Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Alpha 1 posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2024 :chaostrump:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1508800410156515344

quote:

If the 2024 presidential election were held right now, the poll finds Trump getting 47 percent support compared to 41 percent for Biden. Twelve percent of voters are undecided.

Vice President Harris performs even worse in a hypothetical match-up with Trump. Forty-nine percent said they would choose Trump, while 38 percent said they would support Harris.

Trump at +6 over Biden and +11 over Harris doesn't look very good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Alpha 1 posted:

It was so painful to see this coming years ago and not be able to do anything to stop it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bedpan posted:

it looks great, wdym

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
please let biden die before 2024 and hillary be the dem candidate against trump

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

The only thing worse than a republican is a democrat.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What the gently caress did people expect from joe "austerity rapist" biden

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

“those things become more expensive” is the “officer involved shooting” of economics. inflation happens because bitch rear end capitalists raise prices and democratic politicians call you racist when people start pondering solutions in minecraft

No no, its too much money chasing too few goods, classic inflation explanation!

Please ignore the record high executive compensation and corporate profits, those are completely unrelated

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

"take taxpayer money and use it to give people healthcare!"

"ok, alright, don't yell at me! ....do what now?"

"everybody hates me because they die or get hurt!"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I think the 2022 mid term is going to be the make or break point for Biden. If it comes out a rout, then Biden is going to have a really hard time fending off the DNC pressure to not run again in 2024. And if that happens, if the nomination really is up for grabs, it will be even harder to fight off a push by Hillary to make it Her Turn.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

the media told the libs he was a kind man who worked with obama, you know, that president you love so much? also, he's the only one who can beat trump (ironic now lol)

and they ate it up

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

WampaLord posted:

the media told the libs he was a kind man who worked with obama, you know, that president you love so much? also, he's the only one who can beat trump (ironic now lol)

and they ate it up

the man on the street interview with people at a gas station where all but one or two said "I voted for Biden but I am going to vote for Trump in 2024" was a telling thing. Biden was built up as the great white hope FDR 2.0 and people believed it. The margins were so close in 2020 that Biden only needs to lose a percent or two to have a 2024 run turn into a humiliation.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Uncle Wemus posted:

Turns out "I just want to forget about politics and go back to brunch" is a really bad idea when youre being faced with multiple rolling catastrophes that actually get worse if you pretend they aren't real. Oops!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If we don't just devolve into a one-party fascist state my guess is that from now on every president is a one-term wonder as voters flock to the "other" guy and because neither party is willing or able to address the concerns of the working-class power swings back and forth dramatically with every election and nothing ever really happens in government and then things get worse and eventually we all die.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

It was so painful to see this coming years ago and not be able to do anything to stop it.

I will never let go of my belief that the Democrats consciously planned "just get Biden through 2 years so that his VP can take over and still run for two terms, because what are they gonna do, vote for Republicans????" without ever accounting for the possibility that both people could end up toxic by 2024

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

bedpan posted:

I think the 2022 mid term is going to be the make or break point for Biden. If it comes out a rout, then Biden is going to have a really hard time fending off the DNC pressure to not run again in 2024. And if that happens, if the nomination really is up for grabs, it will be even harder to fight off a push by Hillary to make it Her Turn.
they want to lose, though. the only thing the dnc actually gives a poo poo about is how many bullshit reasons they can fit into a fundraising email.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

christmas boots posted:

If we don't just devolve into a one-party fascist state my guess is that from now on every president is a one-term wonder as voters flock to the "other" guy and because neither party is willing or able to address the concerns of the working-class power swings back and forth dramatically with every election and nothing ever really happens in government and then things get worse and eventually we all die.

thanks cassandra

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Joe Man posted:

they want to lose, though. the only thing the dnc actually gives a poo poo about is how many bullshit reasons they can fit into a fundraising email.

dumping biden and going for hillary in 2024 is a great way to lose and raise gobs of money at the same time. maybe the best way

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

bedpan posted:

dumping biden and going for hillary in 2024 is a great way to lose and raise gobs of money at the same time. maybe the best way
also the funniest

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Business Gorillas posted:

Turns out "I just want to forget about politics and go back to brunch" is a really bad idea when youre being faced with multiple rolling catastrophes that actually get worse if you pretend they aren't real. Oops!

uh what do you mean? we beat covid. we defeated it. it's done. over. in the ground. nothing to worry about. and joe said he was going to cancel some student debt, isn't that enough for you? he said words!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bedpan posted:

You know Trumo would be back for ego reasons since some of the wilder stories from his history were driven by his need for revenge.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

etalian posted:

You know Trumo would be back for ego reasons since some of the wilder stories from his history were driven by his need for revenge.

trumo losing in 2020 guaranteed us 4 more years of trumo content than we would have ordinarily received had he come out on top in 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

:pray:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022, and from the ashes Hillary will rise a god ascendant. To countenance her brilliant golden light will strike terror in the weak-willed and faithless, and those that are not #StillWithHer will be struck from the pages of history like the scourge they are

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Our year of the 6 emperors will be easier to remember since it will be all Trumps instead of various assorted Gordians and Max Thrax and some other losers

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
it would be pretty funny if hillary straight up won in 2024 and was then capital-C coup’d by a trump

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I hope the miracle of modern medicine grants us decades of Hillary trying to make triumphant returns to Presidential Elections and being rejected an absurd number of times.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

bedpan posted:

people believed it

lmao :d2a:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Alpha 1 posted:

They'll rig the election against Trump but if they don't lmao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i would find it very difficult to believe if hillary beat trump in 2024

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Lmao I've encountered "if you're so smart why haven't you fixed it" in the wild.

loving party of Karens, every last motherfucking one and they deserve ritual, endless humiliation.

Seriously people in cities who are horribly crushed by the day to day nickle and diming of 21st century capitalism, they vote Dem. People in actual rural areas get nickle and dimed just the same but they vote Republican based on cultural issues. The real political bloc is the suburban assholes. The people who watch MSNBC or Fox. The people who are racist in a way that's both subtle and savage. They actually control our country

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Centrist Committee posted:

it would be pretty funny if hillary straight up won in 2024 and was then capital-C coup’d by a trump

Finally she'd be Locked Up

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1508914305659457537?t=qY0WzGuGd9I0OijFqlH-Dw&s=19

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Chen Weihua for press secretary IMO

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Vim Fuego posted:

of what?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vim Fuego posted:

china would be a-ok with that and we'd never hear the word "taiwan" again

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Nothus posted:

They'll rig the election against Trump but if they don't lmao

They rigged the last one against him. Not in the way Trump or his supporters claim, but social media blacking out any and all negative news about Biden in the last weeks isn't nothing. Oh well at least Ukraine isn't in the news now or anything.

I don't think it was enough for Trump to have won but it was a finger on the scale by any measure. Given the work the republicans have put into rigging elections sorry, gerrymandering and voter disenfranchisement, I can see where the chuds think the whole thing was fixed when it obviously wasn't but anyone not blinded by lib ideology should see that there's only voter enthusiasm on one side.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it's idiotic to have such a reductive view of politics that you're already crowing about a supposed democratic defeat in 2022. if democrats run on the policy that they've implemented to help working americans and the ways that biden has deviated from trump's funding of ICE, his handling of police departments and his deft touch with international affairs they are sure to win.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
according to biden, one guy has three daughters with houses, and that's good enough for me

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Alpha 1 posted:

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Cloks posted:

... and the ways that biden has deviated from trump's funding of ICE...

hell yeah! we got some deviation from the mean [in the positive direction]

mainline that succ right into my veins