Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

No wonder Harvey Weinstein took a fall if he was still trying to ride a win in 1998 all the way to 2020

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

:(

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Lmfao

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Hootington posted:

I watched that too. The theme is great. A simplification of the banger chorus.

Just found out only murders season 2 starts the end of June. The first season was a pleasant, funny watch.
https://twitter.com/OnlyMurdersHulu/status/1507394836990734337?t=31qi_LKNHEXQZv6JojM8XA&s=19

I was recommended it by a fellow goon a few months ago. It's good. Hope they don't over do it in the second season.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

No one was ever slapped at the Golden Rooster Awards... just saying.

that's because no one gives a poo poo about it

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Chris Rock getting slapped was the funniest thing he's done in decades.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
🙄

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Personally, I think this would not have happened if Chris Rock had held more crypto.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

remember when that warrenite teacher lady tried to convince her class that Bernie Sanders wearing mittens outside in January was white supremacy somehow and they were like "what the hell are you talking about" and she wrote an op-ed about what an educational experience it was for them and it got published

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
That dog police music video gave me the push to find a Playlist of music videos that played on "The Basement Tapes" during its 80s run. It is full of gems like Race of Slaves or When I Go to the Beach or Can't Get a Job.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

remember when that warrenite teacher lady tried to convince her class that Bernie Sanders wearing mittens outside in January was white supremacy somehow and they were like "what the hell are you talking about" and she wrote an op-ed about what an educational experience it was for them and it got published

oh this must be that critical race theory I've been hearing so much about

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

I completely forgot, and would like to see it if it hasn't been taken offline out of shame

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

AC/DC is the greatest rock'n'roll band of all time. Nobody better

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

you never hear a band that popular with so much air in their songs. it’s amazing how confident they were in their performance and songwriting that they’d just have a full measure between clean quarter power cords with MAYBE a bass/snare drum keeping very simple time, and if you’ve ever seen them live the energy is still somehow over the top

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Chris Rock getting slapped was the funniest thing he's done in decades.

Truth. Chris Rock should be thanking him

indigi posted:

you never hear a band that popular with so much air in their songs. it’s amazing how confident they were in their performance and songwriting that they’d just have a full measure between clean quarter power cords with MAYBE a bass/snare drum keeping very simple time, and if you’ve ever seen them live the energy is still somehow over the top

In pretty much every medium there's nothing more appealing than confidence. We all know from childhood what it's like when someone is trying too hard.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Srice posted:

I completely forgot, and would like to see it if it hasn't been taken offline out of shame

I found posts discussing it at the time, and the tweet with the link has been taken down but I apparently had the foresight to block-quote the text in its entirety so here's a C&P

quote:

Three weeks ago I processed the Capitol insurrection with my high school students. Rallying our inquiry skills, we analyzed the images of that historic day, images of white men storming through the Capitol, fearless and with no forces to stop them. “This,” I said, “is white supremacy, this is white privilege. It can be hard to pinpoint, but when we see, it, we know it.”

Across our Zoom screen, they affirmed, with nods, thumbs-ups, and emojis of anger and frustration. Fast-forward two weeks as we analyzed images from the inauguration, asking again, “What do we see?” We saw diversity, creativity and humanity, and a nation embracing all of this and more. On the day of the inauguration, Bernie Sanders was barely on our radar. The next day, he was everywhere.

“What do we see?” I asked again. We’ve been studying diversity and discrimination in the United States; my students were ready. What did they see? They saw a white man in a puffy jacket and huge mittens, distant not only in his social distancing, but in his demeanor and attire.

We took in the meaning of the day, the vulnerability of democracy, the power of ritual, traditions and the peaceful transition of power.

We talked about gender and the possible meanings of the attire chosen by Vice President Kamala Harris, Dr. Jill Biden, the Biden grandchildren, Michelle Obama, Amanda Gorman and others. We referenced the female warriors inspiring these women, the colors of their educational degrees and their monochromatic ensembles of pure power.

