Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Some weapons that can fire fast but are semi-auto seem like they could be an RSI issue for some people.

I've not heard holding buttons to be as common of an accessibility problem, but it's good that it would be a setting.
I get pain in the index finger of my left hand after holding aim too long, so being able to change that to a toggle would in theory be a blessing (if i hadn't gotten used to holding aim and so gently caress myself up when I tried changing it to a toggle).

Courtney Craven (founder of Can I Play This) has mentioned on twitter hating games that don't let you disable vibration (or have vibration cues that aren't indicated in any other way) because holding a trigger while the controller is vibrating aggravates their vibration sickness (which they often rely on because of hearing provlems and generally awful captioning practices).

I can't imagine the amount of time you have to spend riding around on a sparrow holding a vibrating left trigger would be particularly good for the hands.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

RIP glaives.

drat, death came two months early??

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I never found glaives particularly fun outside of the suppression mod.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sword logic ornament is up for dust :getin:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

I never found glaives particularly fun outside of the suppression mod.
I always enjoyed going to town on a horde of redbars with my glaive.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Glaives have no identity to make them usable. They don't do enough damage in general to merit being the special ammo pick just for damage, their ranged attack shoots too slow and has too low an ammo stock, their melee attack doesn't interact with half the melee exotics and perks currently in the game, their reload is completely garbage, their shield is an afterthought in nearly all cases.

To make the Enigma usable at this point you needed it leveled up until you unlocked enhanced impulse amplifier. That this perk is absolutely mandatory to make a Glaive feel like anything other than a trash fire says the projectile and reload are way too low at base. The only thing it had going for it was being able to reliably apply a debuff because that let you build around suppression and take advantage of some good aspect, fragment, and perk interactions; people had already been saying once suppressing glaive went away the entire archetype was a write-off. I guess Bungie decided to rip the band-aid off early.

The only good news about this is that modern Bungie at least tries to react to balance changes in a timely fashion, and we know they track weapon usage so they'll probably take note of 99% of the playerbase chucking their Enigmas into the vault along with their exotic toothpicks and eventually do something about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Glaives are doomed to mediocrity because half the gun is the melee

And Bungie

-Is mechanically unable to give the melee portion any perks or enhancements
-Literally unaware that players wanted this

They'll always be a low damage projectile weapon that lets you spam basic melees slightly faster

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think the only effect the melee has that's a bonus is the faster combo, and that it counts toward void kills, isn't it?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Glaives are doomed to mediocrity because half the gun is the melee

And Bungie

-Literally unaware that players wanted this

They'll always be a low damage projectile weapon that lets you spam basic melees slightly faster

Bungie knows that, but they've made it abundantly clear they're concerned with bonk builds. They don't want it stacking with perks and exotics until every rhulk kill is a team meleeing him down in 10 seconds.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Witch queen is over, they ain't un-nerfing poo poo lol. Keep your eyes peeled for tridents coming in lightfall!

How's that poo poo stat armor fix coming along? Oh, it's not? gently caress new players again who don't have a vault full of decent armor, just like the mod system. Not that it matters, they'll just shuffle stats again and it'll be garbo.

The story is SO GOOD, I wish the gameplay started matching again. And holy poo poo the state of PvP is abysmal. I hate the mode, as far as it exists in D2, but I feel awful for all of y'all that have it as the main draw. :sadpeanut:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

Bungie knows that, but they've made it abundantly clear they're concerned with bonk builds. They don't want it stacking with perks and exotics until every rhulk kill is a team meleeing him down in 10 seconds.

Love these loveable idiots

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
"Fixed an issue where players on Xbox are crashing at higher rates than usual."

Oh really? It only took a full month! Good job!

Edit:
lmao at them nerfing firmly planted instead of removing successful warmup on rapid-fire frames. I will continue to use my likely suspect forever.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 29, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe if you want people to use Glaives, you shouldn’t let them roll with a list perks that don’t interact with them. It’s totally insane to act like we’re the weird ones for wanting a perk that says “on kill” to trigger when you USE THE SHARP END OF THE STICK

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe if you want people to use Glaives, you shouldn’t let them roll with a list perks that don’t interact with them. It’s totally insane to act like we’re the weird ones for wanting a perk that says “on kill” to trigger when you USE THE SHARP END OF THE STICK

wisdom in this here post

I'm guessing Glaives just ran into the same problem as Crafting, where mechanical issues led them to walk back some of their marketed promises and gave us some Weird Content instead

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

For those of us trying to complete Outbreak or Polaris Lance or whatever catalyst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgr9Ixa0dUw

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

RBX posted:

For those of us trying to complete Outbreak or Polaris Lance or whatever catalyst.

