Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The preview version of MineCraft enables ray tracing on the Series S/X!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The preview version of MineCraft enables ray tracing on the Series S/X!

Can you give some more info on this, perhaps a link?

edit : Found some stuff : https://www.techspot.com/news/93970-xbox-insiders-testing-ray-tracing-minecraft.html

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m not a Minecraft guy but I tried the raytracing on the pc version a while back and it looks amazing. I would definitely load it up on the xbox, bonus hdr!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I've been going through my backlog instead of just buying Elden Ring, trying out older optimized for x/enhanced for x games and overall there are some serious upgrades. some look like completely different games. xbox does it again!!!!!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Even on games that aren't specifically x/s optimized, auto hdr and fps boost do a lot of heavy lifting. Tomb Raider 13 looks better than ever with auto hdr and runs at a smooth 60 fps. The love they've put into not only backward compatibility but actually doing poo poo to improve the bc games has been amazing, especially since there's a ton of titles that benefit without the publishers doing a lovely 4k upscale and selling the game again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's hosed up MGSV never even got a PS4 Pro / One X patch. That game holds up so well and would look even better in 4K.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

I've been going through my backlog instead of just buying Elden Ring

I did this for a month but then caved and got Elden Ring, it’s soooo good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol at Xbox burying another shameful month of GwG under the even more shameful PS+ “upgrade” news

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol at Xbox burying another shameful month of GwG under the even more shameful PS+ “upgrade” news

Wait what's up with PS+ "upgrade"? I need to go ahead and cancel anyway since I won't have a PS5 anytime soon and I barely touch my PS4 at this point.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1508884555406659594?t=Tlf_RWqL1sbApZJBh0bKCw&s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Honestly curious to see what the "catalog of beloved PS1 & PS2 games" is, but if it's anything like their offerings from PS4 then it's not much.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

American McGay posted:

Honestly curious to see what the "catalog of beloved PS1 & PS2 games" is, but if it's anything like their offerings from PS4 then it's not much.

My guess is it's going to be roughly what is available to purchase right now on PlayStation 3's PS Classics section of PSN.

I'm hoping the PS Classics I purchased can be played without paying $120/year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zerot posted:

I'm hoping the PS Classics I purchased can be played without paying $120/year.

They can be played right now, on the Xbox series

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember when they first started doing that I was super excited for it and even paid $20 for Parappa the Rappa just for something to play and I checked that section of the store every week for the next two years and they never added anything else.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

It'll be:
Tomb Raider 1
Tomb Raider 2
A Bug's Life
a game just called "Bowling" (not available in all regions)

and then they forget the program exists

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sony isn't desperate for relevance, their first party games actually come out and sell something, so I didn't expect much. Just some lip service to shut up "CoPy GaMe PaSs SoNy".

I know they're so annoyed by MS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they will have at least two of the 45 PS1 games where you blow things up in a helicopter

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Minidust posted:

Now just gotta figure out if I want to use Atmos or DTS Headphone:X. Atmos demo is almost expired since most of the trial period was spent waiting for the replacement headset to arrive. DTS seems promising but it's odd that there's no profile for the official headset. Cursory online searches suggest that Atmos is better for movies while DTS offers wider soundstages for games... does that jibe with people's experience here?

Huh, it's the opposite for me. DTS sounds more like speakers in a room and I mostly use it for 5.1 TV shows on PC to get that living room surround system feel, the Atmos virtualizer is drier

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao at three tiers of ps+ and it somehow being more confusing than Xbox live gold, Xbox game pass, Xbox game pass PC, and Game Pass Ultimate. Good job Sony!

I guess my PS3 will hang out forever as my one stop shop for PS1 games (and I suppose I'll just keep emulating PS2 games that never got upgraded versions on PS3/4). Sucks that Steambot Chronicles never got a rerelease AND emulates terribly.

v lmao v

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 29, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Ps5 stays junk

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Christ I wish PCSX2 was Duckstation-tier.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Let me know what you think!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Duckstation works well on my Microsoft Xbox Series X

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

except they were too dumb to code in a combo button press for the emulator menu

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank God the PS3 has no games.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

except they were too dumb to code in a combo button press for the emulator menu

The duckstation dev got bullied off the internet by the retroarch creep so it may never get one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Thank God the PS3 has no games.

I'm going to get a copy of Puppeteer ftw.....

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

PS3 owns. I still play mine. Pity Sony hates it. That’s why I switched to Xbox

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Before Gamepass was invented, the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection on PS3 was the best deal in gaming

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Backwards compatibility is for manchildren. Any game released before November 2020 can be safely stored in the trash can.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

any game released before whenever Elden ring came out tbh

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm trying CK3 and the game isn't formatting to my tv so bits of the text at the top and bottom are getting clipped out.. Most games either format fine or have and option to size the screen. Is there any other way around this, theres a lot of text on the perimeter of this game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

. Most games either format fine or have and option to size the screen. Is there any other way around this, theres a lot of text on the perimeter of this game.

Am I crazy or is there no system-level way to fix this on Xbox cos I had this exact problem last week on an old TV. I think on PS4 you could just set the borders in the OS

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This is what it looks like for me and despite looking forward to this game I think I'll straight up pass until I get a new tv if I can't fix it.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Am I crazy or is there no system-level way to fix this on Xbox cos I had this exact problem last week on an old TV. I think on PS4 you could just set the borders in the OS

I've no clue. For 95% of games it borders fine or has it as an option to resize. My TV is older but not "old". For the few games it does this on though it drives me a bit crazy, with this game it's a big problem. The devs should probably consider adding in a manual resizer because the borders are pretty drat important here.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
look for an overscan setting, every manufacturer calls it something different

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

butt dickus posted:

look for an overscan setting, every manufacturer calls it something different

I had to change from 16:9 to "screen fit" and now it works, wondering if my properly zoomed games will be zoomed out now thought or something.

e- One last gripe, the light blue text bits that can be hovered on for more info are hard to see. Like barely different from the white text and I have good vision and am not color blind.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

has anyone made a controller through design lab? i'm debating doing something nice/stupid for myself now that one controller has succumbed to stick drift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Lmao at the latest sony announcement , I was right getting a series x and keeping the ps5 for exclusive garbage.