Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Venuz Patrol posted:

ascending the spire felt intolerably slow to me on my first attempt at it. I think the intention is to attempt demonic infusion over the course of a few ascensions, using the perk that carries blood stones between runs in order to accumulate enough for a complete waygate. I stopped at floor 13 on my first run, currently doing more ascensions to try to make the trip to the spire a bit quicker before i try that again

Yeah, once I saw that the waygate took blood stones, my plan kinda changed. It'll be like floor 25 before it's worth it, so I'm probably going to back out if I stop making progress on the spire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Agent355 posted:

That happened to me too though I was dumping at a higher rate than yous o didn't lose quite so much time.

But I definitely felt like I was close and then checked again later and had almost nothing, turns out the idle script would just auto-hit the wrong button because I hadn't told it I wanted to blackhole reset.

rip. Yeah the other option eats all your exotic mass for a big bump to normal mass and power and it'll happily do it unless specified otherwise.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah, once I saw that the waygate took blood stones, my plan kinda changed. It'll be like floor 25 before it's worth it, so I'm probably going to back out if I stop making progress on the spire.

Honestly your first run should be low floor reset simply because Blood Sacrifice doubles your Blood Stone gain but requires an artifact from hell reset. 10 floors will get you Unbound at least which a nice qol. So floor 20 to leave which should be fast enough before the big slowdowns.

Pushing deep hell doesn't really feel good until you have Infernal Mechs and a good 10 levels in Wrath for big power boosts.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 30, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I've hit the current end in Incremental Mass Rewritten. Pretty good, and no big complaints except for the constant need to click on challenges constantly. Not a bad game for making numbers get bigger, but not overly complicated to the point of needing an index just to try to figure out what affects what (which affects...).

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
in order to get through truepath in a reasonable amount of time, do i need blood infusions, or are just a handful of ascensions & 60% mastery enough?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

crime weed posted:

in order to get through truepath in a reasonable amount of time, do i need blood infusions, or are just a handful of ascensions & 60% mastery enough?

You could probably do MAD and Bioseed truepath but Apoc would likely not even be possible for storage reasons.

For comparison it took over a week at 200%+ mastery, 3k phage + many more plasmids, and 50+ harmony crystals for ccr and all the crispr + many blood infusions to do t3.

It's the most endgame content right now.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Jhet posted:

I've hit the current end in Incremental Mass Rewritten. Pretty good, and no big complaints except for the constant need to click on challenges constantly. Not a bad game for making numbers get bigger, but not overly complicated to the point of needing an index just to try to figure out what affects what (which affects...).

At the current game end, you no longer need to click on challenges. But for the vast majority of the game, agreed.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Peachfart posted:

At the current game end, you no longer need to click on challenges. But for the vast majority of the game, agreed.

Yeah, you just have Fermions to level manually, which is okay because you don't have to do it constantly or much longer than challenges. But for the majority of the current gameplay you're double clicking on challenges constantly. I liked the play a lot once Quantum was the rebirth mechanic, so I hope it keeps getting refined. Still plenty of fun.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Rynoto posted:

You could probably do MAD and Bioseed truepath but Apoc would likely not even be possible for storage reasons.

For comparison it took over a week at 200%+ mastery, 3k phage + many more plasmids, and 50+ harmony crystals for ccr and all the crispr + many blood infusions to do t3.

It's the most endgame content right now.
holy heck, whatta slog

is the experience notably different?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

crime weed posted:

holy heck, whatta slog

is the experience notably different?

After bioseed, yeah. The entire ship building system is reminiscent of the mechs crossed with normal andromeda but with even more depth. Some new buildings and tech as well.
What really sets it apart though is all the big hits to mastery, storage, and production while also having large cost increases in general which slows things down a lot. Both looking forward to, and dreading, the t4 reset of TP once it finally arrives.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Evolve: Holy hell my first bioseed in anti-matter is taking forever.

I kinda didn't think ahead and was on a pretty lovely planet (toxic elliptical hellworld) when I blackholed, for some reason I didn't realize I'd be on the same planet. So I did some mads until I was softcapped on anti-plasmids at like 700 and then started a bioseed to get off this planet but hoooleeeshit.

I don't know exactly why it's so slow but boy howdy.

Last night I completed the spacedock and told the game to make some probs and start 100 ship sections. And now like 24 hours later I got 60 ship sections still to go.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Evolve: Going to be doing my first biodeed. What is the next type of planet should I be going for?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

I don't know exactly why it's so slow but boy howdy.