Oh sweet. Since I came back to playing, I got my sunshot catalyst to finally drop, I’m some 60% through the explosion kills and getting tired of racing against people in vanguard playlists.

edit: holy poo poo is this fast. finished sunshot, crimson, ace of spaces, and gained two full season rank in the 40s doing this for all of 30 minutes.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 30, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

this isn't true

Hotfix 4.0.0.3 Patch Notes posted:

Fixed an issue where Ward of Dawn was granting an unintentional melee damage boost that stacked with Offensive Bulwark.

said melee damage boost was applying to glaives, which is why players (myself included) thought that weapon damage bonuses were supposed to apply to glaive melees because it was not clear that the misaligned boost was melee-specific instead of just Weapons Of Light doing its thing

anyways that's why my enigma has a fairly useless Enhanced Rampage on it

also it's actually even more hosed up because bungie could apply perks or enhancements to the melee portion and just......... haven't

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

This is reminding me very much of the D&D arguments over melee weapons, natural weapons, melee attacks, unarmed attacks and which bonuses can be applied to which.

Further complicated by the fact that glaives count as melee (sometimes) but swords don't.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well yeah because :bungie: thinks swords use ammo and we're playing a game that you leave your spaceship unprepared for combat every time and have to warcrime your way into getting ammo and working off the hangover from huffing glue so you can use your super lol

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

RBX posted:

Well, this certainly made Le Monarque's easy :v:

Throw on a podcast, zone out and click heads. Good stuff!

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

That spot looks great and I'm excited to try it! I've generally gone to the Lunar Battlegrounds area to the lower right of Sorrow's Harbor where the Vex portal thing is. I can clear they 4 daily Banshee bounties there real quick, but things don't always stay grouped up like that for certain catalyst things.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Caretaker Challenge is... Very easy. Easier than "Normal"?

I'm expecting #3 and #4 to have a real ball buster among them to make up for all these freebies

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

RBX posted:

Holy poo poo. I was going to go home and Shuro Chi for this, but not now. Thanks.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

PathAsc posted:

Well yeah because :bungie: thinks swords use ammo and we're playing a game that you leave your spaceship unprepared for combat every time and have to warcrime your way into getting ammo and working off the hangover from huffing glue so you can use your super lol

Destiny 2, the game where you now have infinite ammo for your assault rifle, but you need to manage ammo for your sword.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Protocol7 posted:

Destiny 2, the game where you now have infinite ammo for your assault rifle, but you need to manage ammo for your sword.

Oh hell this gave me an idea, can't do poo poo until I'm off work though

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The solution is, for once, a gun that fires swords.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The solution is, for once, a gun that fires swords.

A bigger Thorn?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Protocol7 posted:

Bolt-action lightsaber, just chewing through Khyber crystals.

(Although there's already a rifle that basically uses a lightsaber as ammo)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Wish legend/master lost sector drops would have some kind of drop protection. Like keep the regular exotic drop rate, but go through the rotation of earnable exotics. Like if you farm on every arms day, you wouldn't get another Liar's Handshake until getting one of every available arm exotic. This protection would work across multiple arm drop days.

I've gotten 3 LHs and 0 renewal grasps this season.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

put up a slot machine minigame when you open the lost sector chest, time pulling the lever at the right time to get the exotic you want.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

hiddenriverninja posted:

Wish legend/master lost sector drops would have some kind of drop protection. Like keep the regular exotic drop rate, but go through the rotation of earnable exotics. Like if you farm on every arms day, you wouldn't get another Liar's Handshake until getting one of every available arm exotic. This protection would work across multiple arm drop days.

Absolutely not lol

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Add a kiosk at the end of legend/master sectors that you can put ciphers into to pick an exotic armor from that day’s rotation

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

hiddenriverninja posted:

This would mean you wouldn’t be able to get a better rolled exotic that you wanted until you owned every exotic

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

bungie ought to have given glaives a special melee attack, maybe a charge slash like rhulk's, in lieu of a regular slashy-slash action with problematic perk interactions.

also if ya'll didn't know this the Firefox spellcorrect for glaives is laxatives.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bust Rodd posted:

This would mean you wouldn’t be able to get a better rolled exotic that you wanted until you owned every exotic

or at least let me focus that poo poo with the exotic cipher

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I would like to focus for a specific exotic armor with a cipher, that is good to me

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I would like to focus for a specific exotic armor with a cipher, that is good to me

Sorry you got a 61 point str focused drop, guardian. Better luck next week!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

Sorry you got a 61 point str focused drop, guardian. Better luck next week!

RNG will break my heart every chance it gets, that's for sure. But this is at least One More Chance, and also it'd see your Ghost Armorer mod so I can get some nice Recovery to go with my max Strength!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In my experience putting on a recovery mod is a trap because it LOVES to roll high int or str for the bottom three stats.

So I run a disc mod to try and outsmart an unbeatable opponent. I'm less picky about the top three stats.. I don't need max resilience but I can work around it.