Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is out of one year of funding from the budget from the office of Children and Family Services.

https://cnycentral.com/news/local/hochuls-proposed-nys-budget-cuts-children-and-family-services-funding-by-800m

Hell yea, BILLS BITCH!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Ravens dangerously close to breaking the chart

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I see more impactful injuries in the Bills and Chiefs' futures.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
lol lions, no one's good so doesn't matter who gets injured

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Relentlessboredomm posted:

lol lions, no one's good so doesn't matter who gets injured

If De'Andre Swift gets injured it could impact some fantasy teams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So many replacement level kneecaps bitten

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1508796175457079307

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hasn't paternity been proven already? lol

"Is child support extortion?" Jerry Jones, probably.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 29, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Wait what are the other monetary extortion attempts?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chucktesla posted:

Ravens dangerously close to breaking the chart

Every offseason: Harbaugh fined yet again for doing multiple practices he wasn't supposed to do per the CBA
Every season: Why the birdies so hurt all the time I don't get it?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the lesson is nothing is more important than staying healthy. do not let your starters play a single down they don't need to, especially in preseason

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Every offseason: Harbaugh fined yet again for doing multiple practices he wasn't supposed to do per the CBA
Every season: Why the birdies so hurt all the time I don't get it?

The preseason winning streak just means more

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

the lesson is nothing is more important than staying healthy. do not let your starters play a single down they don't need to, especially in preseason

Either the Bills or Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl if their defense/QB respectively didn’t get complete brain lock at the end of their losses.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

The Seahawks being in this circle with the other teams is kinda funny though. Also the Falcons being just outside of it.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Either the Bills or Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl if their defense/QB respectively didn’t get complete brain lock at the end of their losses.
The Bills probably beat the Chiefs if they had Tre White. So, even though they were, once again, absurdly healthy for the most part, they suffered an injury to the one player that left them most vulnerable to a high-powered passing attack.
So, like...no guarantee that Burrow wouldn't throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs in Buffalo to lead the Bengos into the Super Bowl.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sometimes you just get smoked by Tyreek Hill. sure wouldn't wanna lose that guy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

AndrewP posted:

Sometimes you just get smoked by Tyreek Hill. sure wouldn't wanna lose that guy.

Can’t lose games because your best players go down to injury if you preemptively get rid of your best players.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

The Seahawks being in this circle with the other teams is kinda funny though. Also the Falcons being just outside of it.

Yeah. Seahawks may have been healthy across the roster but uhhh losing your franchise qb is pretty bad. Graph doesn’t seem to account for that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah. Seahawks may have been healthy across the roster but uhhh losing your franchise qb is pretty bad. Graph doesn’t seem to account for that.

Yeah, but Drew Lock could get injured and they wouldn't even notice! Now that's protecting your roster.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The clear outlier there is the 49ers, one of the most injured teams in the league both in raw injury numbers and WAR lost to injury but still came within a play or two of going to the super bowl.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals injury luck last year is overstated, They had a ton of key guys play hurt, and other key contributors get injured in training camp and get apparently disregarded as potential starters. Eli Apple was meant to be the first guy off the bench, but since Trey Wayne was injured basically through this year for the second straight year people just treat him like he was meant to be a starter the whole time. Xavier Sua-Filo was meant to be a starting guard but never played a snap because of off-season injuries. Joseph osai was likely to be a key rotational edge rusher and he got injured in the preseason.

Then when you get to players playing hurt, their center of Hopkins had an ACL tear week 17 the previous year and was clearly playing at a reduced capability for basically the first half of the year. Higgins injured his shoulder early in the year and played several games at a reduced capacity after missing a couple. Joe Burrow was hobbled the first few weeks of the year and played through a couple of injuries that clearly affected his play. Riley Reiff got injured 2/3 through the year and caused Prince to take over at Right tackle. Our best linebacker injured his shoulder, Missed 3 weeks, And then played the rest of the season with a labrum tear that required surgery after the super bowl. The only exceptional edge rusher we have on our roster had a lingering back issue that took him out of significant time the entire post season, which basically caused our pass rush not to exist when he was out. Bengals also lost a ton of key special teams contributors like Brandon Wilson Akeem Davis Gaither, etc.

I would still rate it a better year than usual for injury just because a lot of people were able to play through issues, but a lot of commentators act like it was a completely clean slate and it absolutely wasn't.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dang, Chargers were shockingly healthy.

They must have had a great 2021

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but Drew Lock could get injured and they wouldn't even notice! Now that's protecting your roster.

Damb I’m playing checkers and pete is playing 4d chess

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Dang, Chargers were shockingly healthy.

They must have had a great 2021

5 seconds away from the playoffs!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

5 seconds away from the playoffs!

Still more angry about the Texans game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shouldn't this take like, an afternoon to prove?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

chargers must draft Jordan Davis

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol drat the Lions on that chart, yeah, they were injured as gently caress but who cares.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I still can't believe when they did the "We have Lamar Jackson at home" about him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Barudak posted:

Shouldn't this take like, an afternoon to prove?

The long and short of it there's an ugly divorce battle between one of Jones' daughters and her husband. This other "illegitimate " daughter has allegedly been subpoenaed to testify in that case that she is Jones' daughter. But this woman's mother made a deal with Jones to take a $375k payment in a trust to keep her mouth shut about the legitimacy of the kid, and apparently there are still two large payments due on the daughter's 26th and 28th birthday. Jones' attorneys allegedly reached out to his illegitimate daughter and threatened to take away the money if she testified. So the daughter is now suing. JJ is also alleging that the ex-husband and the illegitimate daughter are in cahoots.

I don't think there's actually much doubt that she is his daughter.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 29, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Curious how old the daughter was when Mom signed the agreement.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1508840924201242628?s=21&t=DnXt2VvuV64238V_f1ae3Q

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rip Baker and Jimmy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rip Baker and Jimmy
and Blake

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AndrewP posted:

chargers must draft Jordan Davis

Sure why not

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1508843455413469187

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

And much like the previous OT rule, within a year or three it’ll be for the regular season too.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Weeeeeak

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

other source

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1508844189647310855?s=21&t=95au0aUhm8Wwb2siI7s_Tw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That's a good change and I won't mind if it stays only for the postseason. There really is no point putting extra wear and tear on guys' bodies in the regular season. If you can't beat a team in 60 minutes in September then it doesn't really matter.