I assume you grabbed the first Bleed so plasmids have some effect. Antimatter in general is the more 'idle' universe with lower production but much more storage. Being able to do 4* and with the bonus reset currency just from the universe means you don't spend overly long there, at least.

Maigius posted:

Evolve: Going to be doing my first biodeed. What is the next type of planet should I be going for?

You won't have too many choices but really there aren't many bad planets outside of Unstable or Flare modified ones. Forest, Oceanic, or Desert would be good for extra race options.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How long do I stay in anti-matter then? Is there some mastery benchmark or anti-plasmid goal I should hit before moving on?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

How long do I stay in anti-matter then? Is there some mastery benchmark or anti-plasmid goal I should hit before moving on?

~3000 is when production bonuses slow down hard and will give you ~25% storage and ~30% prod outside of AM. More is always going to be better though as the storage bonus continues to scale at the same rate.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Agent355 posted:

I was told the only things you really need to hit after getting enough antiplasmids are 4-starring the two Anti-Universe specific achievements, which are "get an antiplasmid" which you've already done, and "destroy the universe" which you'll be doing on your way out.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Rynoto posted:

~3000 is when production bonuses slow down hard and will give you ~25% storage and ~30% prod outside of AM. More is always going to be better though as the storage bonus continues to scale at the same rate.

3000 anti plasmids? So once I get off this hellworld I should pick a nice cozy world and just spam MAD runs until I do a blackhole to leave.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Agent355 posted:

3000 anti plasmids? So once I get off this hellworld I should pick a nice cozy world and just spam MAD runs until I do a blackhole to leave.

Personally would suggest 4* Bioseeds for the achievements and perks while also being generally more efficient for plasmids and also phage which is always important for storage and plasmid softcap.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
has anyone else noticed that there's something very broken going on with high-pop + theology zigs?

the bonus if 4x higher (1.25x -> 2x @ 80 priests); not even sure how its happening yet, i've been looking through the code, and it should be accounting for it.

crime weed fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 31, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is this because it's april fools day

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

is this because it's april fools day

Even the wiki is affected!
Ships cost Genes now, and you can only get them in Hell. Soul Gems seem to be more plentiful though:

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 1, 2022

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I think it's just a cosmetic string change. I'm not very far in my current MAD run, but I've got two buttons that say 'Gather Lumber', one of which actually gives me stone like it normally would.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It's cosmetic. You can turn it off under settings 'Disable Special Events', waiting a moment, then refreshing. Make sure to grab the feat first - they don't do anything but hey, free bling :v:

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Make sure you check your achievement list today.

E: boy oh boy the start of antimatter is slow, even after I've started getting anti-plasmids.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 1, 2022

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I'm working my way through my 25th distinct MAD for the auto-pick perk, after I get it what should I shoot for first, a few 3-star MADs (I have the craftsmen stuff all picked) or a 0-star Bioseed? Not done either yet.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

KazigluBey posted:

I'm working my way through my 25th distinct MAD for the auto-pick perk, after I get it what should I shoot for first, a few 3-star MADs (I have the craftsmen stuff all picked) or a 0-star Bioseed? Not done either yet.
the best bang for your buck is 3* bioseed; pick unique planets with lots of unique traits

grab governor ASAP

ascending should be your next priority after that, as custom races are OP (i recommend 1-2* with 4/5 cost creep CRISPR)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

When should I start picking up the permanent traits with Plasmid in Evolve, and which ones should I focus on?

And at what point should I switch from doing bioseed runs to doing all of the 3* MADs?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Is there any particular species I should pick for that first Bioseed, btw, for ease of access?

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Hard to go wrong with Ent. Completely eliminating two basic jobs and one of the crafted resources is such a massive bonus that it will be either your main race or your ancestor race any time you want an easy run. Since you should be using fanaticism, you should also consider your ancestor species, with Human usually the recommended ancestor species for the ARPA project cost creep bonus. I think Human->Ent or Human->Ent->Anything is the recommended species/religion combination for first time progress runs.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Randalor posted:

When should I start picking up the permanent traits with Plasmid in Evolve, and which ones should I focus on?

