Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Liberal federal executive intervenes to halt NSW preselections and take over state division (Guardian). "The dramatic move allows Scott Morrison to have a big say in choosing the candidates in key seats as election looms"
Teal is the colour the Climate 200 indepdents challenging key Liberals and Nationals is using and which some said key Liberals are appropriating: ‘No one owns a colour’: Sharma denies copying Spender’s teal brochure (SMH). "Wentworth MP Dave Sharma has defended sending out political communications in the same teal colour as his independent rival Allegra Spender without mentioning his membership of the Liberal Party."

Rowe:

It's budget day. Cost-of-living package the centrepiece of Josh Frydenberg's fourth budget (ABC).

Wilcox:

A little while back Koala listed as endangered after Australian governments fail to halt its decline (Guardian).

Spooner:

Lethbridge 1:

It's reported that Australian pensioners will be offered a one-time payment of A$250 in the budget to help with the rising cost of living.

Lethbridge 2:

Knight:

Warren Brown:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wingers really do just hear what they want to, huh? I heard the speech and he sounded fine, certainly not incoherent or incomprehensible. He's no worse than Trump at the very least.

Accusing Biden of saber-rattling while defending Mister "Fire and Fury."

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Is this that Gordon Peterston guy?
To give him the only credit he is due, Dave Sims, unlike Jordan Peterson, never had himself put into a dubiously effective medical coma in a Russian health facility in an effort to cold-turkey-snooze through the nasty part of quitting a drug addiction after spending years preaching about the importance of personal responsibility and not making excuses and bootstrapping yourself by your pull-ups, then suffered crippling medical issues as a side effect.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 28, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I guess I wasn't expecting this many people to cluck their tongue at Will Smith for :decorum: reasons and how it's "destroyed his image" or some poo poo, but I should've seen it coming.

"Hmm, will people get that this thing is bad? No, just to be sure I should have someone nearby to say 'thing is bad' out loud. Another pulitzer prize worthy cartoon!"

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Vib Rib posted:

I guess I wasn't expecting this many people to cluck their tongue at Will Smith for :decorum: reasons and how it's "destroyed his image" or some poo poo, but I should've seen it coming.
I genuinely think he'd be catching way less heat if he'd just slapped Chris Rock but he also swore on television :ohdear:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’m legit amazed that more pundits don’t adhere to my (admittedly shortsighted) view of: talk poo poo get hit

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So can we just confirm now that this entire "arc" was mixed up and drawn out of a hat?
I mean, she already did door to door campaigning. Doors were slammed in her face, and then Vladimir Snake-Putin blew up her headquarters.
There's no way this poo poo isn't being printed out of order, though given how bland and Nothing Happens it is, we're possibly the only ones who have noticed.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Cowcaster posted:

i’m legit amazed that more pundits don’t adhere to my (admittedly shortsighted) view of: talk poo poo get hit
They do when it's someone they hate getting hit. Or when they can extrapolate it out into some sort of weird broader social stance of making GBS threads on oppressed people, in the vein of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". But they'll still spin it any way they want on a given person or a given day and not feel the slightest hint of whiplash.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Nenonen posted:

Tag yourself, I'm "Professional Woman" :wink:

("pro femina" would be more like it, but I'm sure the actual term is "feminism")

what?????

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Stuart Carlson

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Jack Ohman

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Tony Branco

quote:

Off the Charts Sticker Shock: “Biden did that” stickers are on gas pumps all over America but gas isn’t the only thing he’s raising.

Genuinely surprised there weren't more Chris Rock/Will Smith toons. Guess those'll be tomorrow.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

The third, fourth and fifth panels aren't contradictory at all and in fact make perfect sense.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dude wearing the Sex Machine shirt in that Clay cartoon would be a perfect av

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Fentanyl Deaths? Really?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Man, my Wokeness stocks are looking good right now and getting in on the ground floor of CRT was the best investment I ever made.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kikas posted:

Fentanyl Deaths? Really?

It's a racism thing. Biden is keeping the border wide open and letting everyone in, so more Mexican drug cartels are coming into the US, and they're the ones selling all the fentanyl to Americans, which is why deaths have gone up.

e: I think there's some stuff about China too so it's like two racist talking points for the price of one.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

Man, my Wokeness stocks are looking good right now and getting in on the ground floor of CRT was the best investment I ever made.

