Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
none of those load for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

draw your own versions of what you think were talking about based on how were describing them

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Some Guy TT posted:

draw your own versions of what you think were talking about based on how were describing them

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Bismuth posted:

Is this the wrong Kim Jong? It looks more like Il than Un

That dedication to accuracy will never get you far in the North Korea expert world. You can just make up whatever and people will buy it. If you ever need money, just make up a story about him secretly killing a family member or shooting a general out of a cannon. You don't neven need to change the names around. He's had his sister killed like a dozen times so far, and everytime, this time it's for real.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dr. Stab posted:

That dedication to accuracy will never get you far in the North Korea expert world. You can just make up whatever and people will buy it. If you ever need money, just make up a story about him secretly killing a family member or shooting a general out of a cannon. You don't neven need to change the names around. He's had his sister killed like a dozen times so far, and everytime, this time it's for real.

Truly the Un family are monsters

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Reminds me of something my gay step dad would email me every day. Thank god for his second retirement

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Lol

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ok i have some questions about the artistic/design choices of that roll of paper

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

If tonight's tweets are an indicator, we're about to see like 20 loving dudes do the same "Will Smith slapping a man labeled DIGNITY & DECORUM" take. My only question is, in how many will the Will Smith caricature be wildly racist? Make your predictions now!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
no idea but at least one of them will be from an artist who in the past year made a comic about how modern men are too weak and afraid to stand up for themselves or their families

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Will Ukraine slapping Chris Putin with javelin hands

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

gradenko_2000 posted:

Will Ukraine slapping Chris Putin with javelin hands

the hidden c-spam sex stuff thread is that way ->

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

quote:

In his Sunday column, Danny Westneat diagnosed the contradictions that plague Seattle’s attempts to deal with our city’s most prolific criminals.

As Westneat pointed out, those malefactors are no strangers to the police; they are arrested repeatedly. Yet, divergent concepts of justice among the various actors in the city’s political and legal system have repeatedly undermined attempts to put an end to these people’s careers in crime.

There are 118 offenders who have been identified by Seattle and King County as being responsible for 2,400 crimes. Among them are gun-toting dealers of deadly drugs, as well as professional thieves who steal from beleaguered downtown stores and private cars and homes in the neighborhoods. Simple logic would suggest that taking these individuals off the streets would be the smart thing to do, but that is not happening.

horsey you've outdone yourself

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so has crime in seattle actually gone up recently or been noticeably worse compared to other cities or anything like that

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I live here and no, there's just more and more tech people making 120k and instantly turning into Woke* Republicans because wealth rots the brain.

* Woke as in love to lecture you about using guys as a shorthand for a group of people, not woke as in antiracist/not transphobic/actually care about these things.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Horsey's quality has really gone down over the years

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
118 people responsible for 2,400 crimes does sound pretty serious though. So are they just fabricating this figure out of whole cloth?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
If that is what they're saying, you gotta ask the question: should we trust the cops on these numbers??

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Tom Smykowski posted:

If that is what they're saying, you gotta ask the question: should we trust the cops on these numbers??

Why would you trust them on anything?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

118 people responsible for 2,400 crimes does sound pretty serious though. So are they just fabricating this figure out of whole cloth?

This is propaganda for a "go after repeat offenders" plan that is being rolled out by the MAGA-hat-wearing CHUD city attorney. It's exactly the same plan that has been tried repeatedly (give the police more money), and will have exactly the same results.

The real solution is systemic change, but that makes good much less pithy comics.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1508835919557709824?t=utCcOWXMypFPGTZUlybjqQ&s=19

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

see this joke would work well if it's an ftm person. Like, obviously all public bathrooms suck but it'd be more of a consistent with mainstream assumptions joke to have someone used to female spaces being shocked by a male one. In fact you could even do that without the weird 'I can't wait to see it' element, just a three panel joke of 'wow my first time using a public men's room, I'm sure it'll be okay though' with the payoff of 'get it the real problem he faced was how gross it was'.

But then he'd have to make a joke A) knowing ftm trans people exist and B) seeing trans people as anything other than perverts 'eager' to check out people's bathrooms and weird poo poo like that.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

sexpig by night posted:

Like, obviously all public bathrooms suck but it'd be more of a consistent with mainstream assumptions joke to have someone used to female spaces being shocked by a male one.

Ask any janitor, the women's bathrooms are grosser.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ogantai posted:

they are but the more typical assumption is the other way around and if he wants an audience of anything but his weird freak fans mainly just laughing at how triggered this makes some hypothetical lib he should play to those

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ogantai posted:

I can attest that women's bathrooms are the second worst to clean. Airline pilots are the worst.

Also that comic would work a ton better if it dropped the last panel.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Iron Crowned posted:

I can attest that women's bathrooms are the second worst to clean. Airline pilots are the worst.

Also that comic would work a ton better if it dropped the last panel.

but then how would he get to say trans women are actually just men?

we actually don't need to see this guy's hateful poo poo imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

RECKLESS VERBAL GAFFES

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is the most generic political cartoon I have ever seen

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Ogantai posted:

Can confirm from my janitorial days. Women's room was always, always 100x worse, to an almost comical degree

Worst were the people who'd poo poo all over the stall in an attempt to hide the garment security tags they'd tried unsuccessfully to flush down the toilet

That said, gently caress transphobia

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Guy is most definitely Not Mad people are lampooning him.
https://twitter.com/GPrime85/status/1508790523607371781?t=ozPHZv_X8J12yIkw1L1kbA&s=19

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I won't say there's no amount of money you could pay me to clean even just one more womens' restroom after the bar closes, but...it'd have to be a head-turningly stunning number.

The men's room might have some poo poo caked to the side of the bowl or a few errant grains of coke scattered on top of the TP dispenser, but the womens' bathroom?

I...I'm not ready to talk about the things I've seen.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

That said, gently caress transphobia

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i see that alexopoulus is branching out into the stonetoss dominated field of infrequent funny sharable cartoons provided you know nothing about the political background of the person who made them

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My experience in retail janitorial contracting the women's rooms were worse on average but the men's room had lower lows, even if they were decently rare.

:dudsmile:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

now verbal gaffes matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Some Guy TT posted:

i see that alexopoulus is branching out into the stonetoss dominated field of infrequent funny sharable cartoons provided you know nothing about the political background of the person who made them

Note that he draws an Adam's apple with more detail than hands. That, the wig, and leaving the women's room for the men's restroom are some big giveaways of his attitude here

Panfilo has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Mar 29, 2022