, though. After the engine is complete it's just a bit of building and waiting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ineptitude posted:

I found the last big wait was reaching supernova 40, then the next 4 came very quickly and things get much faster for a while after radiation is unlocked. Like you said, the pacing of the game is impossible to predict.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Right. Only a couple more pieces of the Stellar Engine left; so, I'm supposed to jump into either Antimatter or Heavy Gravity from here, right? Which is better, between the two?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Sindai posted:

I found the last big wait was reaching supernova 40, then the next 4 came very quickly and things get much faster for a while after radiation is unlocked. Like you said, the pacing of the game is impossible to predict.

I'm at Supernova 40 as of like 6 hours ago and poo poo's still basically frozen in time. Nothing much is changing for me.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Right. Only a couple more pieces of the Stellar Engine left; so, I'm supposed to jump into either Antimatter or Heavy Gravity from here, right? Which is better, between the two?

I did AM first as its 4* is Weaker Mastery which you don't have much of yet and its anti-plasmid bonus is a permanent ~30% prod and ~25% storage in every other universe. Grab 3k AP (spending only 100 on bleed), all its universe-specific achievements, then leave for heavy. You'll be ready to start 4* proper then, if you want.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Falcon2001 posted:

I'm at Supernova 40 as of like 6 hours ago and poo poo's still basically frozen in time. Nothing much is changing for me.

Check back tomorrow. It’s waiting for Bosons and Neutrons. After I got past 40 it’s jumped to 44 today.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

I did AM first as its 4* is Weaker Mastery which you don't have much of yet and its anti-plasmid bonus is a permanent ~30% prod and ~25% storage in every other universe. Grab 3k AP (spending only 100 on bleed), all its universe-specific achievements, then leave for heavy. You'll be ready to start 4* proper then, if you want.

By "universe -specific" do you mean "get all the achievements you got on standard in Antimatter", or do you mean "get the two that are specific to Antimatter"?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

By "universe -specific" do you mean "get all the achievements you got on standard in Antimatter", or do you mean "get the two that are specific to Antimatter"?

The two specific ones, yeah. Grab those at 4* and you won't have to return until post-ascension and EM maxing.

You'll likely get a bunch of your Mass Extinction 4* done here as well as getting started on 4* Creator and Verrazzano for their perks. The last is particularly important and useful for the extra planet options.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 27, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Once you get to 40 Supernovas things speeds up for a while, i went from 40 to 60 in no time at all.

When you get the 60 Sn Neutron upgrade (Automatically Pent Up), and notice that progres is REAL slow, :siren:remember to turn on Pent Up in the Main->Mass menu:siren:, because that is the obvious spot for a new button to click this late in the game.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Just started IdleOn to see how I like it. I think I requested to join the pizza is free guild properly.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Ineptitude posted:

Once you get to 40 Supernovas things speeds up for a while, i went from 40 to 60 in no time at all.

When you get the 60 Sn Neutron upgrade (Automatically Pent Up), and notice that progres is REAL slow, :siren:remember to turn on Pent Up in the Main->Mass menu:siren:, because that is the obvious spot for a new button to click this late in the game.

Yeah I initially didn't even notice that Pent was a thing until I randomly flipped through the tabs.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Jhet posted:

Depends on what your definition of being done is. I'm not counting it done until none of the numbers can go up anymore. It feels good to have everything but 1 wish finished, hitting hard caps on e/mNGUs, and beating the last boss done.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with remembering to use Move 69 being my personal kryptonite (it does, I'm still only at about halfway there).

I guess done as far as beating the last titan goes, I do plan on running the game for as long as I need to hard cap my sad NGUs though. I have Hacks/Wishes done, I'm saving for the PP/QP end pieces right now, but I still have some quirks and perks to finish up right now. Should be able to beat Amal v4 next week then it's just stat buying after that for the last two Titans.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Evolve: What causes the Stoned production decrease? I'm playing Shroomi, junk gene is Solitary.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm on a mellow planet.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
This exotic mass in the black hole is taking loving forever even with 9 mass ejectors (to be 10 in a few hours). I've been running it on and off for like 3 days now and I'm still only at 0.0136 solar masses of exotic matter.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

This exotic mass in the black hole is taking loving forever even with 9 mass ejectors (to be 10 in a few hours). I've been running it on and off for like 3 days now and I'm still only at 0.0136 solar masses of exotic matter.
exotic mass is based on your infernite & elerium gather rate, not really your # of ejectors

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

crime weed posted:

exotic mass is based on your infernite & elerium gather rate, not really your # of ejectors

Unfortunately I only have enough income to eject 6-7 infernite and 4-5 elerium per tick without running dry, and I've hit a bottleneck on gather rate for both of those.

e: Welp. The game auto-researched "Stabilize Black Hole" before I could reset and I don't have a backup. I guess I'm loving starting dumping materials over.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 29, 2022

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

That happened to me too though I was dumping at a higher rate than yous o didn't lose quite so much time.

But I definitely felt like I was close and then checked again later and had almost nothing, turns out the idle script would just auto-hit the wrong button because I hadn't told it I wanted to blackhole reset.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone at Demonic Infusion yet? How many levels of the spire is good for a first time?

The whole mech thing is kinda neat.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ascending the spire felt intolerably slow to me on my first attempt at it. I think the intention is to attempt demonic infusion over the course of a few ascensions, using the perk that carries blood stones between runs in order to accumulate enough for a complete waygate. I stopped at floor 13 on my first run, currently doing more ascensions to try to make the trip to the spire a bit quicker before i try that again