Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mike was Just Asking Questions (tm)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Endless Trash posted:

there’s gonna be an RLM backlash over this

we need to get our stories straight for when the media asks us how we could watch and support such horrible people

we're horrible people too

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Endless Trash posted:

we need to get our stories straight for when the media asks us how we could watch and support such horrible people

I'm a terrible racist like Rich Evans.

PostNouveau posted:

Well, that explains a lot

Eh, just aphase.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0330/1289409-willis-to-retire-from-acting-due-to-medical-condition/

Bruce Willis confirmed for mush-brain

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Endless Trash posted:

Whatever. Rich Evans also can't understand or speak words

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Endless Trash posted:

It does seem like they chose the worst possible moment to finally cover that topic, haha.

Though the follow-up video was as good a "preliminary apology" as they could've done I think.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
I mean, it was still a scam being run on audiences even if one person involved had a reason for it (that reason being wanting more money while already being extraordinarily wealthy).

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I watched Something New (2006)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGO2IGjYJs

Kenya McQueen is a stuck-up business woman with a family that is very prejudiced against white men, so when she starts dating one, shenanigans ensue!

Just kidding, not much happens this movie, doesn't have much budget I think, "he renovates her garden" is the big romantic reveal. She's kind of a jerk tbh, and the guy's personality isn't very developed, his main character trait is being white. There's some conflict about this interracial relationship but it's a romcom so you know how it ends. I mean they hit all the romcom standards, but they're not trying too hard.

Honestly there's very little "rom" and the only "com" is Donald Faison, who appears for like 5 minutes spread over the whole movie.

2 Comfys out of 5 and a thank you note for teaching me the term "Black tax" which is when a black person has to work twice as hard to be treated the same in a racist environment

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I watched Something New (2006)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGO2IGjYJs

Kenya McQueen is a stuck-up business woman with a family that is very prejudiced against white men, so when she starts dating one, shenanigans ensue!

Just kidding, not much happens this movie, doesn't have much budget I think, "he renovates her garden" is the big romantic reveal. She's kind of a jerk tbh, and the guy's personality isn't very developed, his main character trait is being white. There's some conflict about this interracial relationship but it's a romcom so you know how it ends. I mean they hit all the romcom standards, but they're not trying too hard.

Honestly there's very little "rom" and the only "com" is Donald Faison, who appears for like 5 minutes spread over the whole movie.

2 Comfys out of 5 and a thank you note for teaching me the term "Black tax" which is when a black person has to work twice as hard to be treated the same in a racist environment

How did you wind up watching this one?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

It does seem like they chose the worst possible moment to finally cover that topic, haha.

Though the follow-up video was as good a "preliminary apology" as they could've done I think.

Just pray to god Bruce Willis never makes an exercise video for the elderly

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Good to see Mike was able to reach his brother in dementia and convince him to retire.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

AARD VARKMAN posted:

How did you wind up watching this one?

I've had it on my queue for like 15 years due to Donald Faison, I guess I just got around to it :shrug:

Was in the mood for a comedy and randomly chose it

edit: I watched blade runner 2049 right before this one so maybe my standards were a bit high at the time

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't understand the point of buying everything ever made and then just not putting 80% of it on the streaming service you're trying to make indisposable

when wwe launched their streaming platform they were like "gently caress it, what do we got? wcw, ecw, nwa, give 'em everything. the whole tape library, and everything we make from now on. we are now the source for any wrestling match ever filmed. everything! gently caress it! gently caress it!!!!"

meanwhile,
I'm trying to watch donald duck in mathemagic land,
I've got to find it on dailymotion

D+? more like F!!!!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Cubone posted:

D+? more like F!!!!!

