Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

it's idiotic to have such a reductive view of politics that you're already crowing about a supposed democratic defeat in 2022. if democrats run on the policy that they've implemented to help working americans and the ways that biden has deviated from trump's funding of ICE, his handling of police departments and his deft touch with international affairs they are sure to win.

Democrats support all those things Trump did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Democrats support all those things Trump did.

who do you think this cynicism ends up helping? we have to trust that democrats will keep doing the right things.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

who do you think this cynicism ends up helping? we have to trust that democrats will keep doing the right things.

It’s not cynicism. I believe in the death of the demon rats along with a rising Marxist Leninist state overtaking USA as well as Russia having to remembrance its Soviet Roots will allow for Marxist Leninism to come to the fore in this country. This is optimism.

E: as I mentioned in Glenn thread anyone have that tiktok video of the black haired womenchild saying you have to vote Biden “because there’s a fascist in the whitehouse “.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'd ask you to syq but I get that you're just imitating the avg d&d ce poster so a+ good job

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

E: as I mentioned in Glenn thread anyone have that tiktok video of the black haired womenchild saying you have to vote Biden “because there’s a fascist in the whitehouse “.

she's smart, the video works for two election cycles

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Yes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ex post facho posted:

I'd ask you to syq but I get that you're just imitating the avg d&d ce poster so a+ good job

i don't read d&d (don't hate myself in that way), i'm just vibing

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oh OK. in that case I'll reiterate the dems are going to get destroyed and it's largely because they have completely failed to deliver any of the legislative agenda they promised (excepting a single infrastructure bill), while simultaneously not addressing ongoing republican attacks on things like abortion rights, voting rights, and anti LGBTQ lege. it does not matter how much more money Biden throws at the police and military in his budget, the base will have evaporated across demographic lines.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

she's smart, the video works for two election cycles

Link the video then.

Also I will feast on the bones of the demon rats.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

It’s not cynicism. I believe in the death of the demon rats along with a rising Marxist Leninist state overtaking USA as well as Russia having to remembrance its Soviet Roots will allow for Marxist Leninism to come to the fore in this country. This is optimism.

*monkey paw curls*

(sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/H6hQaPA.mp4

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crowsbeak posted:

Link the video then.

Also I will feast on the bones of the demon rats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REFsYsMa31g

ex post facho posted:

oh OK. in that case I'll reiterate the dems are going to get destroyed and it's largely because they have completely failed to deliver any of the legislative agenda they promised (excepting a single infrastructure bill), while simultaneously not addressing ongoing republican attacks on things like abortion rights, voting rights, and anti LGBTQ lege. it does not matter how much more money Biden throws at the police and military in his budget, the base will have evaporated across demographic lines.

they're doing fine if you ignore this stuff

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/1509191685636599812

Maybe want to look in to stopping this stuff. Oh word it will be fine? Cool then.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Maybe want to look in to stopping this stuff. Oh word it will be fine? Cool then.

sounds like you’ve forgotten the most valuable thing you can do:

https://mobile.twitter.com/barackobama/status/1261004586359422979

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

vote

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

https://twitter.com/WomensHoopsBlog/status/1509195577350889484?t=C9tQlL8HerxgYuH4T6zh8g&s=19

this is gonna be the 2020s version of *You're

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/mucha_carlos/st...ingawful.com%2F

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
politics began making so much more sense to me once I accepted that the dems are always trying to lose by exactly enough to continue fundraising at maximum capacity and every victory they've scored has been an accident that they desperately seek to undo as soon as they can.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

who could have seen this coming?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
This might be a hot take, but I think Dems actually do try and win, it's just that they're incapable of realizing that the only ways to do so are outside of the boxes that they have confined themselves in. Like just that they fundamentally can't conceive of any actions they might take outside of the overton window as it exists.

It's the same at the end of the day, but I think my version is much funnier.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

bedpan posted:

I think the 2022 mid term is going to be the make or break point for Biden. If it comes out a rout, then Biden is going to have a really hard time fending off the DNC pressure to not run again in 2024. And if that happens, if the nomination really is up for grabs, it will be even harder to fight off a push by Hillary to make it Her Turn.

