Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

How is that show anyway? I’ve read the comic and watched the first episode but then instantly forgot about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
No idea if true but lmao if it is
https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1508936124886142985?t=m_Iplm1YvY4zjxSFSzqlGQ&s=19

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Lmao they reverse Wesley Sniped his eyes

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah ngl I'm skeptical considering they just added punisher like a week ago

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well I just checked the scene on Disney+ and it definite looks like the second shot, bloodless and with closed eyes. I don't remember what it had looked like before, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

site posted:

yeah ngl I'm skeptical considering they just added punisher like a week ago

All of the Punisher's guns have been turned into Walkie Talkies

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I am completely certain that I could rewatch F&TWS and I would be unable to tell what changed without the help of the internet. Maybe I don't pay too close attention when I watch.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
That account shows another scene from falcon and winter soldier where a pipe thrown by bucky bounces off a goon instead of impaling them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

How is that show anyway? I’ve read the comic and watched the first episode but then instantly forgot about it

It's good! I'm really looking forward to more.

That said, I didn't really like the comic.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Well I just checked the scene on Disney+ and it definite looks like the second shot, bloodless and with closed eyes. I don't remember what it had looked like before, though.

Hope that means he's still alive. He seemed like an interesting character just rushed and not really filled in like the rest of the show

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Oh! I enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight. Felt just like one of the books, a lot of them seem to start with WTF is going on.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Did they leave in the scenes in the first episode or two where Falcon slaughters like a dozen henchmen? Because his sanctimonious speech at the end of the season about how life is precious would probably hit differently if they took all of his murders out.

Like seriously, Marvel. I'll never get over how he doesn't want a terrorist who is in the middle of executing a plan that will kill hundreds if not thousands if she's successful, to be killed.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cross-posting my opinion on Moon Knight from TVIV:

JordanKai posted:

I really wanted to like that first episode, but there was too much holding it back for me. Quips at inappropriate times and overbearing use of music are the main offenders, as per usual. I also really don't like that the disembodied voices are used for comedy. :( Oscar Isaac did an incredible job, of course, and I think the overall story construction did a good job of setting up Steven Grant's utter confusion.

After thinking it over for a little while longer, I do think the disembodied voices sounding so silly and talking like the symbiote from the Venom films were my least favourite thing about this episode. It diminished the feeling of mystery and confusion a lot for me.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Happy Hippo posted:

Did they leave in the scenes in the first episode or two where Falcon slaughters like a dozen henchmen? Because his sanctimonious speech at the end of the season about how life is precious would probably hit differently if they took all of his murders out.

Like seriously, Marvel. I'll never get over how he doesn't want a terrorist who is in the middle of executing a plan that will kill hundreds if not thousands if she's successful, to be killed.
ehhhhh the TFATWS finale had a bunch of issues but the fact that Sam doesn't wanna kill Karli isn't really one of them.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lmao the stuntwoman is still acting pinned to the wall with straight nothing there now:

https://twitter.com/hildadaniela/status/1508981058003357698

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What a weird time to do that as they upload all the Netflix ones too.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I didn't watch past the first episode of Falcon & Etc because I genuinely do not like that Falcon is a flying operator with a double digit on screen body count and even his little bird sidekick is a now a missile drone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrianWilly posted:

ehhhhh the TFATWS finale had a bunch of issues but the fact that Sam doesn't wanna kill Karli isn't really one of them.

Yeah. I can understand a lot of the criticisms but a MCU hero sympathizing with a villain’s motivations and working overtime to try to stop her destructive tactics without killing her is not one of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Karma Tornado posted:

I didn't watch past the first episode of Falcon & Etc because I genuinely do not like that Falcon is a flying operator with a double digit on screen body count and even his little bird sidekick is a now a missile drone.