One would think that OLED would be a better investment :downsrim:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Drakyn posted:

To give him the only credit he is due, Dave Sims, unlike Jordan Peterson, never had himself put into a dubiously effective medical coma in a Russian health facility in an effort to cold-turkey-snooze through the nasty part of quitting a drug addiction after spending years preaching about the importance of personal responsibility and not making excuses and bootstrapping yourself by your pull-ups, then suffered crippling medical issues as a side effect.

Also, at the risk of beating a dead horse, Dave Sim could (and presumably still can) actually draw pretty drat well. Even if he's a loving nutcase.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I know/hope the stubbley strong jaw trans swimmer is meant to be mocking conservative ideas of trans people but I'd still really rather Jones didn't. Got enough of that imagery floating around already.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pants Donkey posted:

Dude wearing the Sex Machine shirt in that Clay cartoon would be a perfect av

Free to a good home.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Groke posted:

Also, at the risk of beating a dead horse, Dave Sim could (and presumably still can) actually draw pretty drat well. Even if he's a loving nutcase.

That's what I thought looking through those scans "Oh this is some very nice art....oh noooooo"

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Angepain posted:

I know/hope the stubbley strong jaw trans swimmer is meant to be mocking conservative ideas of trans people but I'd still really rather Jones didn't. Got enough of that imagery floating around already.

clay jones is the lib equivalent of branco

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Smith versus Rock – Actor Will Smith has been widely condemned for slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars after the comic made a joke about his wife"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson has not been fined over Westminster partygate scandal - Twenty fines sent out to Covid law breakers in Whitehall - with threat of more on way

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Do Telegraph readers even understand what "YOLO" means? That's like, ten years ago at this point, that's way too modern for them. Though I can't be certain Blower has much of an idea either

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If I do these daily it's one comic, which maybe isn't enough?

Le Monde

28/3

From Chappatte, who is Swiss: "'Putin will be tried before the International Court of Justice", "...the one we don't recognize."'

29/3

Dilem, Algerian: "Zelensky gives as good as he gets: 'Ah! The actor is coming through!"'

I'm trying see how to do some of Charlie Hebdo's election stuff but I have no idea what they're talking about. As I said I'm very poorly informed about French politics since I still can't vote, and it's dense. Plus the comics are very wordy at times and I'm not the best translator.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Angepain posted:

Do Telegraph readers even understand what "YOLO" means? That's like, ten years ago at this point, that's way too modern for them. Though I can't be certain Blower has much of an idea either

I didn’t even get that, I was trying to puzzle out what “LYOO” meant

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

I didn’t even get that, I was trying to puzzle out what “LYOO” meant

I was stuck on figuring out HOLWD :v:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If I do these daily it's one comic, which maybe isn't enough?

Le Monde

28/3

From Chappatte, who is Swiss: "'Putin will be tried before the International Court of Justice", "...the one we don't recognize."'

29/3

Dilem, Algerian: "Zelensky gives as good as he gets: 'Ah! The actor is coming through!"'

I'm trying see how to do some of Charlie Hebdo's election stuff but I have no idea what they're talking about. As I said I'm very poorly informed about French politics since I still can't vote, and it's dense. Plus the comics are very wordy at times and I'm not the best translator.

I appreciate the current format, don't overdo it by adding a bunch of extra stuff. Especially if it's text heavy, I feel like having the translations below weakens the impact a lot unfortunately, and my French is nowhere near good enough.

Also, I don't really want to know too much about Éric Zemmour beyond what I've heard already.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:justpost:

Someone might step in to give context, but even without it'll be a breath of fresh air.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Kikas posted:

I was stuck on figuring out HOLWD :v:

:confused:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I may just post them comment free. The caricatures are fun to see at times and there's some dumb visuals. But for a foreigner it's "Nonsense, it's an election year"x100.

Let's try this batch of the literal electoral nobodies. It's "easy" to run for President in France and there's a lot of minor party candidates. The most they get is points for trying, year after year after year. Some are on the ballot, some have failed to get on. Final image is not-work-safe in the even the spoiler tags don't catch it.

Charlie Hebdo 2022 French Election:

Philippe Poutou is a far-left, anti-capitalist candidate. He got 1% (this is more or less what these people get) of the vote last time.

"No, I never had a bank account at the Crédit Agricole of Sablé-sur-Sarthe!' 'Sir, the Rothschild bank.'"

