Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Snow Squall even made it to outside Philly and boy was it weird, just constant switching between clear and snow. Thankfully it wasn’t nearly as bad, but man getting home with the kids from school…was an experience. We made it in with about a minute left and the entire trip was the sky turning grey everywhere.

Fun times had by all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That one dude who nearly got clipped by his own car :stare:

They still don't know how many people were killed either.

In other news, time is a flat circle
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1508762244158525442?s=20&t=NkX3SpzfUhyB-W2EL1-kjg

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A heads-up for y'all Olds and/or y'all with Olds in your family:

https://twitter.com/GaryGrumbach/status/1508818628992512001

What this really means is unknown - if you are/have an Old with some health concerns, probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Otherwise, meh? There's essentially no major research on fourth doses and this isn't a recommendation, only an authorization.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That's like 30 impacts just over the course of the video. A couple may be popping tires from that burning truck, but yeeeesh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Looking forward to it becoming patently obvious as to what happened and nobody doing anything leading to a twice-impeached POTUS potentially running and winning again because decorum/governmental incompetence/"if we dig up this much dirt on them, they can dig up this much dirt on US!".

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/CoreyRobin/status/1508602390240501769?s=20&t=7TrK_8ZkzuiTSWMCdHUGhQ

Nothing will fundamentally change.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's like 30 impacts just over the course of the video. A couple may be popping tires from that burning truck, but yeeeesh

Local NPR (PA Resident) said 4 deaths, 30+ serious injuries. Not a final count.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Tennessee republicans trying to pass a backdoor kid-diddling law by changing marriage laws and eliminating age requirements.

WKRN News 2: ‘A get out of jail free card’: GOP bill would eliminate age requirements for marriages in Tennessee.
https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee...s-in-tennessee/

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

Local NPR (PA Resident) said 4 deaths, 30+ serious injuries. Not a final count.

30' visibility and a half mile stopping distance? Better speed up!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Tennessee republicans trying to pass a backdoor kid-diddling law by changing marriage laws and eliminating age requirements.

WKRN News 2: ‘A get out of jail free card’: GOP bill would eliminate age requirements for marriages in Tennessee.

quote:

According to UNICEF, between 2000 and 2018, 300,000 girls and boys were married before 18 in the US.

:chloe:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

"And with Tennessee's help, we can have 300k more child marriages before the end of the decade!"

E: House might pass a weed bill.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/bipartisan-lawmakers-file-amendments-to-federal-marijuana-legalization-bill-up-for-house-vote-this-week/

Doesn't mean the senate will do poo poo. Also 40% of taxes would go to the SBA while 10% would go to treatment programs. A lot of it makes sense but that tax revenue appropriation to the small business administration just has grift written all over it.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 29, 2022

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Arrath posted:

30' visibility and a half mile stopping distance? Better speed up!

I live an hour away from where that happened and my phone was blowing up every 30 minutes all day with snow squall warnings. People up here are idiots and think they can drive in anything, and as a result the roads have those memorial wreaths marking deadly accidents pretty much lining the highway both ways every half mile.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If that's the stretch of 81 I think it is people always, always speed through it because it's a straight shot highway with nothing but trees and on/off ramps for like 50 miles. Some of them never turned on their brain when the weather changed. The local EMS crews know how to get around that stretch backwards and forwards. Literally, because every time there's one of these pileups cops will block off traffic in the other lane and you just drive down an on ramp against normal traffic patterns until you get to the crunchy things then get to work.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nothing will fundamentally change.

:cripes:

Can't wait for the "we just don't know why nobody votes for us any more" whining in a year and a half.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

:cripes:

Can't wait for the "we just don't know why nobody votes for us any more" whining in a year and a half.
My local dem party (in a red county) is full of senior citizens that are always gnashing their teeth that they can't get people to run, amd can't get people to participate, and why aren't any young people coming out to volunteer and canvass and run for dog catcher.

I want to send them all that tweet/story with a note about how the left leaning youth want to abolish ICE becauer it is full of criminals.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

stealie72 posted:

My local dem party (in a red county) is full of senior citizens that are always gnashing their teeth that they can't get people to run, amd can't get people to participate, and why aren't any young people coming out to volunteer and canvass and run for dog catcher.