You gotta murder a lot of people to be Captain America in the MCU.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's really weird because it's not like Moon Knight is bloodless. I almost wonder if it was an accident, like someone uploaded a version from some other country

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i've seen people speculate in these twitter threads that it may have been a change for if you have parental controls on but they hosed up the rollout, but grain of salt and all that

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The parental control angle makes the most sense to me, but I could also believe that this is an attempt by Disney to retroactively sanitise Falcon and the Winter Soldier because they've decided that they don't want the next Captain America to have such a violent history.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
can't wait for the edit to civil war where instead of using red wing to drone strike a guy it showers him with flowers

e: changing every scene with his flip out machine pistols into super soakers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anyways, Moon Knight was pretty good, and dang full costume in episode 1!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Apparently the edits are a 'low violence' version for the parental controls, but it overwrote the original version by accident even if you have the controls off.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-falcon-and-winter-soldier-marvel-violence-censo-1848727437

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Veotax posted:

Apparently the edits are a 'low violence' version for the parental controls, but it overwrote the original version by accident even if you have the controls off.

https://gizmodo.com/disney-falcon-and-winter-soldier-marvel-violence-censo-1848727437

Still shows up on my end, even after making sure my account was set to be able to watch it. Guess it'll take a while.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Good thing the internet freaked out about it. I’m looking at you Twitter!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

BrianWilly posted:

My problem isn't that he doesn't want to kill. My problem is that he slaughters maybe a dozen henchmen, some of whom completely unnecessarily (that helicopter he stuck a bomb to, for example) but its only when a bad guy has lines that he's all anti-killing. It's completely bizarre, and the fact that she was actively trying to kill as many people as possible doesn't help.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Happy Hippo posted:

My problem isn't that he doesn't want to kill. My problem is that he slaughters maybe a dozen henchmen, some of whom completely unnecessarily (that helicopter he stuck a bomb to, for example) but its only when a bad guy has lines that he's all anti-killing. It's completely bizarre, and the fact that she was actively trying to kill as many people as possible doesn't help.

To be fair this is a trope in superhero comics since forever, and especially glaring in super hero movies where the hero will kill random henchmen without a thought but when it comes to the bad guys the hero all of a sudden realises their no kill policy/refuses to kill because "it will make me as bad as them". Meanwhile in the next room are like 80 dead henchmen.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

There’s a QR code on the wall of the museum in a Moon Knight and apparently it leads to a digital copy of his first appearance. Werewolf by Night whatever.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Opopanax posted:

Anyways, Moon Knight was pretty good, and dang full costume in episode 1!

At least we learn that there was a reason he was mugging the undead CGI monster; I thought he was beating up Khonshu instead of some NPC creature

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

At least we learn that there was a reason he was mugging the undead CGI monster; I thought he was beating up Khonshu instead of some NPC creature

I laughed pretty hard at the tables turning and the monster trying to get away from Moon Knight only to be pulled back in.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I'm excited that most of the trailer happens in the first episode. Now I don't know what the gently caress.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really enjoyed Moon Knight, I saw people being confused about it jumping around, but that's intentional.

Surprised how much stuff from the trailer was in the first episode. That means there's a TON of poo poo we have not even been hinted to.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
honestly this was probably the weakest first episode of all the MCU shows so far for me, but I'm still gonna watch it so whatever

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

honestly this was probably the weakest first episode of all the MCU shows so far for me, but I'm still gonna watch it so whatever

Ditto. Like, I'm interested but I kinda wanted them to cut to the chase faster. I guess part of that's a consequence of knowing the comics and already knowing the multiple personality thing so the "twist" really isn't one for me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It’s been attributed to Stan Lee (at least in my quick search) the idea that “every comic book is someone’s first” and I have to remind myself of that idea with shows and movies. Of course we know more about Moon Knight or T. O. Morrow or Frog Man compared to most, but I think more people would be alienated if shows and movies didn’t take some time to explain or keep a mystery.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Thought it was also a little cheap to turn Crawley into a living statue who doesn't offer any input or advice, he's just 'there' but I guess its one of those instances where they didn't want to toss the character out completely but include him for the simple sake of fan service.

I guess Hawkeye was their last nod to NYC, location shots are expensive..

Guess we're not getting the MoonCopter, Frenchie, or Marlene..

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Frenchie was in Marc's phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joe Fisto posted:

It’s been attributed to Stan Lee (at least in my quick search) the idea that “every comic book is someone’s first” and I have to remind myself of that idea with shows and movies. Of course we know more about Moon Knight or T. O. Morrow or Frog Man compared to most, but I think more people would be alienated if shows and movies didn’t take some time to explain or keep a mystery.

I think "every comic is someone's first" was a Jim Shooter thing in the 80s