The party brass will want Biden to run even if they lose every house seat. First because losing congress is a good thing for Biden's prospects because the only thing that will make the dems look better by comparison is a republican majority that will immediately devolve into civil war before they even take office. They'll probably impeach Biden next year which will make his numbers go up. Also because the only alternative is Kamala and I don't think anybody has any illusions there

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

just lol

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

christmas boots posted:

This might be a hot take, but I think Dems actually do try and win, it's just that they're incapable of realizing that the only ways to do so are outside of the boxes that they have confined themselves in. Like just that they fundamentally can't conceive of any actions they might take outside of the overton window as it exists.

I basically agree with this. I think they’re caught inside of what their own geriatric ruling elite thinks what works, and if anyone goes outside of that then they’re ostracized politically and effectively. That elite doesn’t know what the gently caress, and continually does what they do because “it’s the children who are wrong.”

Of course, I also think that what they think works is caught up inside some very abusive, racist, lovely notions encouraged by the sedimentation of decades of abusive, racist, lovely power wielding.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Doing whatever it takes! As long as it isn't governing, that is.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
dem leadership and succ dem voters have made it clear that they don’t actually give a poo poo about a candidate’s policies as long as they have a (D) next to their name.

just bribe like 5-10 republican senators (like Ben Sasse types) to change their official affiliation to Democrat and change nothing else, including which party they actually vote with.

bing bong democrats hold the senate and achieve just as much as they do today

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they don't want to hold the senate

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Cloks posted:

Huh. Interesting. Hmmm.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bag em and tag em posted:

Huh. Interesting. Hmmm.

yeah I'm still working on my trolling

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

seems kind of privileged to bring this up while people are dying in Ukraine
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1504508109129138179?s=20&t=53bPu38DKH5-BSThEk7dHw

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

good stuff man, I see you and I hear you :discourse:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cloks posted:

yeah I'm still working on my trolling

here let me show you. *clears throat* dems good :smug:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

christmas boots posted:

each individual democrat wants to win, but there is no collective action or discipline as a party project. it's kind of incorrect to even call them a political party

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

saw a tweet a while ago laying out the theory that the dems don't WANT to lose, they're just the washington generals of politics, their purpose is to perform all the outward appearances of a political party that's trying to win, with sufficient verisimilitude as to not challenge anyone's suspension of disbelief and to provide a good show for the audience, but always while operating within a constrained rule set that guarantees they usually lose and only win essentially by accident

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

here let me show you. *clears throat* dems good :smug:

Why I oughta!!!!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cloks posted:

Ok when are they going to start?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1509257342763810824?s=20&t=q9YwXROyviGDpjyO2QHW0Q

this guy has a good chance of being mayor then
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1507334416904843264?s=20&t=q9YwXROyviGDpjyO2QHW0Q

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok when are they going to start?

after the next election cycle, repeat every election cycle til we're all loving dead

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

hailthefish posted:

saw a tweet a while ago laying out the theory that the dems don't WANT to lose, they're just the washington generals of politics, their purpose is to perform all the outward appearances of a political party that's trying to win, with sufficient verisimilitude as to not challenge anyone's suspension of disbelief and to provide a good show for the audience, but always while operating within a constrained rule set that guarantees they usually lose and only win essentially by accident

this is essentially correct as evidenced by all Democrat-majority congresses in the last 30 years

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hailthefish posted:

I am firm in my belief that if the Dems were genuinely trying to lose they would not be so good at it. I think they're definitely operating in a framework that ensures they don't win, but I don't think it's necessarily one that they've consciously agreed to work in.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

oh yeah there's no way anyone in the party consciously understands that, I mean maybe they understand that they're there to please the donors not to rock the boat, but for the most part I think they're just genuinely a bunch of small c conservatives who are so high on their own supply wrt the neoliberal consensus and triangulation logic that they don't have any other way to comprehend the universe. add the big dollar donors they need to placate for the money to run campaigns and lobbying jobs to retire to and presto, the dems are, were, and forever will be poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Individual democrats want to win but they definitely do not want the Democratic Party to be in power. Pelosi will never give up her spot but she wants to be leader of the opposition party, not speaker of the house

this creates hilarious scenarios like hillary Clinton basing her entire life around being president and also refusing to move even one step to the left where people might actually want to vote for her party