Highlights of a rally. The final blurb on the bottom left bluntly states: "Once more, [he's gotten] just 250 promised signatures before the televised debates and the sneers of the French who have nothing but disgust for the proles who count their pennies."

Florian Phillipot Far-right candidate. Was once the FN's (the "mainstream" far-right party) 2nd in command.

"Non Mr Phillipot, you'll not get Alsace and Lorraine!"

"What's next for Phillipot?: 1 euro and I'll un-demonize you."

Nathalie Arthaud Far-left Lutte Ouvrière leader.

"Blame the Bosses, Capital..." "It's time for your pills, Mme Arthaud."

Jean Lasalle My partner says: "No one really knows what he's about because he mumbles. He's probably on the right."

Hèlene Thouy Animalist (animal rights) party. Didn't manage to get on the ballot.

The left wins European Elections

Fabien Roussel some sort of Communist. I figure he's not on the ballot.

The left is beginning to worry: "They'll disappear faster than us."

Pierre Adonis supposedly a hedonistic libertine who tried to get on the ballot but failed. I think.
:nws::nws:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Pierre Adonis supposedly a hedonistic libertine who tried to get on the ballot but failed. I think.
:nws::nws:

This one does not require translation, unfortunately.

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:kstare:Sinfest Sunday!:kstare:

I'm a week late catching up with the thread, but even though I know it's a skirt I can't help but see this. And I know Ishida would hate it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Politoons 2022: Bonjour les bukkake

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

How CumPassé...

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Holy poo poo and I thought US conservatives were mad about the Smith/Rock thing. The British right absolutely lost their loving minds. Lmao.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Holy poo poo and I thought US conservatives were mad about the Smith/Rock thing. The British right absolutely lost their loving minds. Lmao.

They seem to be some of the most "proper behavior" types in the anglosphere, I imagine two rich guys breaching etiquette like that would send them places they didn't know existed in their heads. I'm doing my best to take a break from social media, but this storm of people going nuts over this is making me rubberneck a lil.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Vib Rib posted:

Implying they had minds to start with

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Budget edition.
The budget was last night, possibly too late for the cartoonists but there were enough leaks to know the gist of it. Everyone has their own analysis and spin but the main theme is the cash splash to save the election.

Pope:

Rowe 1:

The budget is the treasurer's day so it's Josh Frydenberg's time to star in cartoons.

Wilcox:

Shakespeare:

Warren Brown:

Leak, Son of Leak:

With The Australian I can't help think this is meant to be pro Josh Frydenberg and we're meant to feel scorn towards the foolish voter.

Rowe 2:

Downes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

ANYONE HAVE SOME PAINT THINNER?

WHEN IN DOUBT LIE- IF IT DOESN’T WORK, LIE BIGGER!

The Biden handlers scrambled all day trying to cover up Biden’s latest verbal blunders during what was billed as a “major address” in Poland. Joe blurted out, “For God’s sake, this man [Putin] cannot remain in power.

The entire world quickly rebuked the “Liar in Chief.” Grabbing mops and brooms, the White House tried to clean up the mess Joe left behind while claiming what Biden blurted out “was not on his teleprompter.”

Every time Biden goes off script, he says the quiet part out loud. When he gets called out on it, Biden lies. A reporter asked him about his off script remarks about taking out Putin, Biden snapped:

“…Because it’s ridiculous! Nobody believes we’re gonna take down… I was talking about taking down Putin! Nobody believes that!”

So nobody believes what ridiculous Joe says?

We at GrrrGraphics certainly don’t.

Despite Sleepy Joe’s marked mental decline, he remains a shameless and pathological liar. When confronted with something that he thinks might make him look bad, his ‘lie and deny’ mode reflexively kicks in. He doesn’t care if his lies can be easily refuted. He thinks a forceful lie in the moment is what will stick. He thinks Americans will believe whatever he says because they’re stupid. After all, they voted Disaster Joe into office time and time again.

Biden doesn’t care if his lies don’t even make sense. Joe firmly stated, “Nobody believes I was talking about taking down Putin,” even though it’s obvious his regime change comments were obviously aimed at Putin. Dementia Joe can’t keep track of his own lies. Not even Biden knows what Biden means.

This would be a laughable matter if Pedo Joe wasn’t so close to the nuclear football.

— GrrrTeam

In a change of pace from cartoons of Putin painting himself into a corner, we have a cartoon of Biden painting himself into a corner.