Disney gave themselves the rating their service deserves :thunk:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I don't see why Bruce making a bunch of terrible movies to 'support his family before he can't act anymore' excuses shoveling out absolute garbage, I highly doubt his children would have been unable to keep a roof over their heads regardless. I'm not going to feel empathy for his awful run of movies because the poor guy wanted another 20 million or whatever. That is I'm not going to mock him for losing his mind but I'm not going to feel bad for making fun of him choosing to act terribly in terrible movies while he still had his mind just because his children can't imagine not being even richer then they already are.

edit: to be clear I'm not saying Bruce is a horrible person for doing this necessarily or that if I were in a similar position I wouldn't be greedy as well, just that I think it's still OK to joke about because he chose to do it this way

Mozi fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 30, 2022

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Disney gave themselves the rating their service deserves :thunk:

It's bundled with Hulu in :canada: so it beats Netflix at least here

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mozi posted:

I don't see why Bruce making a bunch of terrible movies to 'support his family before he can't act anymore' excuses shoveling out absolute garbage, I highly doubt his children would have been unable to keep a roof over their heads regardless. I'm not going to feel empathy for his awful run of movies because the poor guy wanted another 20 million or whatever. That is I'm not going to mock him for losing his mind but I'm not going to feel bad for making fun of him choosing to act terribly in terrible movies while he still had his mind just because his children can't imagine not being even richer then they already are.

I blame the kids unless they were unaware of his condition

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I can't believe RLM ended Bruce Willis' acting career

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
RLM confirmed for monsters/Hitler

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Someone put Rumor Willis and Mike Stoklasa’s faces on the slap picture, quick

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

dang, that's what got terry jones too, right?

yeah, sad to see. :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sharknado slashfic posted:

I can't believe RLM ended Bruce Willis' acting career

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mozi posted:

edit: to be clear I'm not saying Bruce is a horrible person for doing this necessarily or that if I were in a similar position I wouldn't be greedy as well, just that I think it's still OK to joke about because he chose to do it this way

He was already stupidly rich before he started doing it so yeah it's silly.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

In some ways I'm sure it was a cash grab, in other ways, I have to think that Bruce really did love being in movies and he wanted to be treated like a movie star as many times as he could before his condition deteriorated past the point where he totally couldn't.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
So are we having a new thread title?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Somehow, Mike Diagnoses Dementia

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'll never forgive Mike for blowing up Bruce's scam

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
they're going to get canceled

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/1509232471442919428

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Endless Trash posted:

Having to explain rich evans unhinged race babble to Cindy wu, the channel 3 reporter. shes not having ANY of it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

They chose the wrong time to invite Will Smith on BOTW

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Even with the little amount of work Bruce had to do on set for each film, surely, instead of 22 awful movies, he could have done one last good movie, even with the ear piece. Provided he wasn't abused into doing those by his agent/family.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
did he have an earpiece when he did those small bits in the expendables

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sounds a phase he's going through

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

General Dog posted:

Somehow, Mike Diagnoses Dementia

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i wonder why he did that broadway play then, maybe a bucket list thing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Going for that EGOT

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Cubone posted:

I don't understand the point of buying everything ever made and then just not putting 80% of it on the streaming service you're trying to make indisposable

when wwe launched their streaming platform they were like "gently caress it, what do we got? wcw, ecw, nwa, give 'em everything. the whole tape library, and everything we make from now on. we are now the source for any wrestling match ever filmed. everything! gently caress it! gently caress it!!!!"

meanwhile,
I'm trying to watch donald duck in mathemagic land,
I've got to find it on dailymotion

D+? more like F!!!!!

Because they don't care about old stuff, and they want the audience to not care about old stuff too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Calling RLM's manager to get Mike Stoklasa fired

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Even with the little amount of work Bruce had to do on set for each film, surely, instead of 22 awful movies, he could have done one last good movie, even with the ear piece. Provided he wasn't abused into doing those by his agent/family.

"Just get cast for a really good movie" is a taller order than "say yes to literally everyone who approaches you with a paid job", though.

He'd be dead before somebody came at him with a project of Die Hard's calibre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Sounds a phase he's going through

thief

DiHK posted:

Eh, just aphase.