Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Just try explaining this to someone.

"I was born in 1899..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"Yeah, I don't think so"

huh fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 29, 2022

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"They call me the Patch Adams of movies".

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

huh posted:

"Yeah, I don't think so"

holy poo poo lol I missed this. need to watch again

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For me, the mascots really are one of the funniest things that On Cinema has introduced in a while. I'm still laughing just thinking of some of the shots with Scooby Doo holding a bag of chips wandering around the desert backdrop to this insane event.

huh posted:

Just try explaining this to someone.

"I was born in 1899..."

There's a writer I follow on Twitter, who I have never seen mention a single thing about On Cinema or Tim & Eric at all, who on Sunday just posted a screencap of that. It was a real shock to see that crossover.

Now I'm curious, I think the viewers topped out around 5700? I'm wondering how wide their audience is (outside of those who decided to watch it later).

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
lol it got even better when Gregg also started wandering off when Tim kicked him out

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

as a one-time ticket purchaser they are letting me re-watch the new episode as promised, after all. yeah, I think this is in my top 3 along with the Jaws 2 episode and the one with Laffy Daffy or whoever the 'normal host' was (who got maced)

5,700 viewers seems low given how much I see the show referenced - but that could be because I gravitate toward certain things that fit the humor

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm slowly re-watching the special because I missed a ton of jokes due to lag. I just saw that at around 1 hour and 4 minutes, as Tim's discussing the rights to the original Chaplin's chili, it cuts to a picture of Tom Chaplin's corpse after Gregg killed him in 2020.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
the new Kid Rock video is like a carbon copy of MT BTL 3.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFnLqJx-uU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Nichael posted:

I'm slowly re-watching the special because I missed a ton of jokes due to lag. I just saw that at around 1 hour and 4 minutes, as Tim's discussing the rights to the original Chaplin's chili, it cuts to a picture of Tom Chaplin's corpse after Gregg killed him in 2020.

The editing/ editors that has sprung forth from Tim and Eric related ventures is so good. I think it was last years special that had a opaque slideshow of Tim ex-wives at some point that just killed me.

I love how they somehow always use the worst possible images for the live specials. It's magical

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

huh posted:

"Yeah, I don't think so"

Everything with Wendy is so deranged. I love it. I can't say it's Tim at his worst though since he literally killed like 20 kids including his son.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

god lmao

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

The editing/ editors that has sprung forth from Tim and Eric related ventures is so good. I think it was last years special that had a opaque slideshow of Tim ex-wives at some point that just killed me.

I love how they somehow always use the worst possible images for the live specials. It's magical

I think the Oscar Special editing is done by Vic Berger.

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Vic was only listed as a segment editor this year. Tim's Instagram credited Dan Longino as the one "cueing stills, and movie clips"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbqlW6DpsvH/

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

g amato did all the work by virtue of owning the most hei points

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Gregg experienced a lot of trauma, I don't blame him https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1508920402516406275?s=12

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Did he actually go into any detail about hei points at all, I think through the lag I heard him say g Amato told him more hei points = better so they will be giving people their points back lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Tetramin posted:

Did he actually go into any detail about hei points at all, I think through the lag I heard him say g Amato told him more hei points = better so they will be giving people their points back lol

Well, the Hei Points are going to make him very rich, and they shouldn't be confused with the Healthy Eating Index.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I don't think anyone was.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Tetramin posted:

dont want to tank the hei points when theyre set to replace the us dollar this year

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

looks like it was unfriendly neighbors

quote:

Thank you all for tuning in to the special Sunday. A wonderful time was had by all. Unfortunately, a group of terroristic naybors from the area decided it would be “funny” to terrorize us during the broadcast, of which I have a zero tolerance policy for.

I bravely stood up to these thugs and was injured badly in hand to hand combat. I will recover but many of my ribs had been shattered. I am now living IN EXILE away from my ranch with orders from the thugs to remain away or face more severe violence which is against the law yet I believe there is corrupt collusion between the terrist and the local authors.

LaRough who was a failure at his post in every way possible, tipped into a ditch and was taken to a hospital where he remains in serious condition doo to dehydration and being in the cold mud all night. All other members were evacuated safely in George Turkigton’s dirty and exposed van, thanks to the cover I provided them.

Earlier mark Proch fell down the hell and broke his tailbone and his neck I think but will be fine. He is a fighter.

Thank you to Mr. Tomato for making this night possible!

You’re Hei Points should be restored shortly.

lmao @ "broke his tailbone and his neck I think"

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

He is a fighter.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Time to steal some ribs from Axiom

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thank you Mr. Tomato.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

quote:

LaRough who was a failure at his post in every way possible, tipped into a ditch

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

LaRough who was a failure at his post in every way possible, tipped into a ditch and was taken to a hospital where he remains in serious condition doo to dehydration and being in the cold mud all night.

how many ways can you spell his name lolll, and omg i am dying at this image

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

George Turkington

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Nichael posted:

Thank you Mr. Tomato.

Maybe the best sentence Tim has ever written.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I like how well Tim captures the deranged, Gen X/Boomer conservative voice.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I've watched this so many times now and cackled

https://twitter.com/kingyengy/status/1508283669450047489?s=21

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm rewatching and Gregg says that Joe will have to be recast in Deck of Cards because he disappeared and changed his phone number.

So it's a work, Money Estevez will be back!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
holy moly, just catching up on last season eps I missed and LOL @ Mark for being so ungrateful to Gregg who had been changing his diapers for a year

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Tato posted:

I'm pretty sure Tim provided more Oscars coverage with this one line than Gregg did all night

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tato posted:

fuckin' laughing out loud over here

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Check out the HEI page:

https://www.heinetwork.tv/article/i-am-alive-and-have-nothing-to-apologize-for/

huh fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 30, 2022

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Is Decker anywhere on the Hei Network?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

RobbZombae posted:

Is Decker anywhere on the Hei Network?

Tim has said a few times that Adult Swim still owns the rights to Decker, although I don't quite understand how that's possible given it originated in On Cinema. I guess a byproduct of whatever deal they signed to show Decker on TV. But they've still made references to it and used clips from it in Hei-era On Cinema, and Tim and Gregg have said they planned to eventually do more Decker under a slightly different name to get around the rights issue.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I heard Tim say somewhere that it would literally cost them over a million dollars to get the rights to Decker which makes no sense to me but I believe him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Another Bill posted:

I heard Tim say somewhere that it would literally cost them over a million dollars to get the rights to Decker which makes no sense to me but I believe him.
thats why they need all of gene amino’s hei points