Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don’t get it. Why would the opponent play the card they were given?

spending 2 mana on nothing is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : nope

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 29, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e: nope

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 29, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's start of turn, so soon enough your spells just become +damage to face spells. How many would you want in your deck to make the mechanic meaningfully good? 10? 12? That specific card isn't very good so it's not a good start.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

e : hey the full card text is clearer on how it works

....and yet i still don't get it. Ignore my previous uninformed posts I'm gonna wait until I see it in action

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 29, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's a fan translation so wait for the official one

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Amoeba102 posted:

I haven't played with sound for years. Do silenced minions still make attack and death sounds?

Yes, there's even attack sounds for minions that never would've attacked without being silenced, like Ragnaros.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
finally, the answer to quest mage we've all been waiting for

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

iOS user: This game has sound?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Blasmeister posted:

iOS user: This game has sound?
Sometimes I'll pop in my headphones and play HS, as a treat.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Unless they add some curse generators to the core set, with all the murlocs they've been pushing for Warlock so far with this expansion, I can't see curse Warlock becoming a thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Unless they add some curse generators to the core set, with all the murlocs they've been pushing for Warlock so far with this expansion, I can't see curse Warlock becoming a thing.

Speaking of Warlock Murlocs

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Murloc zoo looks pretty promising.

Handbuff murloc zoo that also assumes you have murlocs on the board as well somehow? Less so.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The change to spell part means that after you refresh 2 mana playing a naga, you can refresh 2 mana with a spell. More mana cheat! (this looks hard to use tho -- a tempo mage deck would like this card but it's really slow and severely under-statted at 4 mana, and it's difficult to combo this unless there are a lot of good 1 & 2 mana naga)

Firebert fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 29, 2022

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

The change to spell part means that after you refresh 2 mana playing a naga, you can refresh 2 mana with a spell. More mana cheat! (this looks hard to use tho -- a tempo mage deck would like this card but it's really slow and severely under-statted at 4 mana, and it's difficult to combo this unless there are a lot of good 1 & 2 mana naga)

This has a real miracle/apm/big brain vibe to it. 0/5 (my brain is small)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Looks insane with conjured mana biscuit shenanigans

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
OMG I loving love ResPriest may God have mercy on my eternal soul. This is too much fun. I play aggro like 99% of the time and Tonk the rest. I know I am doing wrong but so much fun. So much.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

God will have no mercy, but who cares - just get rezzed.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Blizzard really loooooves these red exclamation marks, don't they?
They fixed it for the gameplay achievements, but ... life finds a way I guess?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mcbexx posted:

Blizzard really loooooves these red exclamation marks, don't they?
They fixed it for the gameplay achievements, but ... life finds a way I guess?

They've been broken for me for awhile on gameplay achievements. Just show up on the overall button but when I drill down further there's nothing I can select.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Got Prime?

Claim a free legendary.

Although I'd probably wait until the expansion is out.
According to the reddit post, it should be valid until April 26th.

There'll be more in the coming months.

quote:

Hearthstone: Climb the ranks with the Prime Gaming Hearthstone in-game content drops. From now through September (9/14), Prime members can claim monthly Hearthstone offers for a total of four Random Guaranteed Legendary Cards and three Standard Card Packs for PC, Android or iOS. Today until 4/27, members can claim the first Prime Gaming Hearthstone drop, which includes a Random Guaranteed Legendary Card to celebrate the upcoming launch of the title’s latest expansion, Voyage to the Sunken City, on April 12.

https://primegaming.blog/blizzard-titles-join-prime-gamings-april-offerings-a8c8e51ac601?gi=1daaa0d0a21d

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 30, 2022

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Reveal season always feels like it takes forever, but it seems insane that there's still two weeks left until the expansion.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its particularly insane that we still dont know the core rotation until next week

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

When Pigs Cry posted:

Reveal season always feels like it takes forever, but it seems insane that there's still two weeks left until the expansion.

drat, it's really that long? I am so burned out on this meta.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

drat, it's really that long? I am so burned out on this meta.

I've just been playing dumb poo poo in Standard to complete my Quests and maybe some Wild, Standard is so very dull right now.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

mcbexx posted:

Got Prime?

Claim a free legendary.

Although I'd probably wait until the expansion is out.
According to the reddit post, it should be valid until April 26th.

There'll be more in the coming months.

https://primegaming.blog/blizzard-titles-join-prime-gamings-april-offerings-a8c8e51ac601?gi=1daaa0d0a21d
Oh, that's a nice bonus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like that’s it for card reveals until the 5th. About 50 cards left, with the only remaining legendary being the Hunter colossal. Of course there might be new cards in the core set too.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Do they still do the reveal streams where they have a popular streamer play a few games? Or the day for streamers to play with the new cards? Though I guess the rotating core set might complicate that.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bremen posted:

Do they still do the reveal streams where they have a popular streamer play a few games? Or the day for streamers to play with the new cards? Though I guess the rotating core set might complicate that.

April 7th is the theorycrafting stream day where they have people build decks and play with the new cards, this year they are even doing Wild streams as well

April 5th is when the last ~50 cards are getting dumped and the core set is revealed; not clear if there is going to be a livestream or pre-recorded video

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Firebert posted:

April 7th is the theorycrafting stream day where they have people build decks and play with the new cards, this year they are even doing Wild streams as well

April 5th is when the last ~50 cards are getting dumped and the core set is revealed; not clear if there is going to be a livestream or pre-recorded video

Thanks. I'm interested enough in the new set and rotation that I didn't want to miss those.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Firebert posted:

Finally maybe some respect and acknowledgement for us Wild players. Maybe they'll finally start paying more attention to the format. I bet all the streamers suuuuuck at it.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I kinda like Dane and Roffle. Both stream wild almost exclusively, neither of them are bad players. Sometimes they just choose to play bad or at least novelty decks for entertainment. I think if you played wild competitively you'd get burned out super fast. Oh also there's corbett, currently sitting at rank 14 legend. But I rarely watch him, also because I watch a lot less hearthstone in general compared to, say, 2 years ago.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yea I like Roffle and watched him a bunch when I played.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Dane is a treasure and deserves to be in some kind of hall of fame if only for his shadowcaster plays over the years

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
His Deathrattle Rogue decks are masterpieces.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

PneumonicBook posted:

Yea I like Roffle and watched him a bunch when I played.

He is the greatest dinomancer.

victorious posted:

His Deathrattle Rogue decks are masterpieces.

I'm exceptionally fond of his insane priest decks.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
If only the first one was actually true!

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23765271

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

quote:

BEEEES!!!

Old: Choose a minion. Summon four 1/1 Bees that attack it. → New: CHOOSE A MINION!!! SUMMON FOUR 1/1 BEEEES THAT ATTACK IT!!!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I like how some of them are pure flavor changes that would just be more fun like the BEES!!! card update. Even the standard card changes would be fun for the last week if they actually did it.

edit: Fixed a bug where Priests would sometimes not generate multiple copies of Soul Mirror. They will now always generate at least 1 extra copy.

1st_Panzer_Div. fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Five years of HS shitposting condensed into a single dev post... I kneel.