And there, across all of our news and social media feeds, was Bernie: Bernie memes, Bernie sweatshirts, endless love for Bernie. I puzzled and fumed as an individual as I strove to be my best possible teacher. What did I see? What did I think my students should see? A wealthy, incredibly well-educated and -privileged white man, showing up for perhaps the most important ritual of the decade, in a puffy jacket and huge mittens.

I mean in no way to overstate the parallels. Sen. Sanders is no white supremacist insurrectionist. But he manifests privilege, white privilege, male privilege and class privilege, in ways that my students could see and feel.

“When you see privilege, you know it,” I’d told them weeks before. Yet, when they saw Sen. Bernie Sanders manifesting privilege, when seemingly no one else did, I struggled to explain that disparity. I am beyond puzzled as to why so many are loving the images of Bernie and his gloves. Sweet, yes, the gloves, knit by an educator. So “Bernie.”

Not so sweet? The blindness I see, of so many (Bernie included), to the privileges Bernie represents. I don’t know many poor, or working class, or female, or struggling-to-be-taken-seriously folk who would show up at the inauguration of our 46th president dressed like Bernie. Unless those same folk had privilege. Which they don’t.

nb w/r/t that last line: this is how Liz Warren and Janet Yellen dressed to the inauguration

all tarted up as you can see

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this was in the San Francisco Chronicle

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

I found posts discussing it at the time, and the tweet with the link has been taken down but I apparently had the foresight to block-quote the text in its entirety so here's a C&P

nb w/r/t that last line: this is how Liz Warren and Janet Yellen dressed to the inauguration

I dunno, why are we getting all mad over what's obviously some dumb blog post?

loquacius posted:

this was in the San Francisco Chronicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MlaIe1ljs

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

loquacius posted:

lmao, excellent

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

now im listening to ac/dc and enjoying it. i bet the reason my high school sports teams had any success at all was ac/dc and guns and roses nonstop during practice

also thunderstruck playing during planes 2: fire and rescue is the easy highlight of the movie

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Dirty Deeds is a pretty great song. I mean it's all good party rock, but that one always stood out to me.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
ac dc lmao

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
ACDC is the last Rock-Rockish band. In the 80's, music become more complex, changed styles, or was given that layer of punk or metal culture.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

MLSM posted:

ac dc lmao

they're fun, it's like if a band was also a party

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they’re like the lmfao of their generation

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

There's graffiti around where I live of just the AC/DC logo and whoever is making it I respect their deep love of AC/DC.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just put on some ac/dc. Your mood will brighten. You will want to have fun. Nobody else does it like those scots.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They should bring back rock music imo.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ac/dc just makes me want to do coke

not presenting this as a detracting factor fyi

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

they’re like the lmfao of their generation

*lib analyzing causes of trump voice* you can pretty much draw a straight line from AC\DC to LMFAO

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

*lib analyzing causes of trump voice* you can pretty much draw a straight line from AC\DC to LMFAO

ac/dc normalized having fun playing music

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

Just put on some ac/dc. Your mood will brighten. You will want to have fun. Nobody else does it like those scots.
i'm not an ac/dc fan (mostly dislike the vocals-side) but even i cannot deny this is true.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Staind of its generation

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

i'm not an ac/dc fan (mostly dislike the vocals-side) but even i cannot deny this is true.

You dislike both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah I choose to listen to ac/dc maybe once every four years but if it’s on it’s probably a fun time

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

there is an absolutely insane world of ac/dc covers out there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Bon Scott era AC/DC rules. Brian Johnson era AC/DC isn't as great but still gets the job done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

They should bring back rock music imo.

https://www.spin.com/featured/machine-gun-kelly-picked-up-a-guitar-to-save-rock-and-himself/

quote:

MACHINE GUN KELLY PICKED UP A GUITAR TO SAVE ROCK — AND HIMSELF