Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm not sure what part of my brain short circuited to cause this originally but I've been picturing him as Ugandan Knuckles for a long time and this worked perfectly well for that
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Harrow posted:

Pretty funny examination of an animation bug that lets one type of small dog one-shot people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiUObucHgc4

This happened me so I’m glad to know why lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Regarding the Melina stuff I’m definitely convinced that she and Ranni are the same person, though I can’t tell if they’re aware of each other and literally the same person and “Melina” and “Ranni” are just two forms she takes to advance her goals, or if they were one person and were split into two separate people with their own distinct minds and goals, etc. In addition to what’s already been discussed, they both have a connection to Torrent, and the spectral face floating off to the side of Ranni’s doll face lines up with Melina’s perfectly. I also read this morning that some of the unused voice lines in the game’s code include one where Melina refers to someone as her “other self” and a version of some of Ranni’s dialogue where the lines are doubled, like two people speaking over each other

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm not sure what part of my brain short circuited to cause this originally but I've been picturing him as Ugandan Knuckles for a long time and this worked perfectly well for that

lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hizke posted:

Showing up to school where everyone hates me. Sitting at my desk with dull, dead eyes and seeing 'mimic fucker', 'went astrologer KUSA' and 'wiki zako' etched into it. Feeling the red hot tears coming up and a wadded up ball of paper pings off the back of my head. Even the kindly teacher can't help but laugh at how pathetic I am.

mysterious loyall X posted:

actually they called me a choi waruoyaji for summoning the mimic tear to blast maloonia or w/e the terrible boss is called with darkblade lasers and l2s with the mlgs and cold claymreo +25 over and over

Hizke posted:

Running straight home to cry because a group of JK gyaru made fun of my INT build and called me kimoi

lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

nee nee, my friend heard a rumour about you... is it true you used a wiki to go straight to get the moonveil first thing? (group of friends hiding around corner of wall trying to hold in laughter)

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I've been signing up to co-op Volcano Manor & Rykard as a chill out experience for when I don't want to explore somewhere new but still want to play. I'm glad I did because the time I beat him solo, none of his cool attacks triggered — I accidentally hit a rhythm that interrupted everything he tried to do.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

nee nee, my friend heard a rumour about you... is it true you used a wiki to go straight to get the moonveil first thing? (group of friends hiding around corner of wall trying to hold in laughter)

lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As soon as Larry comes off the latest of his probations he needs to post a video of himself fighting literally any boss in the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Not related but ever since the “knuc will gently caress your rear end raw dude” post I’ve only been able to imagine him as either Chigurh from No Country if he was played by Jason Alexander or George Costanza played by Javier Bardem

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

playing through this game while trying to progress as many npc questlines as possible is so funny. I feel like I’ve so far promised a dozen different dogmatic psychos that I’ll save the world, destroy the world, eat dung, carry their baby, and save and kill several maidens on the way

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

playing through this game while trying to progress as many npc questlines as possible is so funny. I feel like I’ve so far promised a dozen different dogmatic psychos that I’ll save the world, destroy the world, eat dung, carry their baby, and save and kill several maidens on the way

lmao yeh, i eventually decided to pick what my character would want and what hed try to save (so i caved in fia's skull, didnt do the volcano manor assassinations, that sort of stuff)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lmao yeh, i eventually decided to pick what my character would want and what hed try to save (so i caved in fia's skull, didnt do the volcano manor assassinations, that sort of stuff)

It's really mean that so many great-looking armor sets are locked behind the Volcano Manor assassinations so if you decide you're going to roleplay someone who isn't an rear end in a top hat you don't get them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They’re bad guys, I’m a champion

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually missed the one Volcano Manor target that I would've felt bad about my first time through because I didn't talk to Patches and get his side objective. He gives you a letter (that was clearly meant to be his target) to kill Great Horned Tragoth, a friendly NPC you can summon for a couple of bosses and whose armor set talks about how he's basically this game's Solaire

Though I'm pretty sure all of the targets are friendly NPCs you can summon for various side bosses. Old Knight Istvan will help you with at least one boss, too. Volcano Manor has you hunting Sunbros.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Every target is a villain because they have gear I want

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fungah! posted:

imagine bein someone who's readin this thread and hadnt played ff7

remake aerith is using a strength build

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
i love this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

still loving my playthrough as bartman, but every attempt at a homer/mr plow has come out pretty abstract

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

HolePisser1982 posted:

still loving my playthrough as bartman, but every attempt at a homer/mr plow has come out pretty abstract

lmao that owns

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Regarding the Melina stuff I’m definitely convinced that she and Ranni are the same person, though I can’t tell if they’re aware of each other and literally the same person and “Melina” and “Ranni” are just two forms she takes to advance her goals, or if they were one person and were split into two separate people with their own distinct minds and goals, etc. In addition to what’s already been discussed, they both have a connection to Torrent, and the spectral face floating off to the side of Ranni’s doll face lines up with Melina’s perfectly. I also read this morning that some of the unused voice lines in the game’s code include one where Melina refers to someone as her “other self” and a version of some of Ranni’s dialogue where the lines are doubled, like two people speaking over each other

The problems I have with this theory is Melina but says that Marika is her mother and she was locked up in the forbidden lands for a while. There's talk about a 3rd sealed black moon and Melina's unsealed eye looks like a black moon, black hole or maybe an eclipse. So she's presumably the Gloam-eyed Queen?

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 29, 2022

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

lmao

Nutmeg posted:

i love this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GIDEON: I worship the Two Fingers. Do YOU worship the Two Fingers?
HOMER: I killed the Two Fingers with my wife

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
a bit off topic, but do any other elden ring fans raging thinking aobut using a level 1 sphere lock to let khimari out of his default sphere grid position? it allows, cheap, broken strategies like giving him haste that can't even be nerfed, and basically ruins kitase's intended vision for final fnatasy 10.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a bit off topic, but do any other elden ring fans raging thinking aobut using a level 1 sphere lock to let khimari out of his default sphere grid position? it allows, cheap, broken strategies like giving him haste that can't even be nerfed, and basically ruins kitase's intended vision for final fnatasy 10.

It’s necessary to have steal until rikku joins. He can sit in his kennel after that

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

It's really mean that so many great-looking armor sets are locked behind the Volcano Manor assassinations so if you decide you're going to roleplay someone who isn't an rear end in a top hat you don't get them

Good thing Im never going to make that horrible decision

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
holy gently caress i just found out they put the whirligig blade in

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

i use the expert sphere grid OP