Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The Anime Liker posted:

I'm absolutely in love with GT7 but I'm more in love with Elden Ring so I completely missed the drama around it and logged in last night to find a weird apology letter and a million FunBux in my car wallet.

LOL, thanks dudes who whined that the game whose entire premise is "you get a VW Bus, work your way up to the big leagues racing zillion dollar supercars through hard work and strategy" didn't automatically start you off with the Monaco Grand Prix supercars. I'm gonna go buy some shiny new parts for my Aston Martin.

people were mad because they patched the game to make earning cars require even more grinding, while offering microtransactions to bypass the grind

it's one thing to make you earn cars but another to make the game tedious on purpose to drive microtransaction purchases in a game that's already full price

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I would simply play the game I paid for to get the rewards at the end

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also is it still a microtransaction when the high end cars cost over $200 in credit packs

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sure but you could buy the credits. I mean you don't have to, it's optional. But it's there. If you want to. Those cars, some of them are pretty nice, aren't they? But that price tag... Take you a while to earn that, eh? And for just one car? Tell you what, though. Wouldn't take you that long if you bought some credits, you know, just a few. Million. A few million. Just so you don't have to run that same race another hundred times. There's a bundle deal on, go on, treat yourself. Take you a long time if you don't. And there's upgrades to get too. Some people already have them, they're miles ahead of you. Just one little transaction and you could be speeding along. Driving the good stuff. Skipping the grind. I mean you don't have to. It's optional. But you could.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Like if you do the cafe races you'll have 30 cars and a million bucks in like 4 hours. It took me zero time to get a Dodge Viper and a Nissan Fairlady Z that just dominate the poo poo out of the North American and Asian race circuits. My Aston Martin for the Euro races just took like a half hour of redoing big cash prize races.

It's the least grindy game ever unless you expect a $14,000,000 car to be your reward for beating a Volkswagen Golf with a Corvette.

Silliest non-issue in the history of video games. Those people would not survive something as difficult as Kirby or Pokemon.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also the $14,000,000 car isn't even that good. You can blow the doors off it with a 100k Toyota Supra.

It's just a silly gimmick, like that hat or whatever everyone was obsessed with in Call of Duty or Fortnite or whatever game it was.

Like you literally don't need to spend money for the goofy rocketship fleshlight car, you big dweebs.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Anime Liker posted:

Now this is grondracing

aprops of nothing, lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Anime Liker posted:

the goofy rocketship fleshlight car
Excuse me, what?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://youtube.com/shorts/O1drLHcF7MA

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

FFT posted:

Excuse me, what?

I can't remember the name but it looks like a tube with tiny wings.

Kinda similar to the Plymouth XNR but more tube-y.

It's very silly.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Anime Liker posted:

Also the $14,000,000 car isn't even that good. You can blow the doors off it with a 100k Toyota Supra.

It's just a silly gimmick, like that hat or whatever everyone was obsessed with in Call of Duty or Fortnite or whatever game it was.

Like you literally don't need to spend money for the goofy rocketship fleshlight car, you big dweebs.

You made three mad posts in a row about a vroom vroom sim you don't get to call anyone dweebs lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Who What Now posted:

You made three mad posts in a row about a vroom vroom sim you don't get to call anyone dweebs lol

Yeah I'm so mad, lol.

"Argh" I shouted as I found free game currency in my video game lmao.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

The Anime Liker posted:

Yeah I'm so mad, lol.

"Argh" I shouted as I found free game currency in my video game lmao.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The three great nemeses of goons:

- faces
- meter
- tone

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There has been an accusation of being mad and the thread will be cordoned off until we can get to the bottom of this

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Oh my god!! He is super mad!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Anime Liker posted:

i know your entire existence is a bit but please don't defend the microtransaction hell of modern gaming

have some limits

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

i know your entire existence is a bit but please don't defend the microtransaction hell of modern gaming

have some limits

The Anime Liker posted:

The three great nemeses of goons:

- faces
- meter
- tone

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

have some limits

They like anime. Their existence is without boundaries or social constructs.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Anime, much like getting mad at video games, is extremely embarrassing and should be outlawed.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Just play a real game like chess if you don't want to grind. You just have to memorize 534 openings and patterns, then play at least 10000 games and then you're tournament ready!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

have some limits

Exactly this.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

BonHair posted:

Just play a real game like chess if you don't want to grind. You just have to memorize 534 openings and patterns, then play at least 10000 games and then you're tournament ready!

You joke, but it's really hosed up that Sony did something as horrible as locking later content behind having to beat early content.

I am currently at the county clerk's office crying and throwing my own feces demanding to speak to President Sony.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i want will smith to purposefully approach your posts

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Anime Liker posted:

This is a trap. Will Smith wasn't a boss so resting here just resets the meme.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/S4E1Dh7.mp4

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

:dudsmile:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

don't mind me, just getting comfy in my six layers of revolving irony so any time I say something dumb I can claim everyone else was just too uncool to get the joke

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dabir posted:

don't mind me, just getting comfy in my six layers of revolving irony so any time I say something dumb I can claim everyone else was just too uncool to get the joke

I say this completely sincerely, full-on absolute deadpan genuinely from the bottom of my heart:

It is really, really funny that people are mad at me for not taking the drama around a race car video game seriously. That is exquisite and I'm very happy to see it.

It then morphing into meta-commentary about how it's impossible someone couldn't care deeply about it is way more rewarding than the chuckle I was expecting by posting about how silly the drama is.

I loving love these forums.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Anime Liker posted:

I say this completely sincerely, full-on absolute deadpan genuinely from the bottom of my heart:

It is really, really funny that people are mad at me for not taking the drama around a race car video game seriously. That is exquisite and I'm very happy to see it.

It then morphing into meta-commentary about how it's impossible someone couldn't care deeply about it is way more rewarding than the chuckle I was expecting by posting about how silly the drama is.

Everyone is mad on the internet. All the time.

Except me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CainFortea posted:

Everyone is mad on the internet. All the time.

Except me.

That's my secret cap. I'm always pissing and making GBS threads and cumming.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

The Anime Liker posted:

I don't post in this thread or really anywhere ever but this is the angriest post I've ever seen so I had to comment about how mad this guy is. It's surreal. He's combined the art of rage posting with the subtle puppet master defense and reached a level beyond angry posting. I call it Angry Posting 2.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I don't post in this thread or really anywhere ever but this is the angriest post I've ever seen so I had to comment about how mad this guy is. It's surreal. He's combined the art of rage posting with the subtle puppet master defense and reached a level beyond angry posting. I call it Angry Posting 2.

lol u mad

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm mad

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think the Anime Guy seems fine apart from the anime. Doesn't even seem mad but people really like to imagine other people being mad. It really tickles them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Beeswax posted:

I think the Anime Guy seems fine apart from the anime. Doesn't even seem mad but people really like to imagine other people being mad. It really tickles them.

Absolutely incensed rageposting on display here