And at what point should I switch from doing bioseed runs to doing all of the 3* MADs?
the wiki lists the minor traits available; there are some that a pretty clearly stronger than others.

id recommend getting one point in the strongest ones early, then put a few more in once you're at 300+ phage.

note that bought traits count double

how i rank things:
*content - free morale, though you only need one point in it (add more once rich)
*tactical - huge combat bonus. each point is a 10% increase
*cunning - huge hunting bonus (10%), a couple phage dumps is basically a major racial trait
*promiscuous - necessary for hell, extra points QOL that speed up early game + takes the edge off high pop's slow growth
*ambidex - nice crafting bonus; worth sinking points into once you're phage rich
*metallurgist - free alloys
*fibroblast - solid regen bonus, only really nice for early game, but it reeeeaaaaly speeds up soldier healing early on.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

crime weed posted:

note that bought traits count double

Minor nitpick that all except Mastery minor trait count double from phage.

And I'd say outside of picking up Tac/Content asap just don't bother for a while. If you do 4* bioseed in heavy you'll have plenty of phage then and can fill out the list and dump some cheap upgrades into Tac/Content/Ambi.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Where's the endpoint of Incremental Mass Rewritten right now? I'm on quantum challenges, I can buy everything showing in the neutron tree (up to qf2, quantum foams are boosted by neutron stars), and there's nothing else obvious so I'm just auto-quantuming every few seconds to farm up cosmic strings that are scaling significantly faster than the quantum challenge rewards.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

Where's the endpoint of Incremental Mass Rewritten right now? I'm on quantum challenges, I can buy everything showing in the neutron tree (up to qf2, quantum foams are boosted by neutron stars), and there's nothing else obvious so I'm just auto-quantuming every few seconds to farm up cosmic strings that are scaling significantly faster than the quantum challenge rewards.

Ha, IDK but apparently there's new stuff since I hit the end last week.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
Oofah. I have 390 anti-plasmids, Bleeding Effect, and I've mutated up an anti-plasmid for the achievement but I still feel like saving up 3k anti-plasmids is going to take. A while. I almost wonder if I shouldn't just do Ent chain-runs to get my anti-plasmids going so I can get out of the Antimatterverse ASAP.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Oofah. I have 390 anti-plasmids, Bleeding Effect, and I've mutated up an anti-plasmid for the achievement but I still feel like saving up 3k anti-plasmids is going to take. A while. I almost wonder if I shouldn't just do Ent chain-runs to get my anti-plasmids going so I can get out of the Antimatterverse ASAP.

You should be getting to the point of being able to do 4* bioseeds in a day which will give you hundreds of AP a run. Leaving early isn't going to break anything, either. You just don't have as much AP bonus for 4* heavy runs but that's not going to be a dealbreaker after mastery builds up.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Rynoto posted:

You should be getting to the point of being able to do 4* bioseeds in a day which will give you hundreds of AP a run. Leaving early isn't going to break anything, either. You just don't have as much AP bonus for 4* heavy runs but that's not going to be a dealbreaker after mastery builds up.

Most of the problem with that is that I'm not at home 10-11 hours a day and have to have my PC off during that time. :p That said, would chain 4-star bioseeds with Ents work out well?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Quantum Challenges in Incremental Mass have gone the way of one of my least favorite bits of Synergism. At least the modifiers in the challenge go away when you get Quantum resources. I've managed to get to 7, but I get annoyed with it resetting Fermions and Challenges 9-12.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jhet posted:

Quantum Challenges in Incremental Mass have gone the way of one of my least favorite bits of Synergism. At least the modifiers in the challenge go away when you get Quantum resources. I've managed to get to 7, but I get annoyed with it resetting Fermions and Challenges 9-12.

I had luck with setting qc3 to 10 (maybe take a couple steps up along the way), then adding qc6 to 10, then three points into qc2 one at a time, and have been too lazy to go beyond that but I'm making 300 billion foams every 3 seconds.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

I had luck with setting qc3 to 10 (maybe take a couple steps up along the way), then adding qc6 to 10, then three points into qc2 one at a time, and have been too lazy to go beyond that but I'm making 300 billion foams every 3 seconds.

Yeah, I'll try it out, but this is the sort of "throw darts at game and see what sticks" that's more tedious gameplay than anything else because it takes away the QoL perks you've gained elsewhere.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jhet posted:

Yeah, I'll try it out, but this is the sort of "throw darts at game and see what sticks" that's more tedious gameplay than anything else because it takes away the QoL perks you've gained elsewhere.

Yeah I'm just glancing at the discord every couple days to see what the new strats are, because it's the same thing that got me to quit playing Synergism lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
You can do 0/0/10/0/0/10/0/0 from the start for 20 shards.
Im stuck on the 25th shard despite doing whst the discord says.
From there you apparently go straight to the 30th shard because it is easier than doing 26-29 :iiam: