Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I like that someone always does the work of clipping the good poo poo incredibly fast

gotta do it for the upvotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Grimson posted:

gotta do it for the upvotes

Thanks for the gold kind stranger

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/ts6cth/im_lando_norris_mclaren_formula_1_driver_and_ceo/

Lando doing a AMA rn

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Not even Lando will get me to post on Reddit

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

:wow:

BLESSED!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

If any of you order this I hope you get the part of his suit that his ballsack and taint sweat on.

Mods please probate me for bringing up Max’s balls and taint.

(Also I think this may be an April fools joke? Lmao RB pulling April fools jokes on March 30. Always cheating!!!!)

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 30, 2022

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Vegas dates and course rumors ramping up. 2023-2025, thanksgiving weekend or close to.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what the gently caress is that

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

F1 drivers to meet with Raiders players to discuss what it's like driving around Vegas 175MPH+

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ogopogo posted:

Vegas dates and course rumors ramping up. 2023-2025, thanksgiving weekend or close to.

This is a horrible track

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

street circuits are lame

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ogopogo posted:

Looks like poo poo

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Don't be so harsh on them, they had to scour all of America to find a possible street circuit layout that wasn't a rectangle. This looks pretty non-rectangular with a slight skew in various spots, good job!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Holy poo poo I hope that’s fake good lord

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

net work error posted:

Looks like poo poo

Agreed, curious to see what the official announcement will be. I can’t imagine what it’s gonna be like here when they shut down half the strip for a couple weeks.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Formula 1 insistent on adding races to the calendar but having them all be terrible.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ogopogo posted:

Ugh this is dire. Vegas should not have football hockey f1 or any other sport. It's not a real city.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Shes Not Impressed posted:

F1 drivers to meet with Raiders players to discuss what it's like driving around Vegas 175MPH+

lmao

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

TheBacon posted:

Holy poo poo I hope that’s fake good lord

it takes a jump between two highways without an onramp and uses old railway tracks

and also makes a turn in the middle of a fountain

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

street circuits are lame

I mean this so-called circuit along with the Miami one are terrible, but street circuits aren't necessarily lame.

They should run the Long Beach GP Circuit instead. They ran F1 there in the past, to ostensible heritage, and it looks far, far better than Las Vegas or Miami.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ogopogo posted:

Wow they're really trying to capture the spirit of the old Las Vegas GPs, thank god they're trying to preserve the history of the sport

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I think the spectacle of watching fast cars zoom down the strip will be kind of neat. If it's not great oh well, there's another 22 races on the calendar.

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

ogopogo posted:

This is like a five or six mile lap. Surely can't be real? Then again...

italian quid posted:

Wow they're really trying to capture the spirit of the old Las Vegas GPs, thank god they're trying to preserve the history of the sport

It never fails to make me laugh how bad this is.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Orchestrated Mess posted:

This is like a five or six mile lap. Surely can't be real? Then again...

It never fails to make me laugh how bad this is.

Looks like Qatar tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sab0921 posted:

Looks like Qatar tbh

well Qatar is also one of the worst track's on earth, so that tracks

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

net work error posted:

Not even Lando will get me to post on Reddit

Or read it for that matter

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Looks like Qatar tbh

i was going to say bahrain but qatar is better

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ogopogo posted:

It's like if a cretin drew La Sarthe after spending £300 on Real Racing 3 loot crates and krokodil.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Which driver is going to burn to death in their car after getting hit by Latiffi?

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

cheesetriangles posted:

Which driver is going to burn to death in their car after getting hit by Latiffi?

Adam

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

Someone in Vegas will get drunk and try to walk on the track.
It won't be much difference in trying to cross the street regularly here.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

One last question (you can easily answer with „shut the gently caress up tuo“): would it help to move to 1:1 models inside the wind tunnel, where suspension could be simulated closer to the on-track data, or is that not sensible in regard to the years to come (where everyone will find solutions to adapt to certain problems like bouncing)?

With the little on-track testing time teams have, I just wonder how much insight might be gained from both CFD and wind tunnel to prevent such problems.

Full size models would help hugely with correlation, but would also increase costs and put teams at a disadvantage who do not have access to a tunnel capable of fitting one.

The general noises from the FIA have been moving toward banning use of wind tunnels entirely, so I doubt they'd lift or relax any of the current restrictions before then.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rebus posted:

Full size models would help hugely with correlation, but would also increase costs and put teams at a disadvantage who do not have access to a tunnel capable of fitting one.

The general noises from the FIA have been moving toward banning use of wind tunnels entirely, so I doubt they'd lift or relax any of the current restrictions before then.

Thanks!!!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rebus posted:

The general noises from the FIA have been moving toward banning use of wind tunnels entirely

woah

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/premystic/status/1509140017729269764

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

ogopogo posted:

I’m 99% sure this isn’t the planned circuit but in any case I am already greatly enjoying the European pissbabies moaning about a 4am start time as if that’s not how millions of fans experience every other race.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Assteban Thiccon

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

MaoistBanker posted:

I’m 99% sure this isn’t the planned circuit but in any case I am already greatly enjoying the European pissbabies moaning about a 4am start time as if that’s not how millions of fans experience every other race.

The more opportunities Americans get to realise they're not the centre of the universe the better imo. More 4am US start times.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

MaoistBanker posted:

It won’t be - it doesn’t make any sense - but whatever shakes out will be interesting and probably just as stupid.

I hope I can hear the cars from my house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Aphex- posted:

The more opportunities Americans get to realise they're not the centre of the universe the better imo. More 4am US start times.

The Las Vegas GP could start at 2AM local and it wouldn’t significantly affect viewership on site lol.

Also, don’t mischaracterize what I said before about the previous image not being correct. The racing is definitely going to suck. The main straight will probably be longer than Baku’s and nothing but 90 corners.