I want to send them all that tweet/story with a note about how the left leaning youth want to abolish ICE becauer it is full of criminals.

"If only Jed Bartlett were real!" :allears:

(never collectively bothers to find or *make* a Jed Bartlett, continues watching West Wing YouTube clips forlornly while the world turns Fascist)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/595315-psaki-says-binge-watching-the-west-wing-got-her-back-into

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

"You can't see poo poo, and the ground is covered ice. Surely nobodys about to blow through at 60mph and wreck." Immediately someone blows through and hits a car into another car.

"Holy poo poo, that person was crazy--what's the odds of that happening again?" Immediately, it happens again.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So I got a lawyer friend who felt it was kind of click baity and took a dive into the shallows on it and it only got worse because this part is currently in place.

The age statutes are in Tenn. Code. Sec. 36-3-104 through 36-3-107, and it looks like any judge or "county mayor" can waive the age restriction on a finding of good cause.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So what’s the play if you’re involved in a wreck like that? Stay in the car or book it for the woods if the coast looks clear?

Obviously not the middle ground of “stand next to your car in the middle of the road”

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Arven posted:

I live an hour away from where that happened and my phone was blowing up every 30 minutes all day with snow squall warnings. People up here are idiots and think they can drive in anything, and as a result the roads have those memorial wreaths marking deadly accidents pretty much lining the highway both ways every half mile.

Same OP.

That entire stretch of 81 and 78 in Schuylkill and Lebanon counties are not great places to be in wind-driven snow squalls off of the Great Lakes. Six years ago:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dozens-of-vehicles-deadly-pileup-interstate-78-pennsylvania/

I generally stay off 81 north of HBG if there is even a hint of weather. Its a really bad mix of high tractor-trailer traffic and people driving reckless as hell.

Tiny Timbs posted:

So what’s the play if you’re involved in a wreck like that? Stay in the car or book it for the woods if the coast looks clear?

Obviously not the middle ground of “stand next to your car in the middle of the road”

I'd probably try to guide it towards the ditch backslope during the crash and book it as soon as I came to a stop up the steepest hill. That works better as a theory on 78 than 81 though. That section of 81 has a lot of guide rail and steep fore slopes making that not an excellent plan. Put the hazards on and drop it to 25 when the squall kicks up and hope for the best otherwise. Like Arven was saying though, NWS was sending out mobile EMS alerts like it was a tornado for almost 6 hours and the forecast definitely called for those squalls. Its not a super uncommon phenomena around here.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 30, 2022

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-sNSjS8cq0

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Crab Dad posted:

So I got a lawyer friend who felt it was kind of click baity and took a dive into the shallows on it and it only got worse because this part is currently in place.

The age statutes are in Tenn. Code. Sec. 36-3-104 through 36-3-107, and it looks like any judge or "county mayor" can waive the age restriction on a finding of good cause.

Lol. It's always worse than you would think in Tennessee. Always.

I remember a turn to crazy happening after 2008, because ObUmMeR, but I was gone before the 2016 election. There's so much dumb poo poo coming out of there that I still have Tennessee news stations in my regular feed. It's like, if you took florida and landlock it. poo poo, I still giggle that a man named Tommy Gunn was killed by a camel there recently. That'd be like someone getting eaten by one of the gators up here in Colorado.

County mayors are a southern thing, I think. I've not encountered it outside of the south, usually it's a council or board or something.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah man watch Spare Change it'll blow your mind.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

If able to, I’d move my car as far off the road as possible (assuming it’s drivable), try to position it behind a very large tree or guardrail, put my hazard lights on, get my road flares and blinkers and try to make myself as visible as possible. Id probably stay in my car for protection from the elements, again with the caveat that I’d want cover from other vehicles crashing into mine.

Any other circumstance I’ll charge out in a t-shirt and my phone in hand, narrating everyone plowing into each other and signing off while voicing intent to go save everyone.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lol. It's always worse than you would think in Tennessee. Always.

I remember a turn to crazy happening after 2008, because ObUmMeR, but I was gone before the 2016 election. There's so much dumb poo poo coming out of there that I still have Tennessee news stations in my regular feed. It's like, if you took florida and landlock it. poo poo, I still giggle that a man named Tommy Gunn was killed by a camel there recently. That'd be like someone getting eaten by one of the gators up here in Colorado.

County mayors are a southern thing, I think. I've not encountered it outside of the south, usually it's a council or board or something.

I don’t have first hand experience but a buddy who lives in a not terrible Nashville suburb is distressed by the frequent gunfire and a murderer’s spree ended just outside his house. He’s fairly conservative (although thankfully pro-vaccine) so for the amount of shooting to upset him must be a lot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I don’t have first hand experience but a buddy who lives in a not terrible Nashville suburb is distressed by the frequent gunfire and a murderer’s spree ended just outside his house. He’s fairly conservative (although thankfully pro-vaccine) so for the amount of shooting to upset him must be a lot.

I'm sure he's comforted with the state having unpermitted concealed carry.

I lived in/around Nashville for about a decade. They were gentrifying hard through the poor neighborhoods over the past two decades, pushing people out to the suburbs like Dickson, Smyrna/Lavergne, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet. Even Hendersonville has a rougher side, but high housing prices are doing their part. Even Franklin has a few poors left.

There are entire subdivisions owned by BlackRock around Nashville.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I don’t have first hand experience but a buddy who lives in a not terrible Nashville suburb

finishing with a triple oxymoron.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

He’s fairly conservative (although thankfully pro-vaccine) so for the amount of shooting to upset him must be a lot.

The amount of gunfire white people (I'm assuming) can handle is actually genetically handle is the same as any other race; they just have more fast bitch muscle fibers.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I lived in/around Nashville for about a decade. They were gentrifying hard through the poor neighborhoods over the past two decades, pushing people out to the suburbs like Dickson, Smyrna/Lavergne, Lebanon and Mt. Juliet. Even Hendersonville has a rougher side, but high housing prices are doing their part. Even Franklin has a few poors left.

Dang. I haven’t heard him mention concealed carry but he was alarmed when schools reopened and the first day back they got notifications that pretty much half the class tested positive immediately and no way masks are the norm.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'll corroborate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I'll corroborate.

It's a drat shame. I really used to love Nashville, had a left leaning kick with all the universities and the independent music scene, might have stayed if weed had a legal scene, but I wouldn't go back now. Trump broke a lot of brains in that state, plenty beyond repair. Also after 5+ years above a mile in elevation, I really don't care to experience southern heat and humidity again.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I grew up near Knoxville and have no reason to go back besides seeing mom and dad once a year, along with a few high school friends who never achieved escape velocity.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If any of my family wants to see me, they will have to come to Colorado. My mother came out once, when I checked into the Aurora nuthouse, no one else.

That and I'm not keen on risking weed possession or trafficking charges if I get nabbed speeding or whatever. Half ounce of flower is felony in Tennessee, as are any concentrates.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's a drat shame. I really used to love Nashville, had a left leaning kick with all the universities and the independent music scene, might have stayed if weed had a legal scene, but I wouldn't go back now. Trump broke a lot of brains in that state, plenty beyond repair. Also after 5+ years above a mile in elevation, I really don't care to experience southern heat and humidity again.

Reports from people I know repeatedly confirm the fact that after 2008 a switch was flipped and people lost their damned minds.

e: And I generally like the ambiance of Tennessee. I can't go down there anymore. I basically just stay at the house and that's a 14 hour drive.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 30, 2022

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Also Tennessee whiskey sucks

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

(Kentucky is like right there)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soul Dentist posted:

Truth.

Though I haven't tried Uncle Nearest yet. Next time I'm on the sauce I'll buy a bottle, but the patron saint of cheap whiskey, Evan Williams, is better than Daniels or Dickel any day.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Truth.

Though I haven't tried Uncle Nearest yet. Next time I'm on the sauce I'll buy a bottle, but the patron saint of cheap whiskey, Evan Williams, is better than Daniels or Dickel any day.

My man.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No it broke when there was a black president. People would walk into the napa i was working about bitching about how it's the white house they should change the name now. Nashville has always been a racist shithole and its really funny to see the dem version of liberal talk about what a forward city it is as they live in gated all white communities. "We cant believe anyone is rascist here my neighbor only washes his bedsheets once a year"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, I know, but it took a noticeably harder swing right in '16 and hasn't looked back.

I handed out lemon party flyers in Murfreesboro when that tea party bullshit took off. Amazingly stupid times.