Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think Wentz has this holier-than-thou fucknut act going on and I can see why that would bother Irsay.

Also the fact that he totally hosed an obvious playoff caliber team over multiple times causing them to miss the playoffs, is probably the biggest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seriously though, Washington should absolutely take a mulligan on that awful Wentz trade they made and just trade some poo poo for Baker / Jimmy G or whatever.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Seriously though, Washington should absolutely take a mulligan on that awful Wentz trade they made and just trade some poo poo for Baker / Jimmy G or whatever.

sunk cost boyah!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

no no im sure this time it'll work out. has to

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

I really think the root of it was the vaccination issue. Irsay obviously told Wentz he wanted him to be a leader in the locker room and get vaccinated, and Wentz flatly refused. To Irsay, this meant Wentz was choosing his questionable beliefs even at the risk of not being available for the team, and for Irsay that's inexcusable.

Eh, Darius Leonard also didn't get vaccinated. Along with Nelson. I think it's just that Wentz is insufferable

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think reports said he's the kind of guy that blames everyone else for his mistakes. That's pretty much the worst kind of leader.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Sorry Kawalimus

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1508893016240570371

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Wentz sucks. I’m glad he’s on the Commanders cause I like watching my team play against him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1508892688027897856

Play
Apr 25, 2006

SIGNED *dramatic bass drum*

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think reports said he's the kind of guy that blames everyone else for his mistakes. That's pretty much the worst kind of leader.
That was the chatter in Philly as well. He always knew better, etc

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Is it possible Wentz is an even bigger rear end in a top hat than Big Ben?

I mean Wentz is annoying as poo poo but until Wentz has some sort of abuse / assault charge come out abso-loving-lutely not.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yet another Ravens hater

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1508901970525970441

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus been saying that for a minute

Bisciotti = Kawalimus

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lmfao it’s literally Kawalimus.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not nearly chicken little enough

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
“As the owner I consider myself the caretaker of this storied ball club and its legacy and if there’s any doubt that we might lose in the Super Bowl and tarnish our undefeated record in the game I’d prefer we not even make the playoffs. Especially if we’re playing Washington.”

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Meh, he wasn't going anywhere anyway. He's too good to get rid of and roll the dice on someone else.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/gunnerhal/status/1508913547518128140

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Then why have you done jack poo poo about it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

They're gonna get him with both barrels at the first chance, aren't they.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

put your money where your mouth is ya fat bitch (he won't)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“As the owner I consider myself the caretaker of this storied ball club and its legacy and if there’s any doubt that we might lose in the Super Bowl and tarnish our undefeated record in the game I’d prefer we not even make the playoffs. Especially if we’re playing Washington.”

lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

stop sharing accounts kawal

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

He should also put the Browns’ divisional games at the beginning of the season if he really wants to gently caress them

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Here's my cynical prediction. The NFL is going to give Watson a long suspension, but it'll really be as a form of punishment to the Browns for the contract which makes it worse for the other 31 teams.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

Here's my cynical prediction. The NFL is going to give Watson a long suspension, but it'll really be as a form of punishment to the Browns for the contract which makes it worse for the other 31 teams.

It's absolutely going to be less than the other dude got for gambling $1500.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Surely Haslam/Berry have at least some clue as to what the suspension/penalty is going to look like right?

I'd put the O/U at 6 games btw

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

These words mean nothing. Do something, jackass.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Surely Haslam/Berry have at least some clue as to what the suspension/penalty is going to look like right?

6 reduced to four on appeal

Looks like Harbs reads the thread

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1508462040603582476?s=20&t=HTIKnX133iwpzhk3hIIOpg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AndrewP posted:

Dee Haslam is on the conduct or whatever committee so they did till they pissed off the 31.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

gee whiz, ya think? maybe a little late in his career to be finally taking this seriously.

although I guess it was just a few years ago I think that the Rams made waves by not playing any starters in any preseason game, which I feel like is going to be more the norm going forward. turns out if your good players get hurt and can't play then your team gets worse, wow!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chucktesla posted:

Ravens dangerously close to breaking the chart

Its sad that the Lions actually did lose their best players to significant injury and still ended up there.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

gee whiz, ya think? maybe a little late in his career to be finally taking this seriously.

Harbaugh's never been the brightest coach. Part of why we hired him is because the team thought Billick's light practice schedule(often called "Camp Cupcake" by players and writers and myself included etc) is why the team always looked so sloppy. And Harbaugh vowed to be more of a tough coach. But turns out the problem runs much deeper than that.

Anyway maybe lightening practices will help but it won't stop issues like Stanley getting his ankle exploded etc

And signing him to an extension doesn't mean much since we fired Billick directly after signing him to a big 4 year extension. It's part of why Billick never bothered to coach again after.

I'd say Harbaugh is more like a team overseer than a coach.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 30, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Collectively the Chiefs fans have decided we're pursuing Terry McLauren

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I can't imagine what Washington would take for him (assuming they're lying to themselves that they're trying to win), he's their best offensive player by far.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey is undefeated against the bengals and could have a chance to go 3-0 if he plays this season

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

One (cheap, as he's on the last year of his rookie contract) good year catching passes from Mahomes and he'll need to get paid more than Tyreek so whats the point :confused:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

A noble goal, he's a good player and doesn't deserve to be stuck in Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's cool that the NFL is just actively trying to make sure defense never actually matters.