Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

https://www.wate.com/news/local-news/brush-fire-in-wears-valley-people-asked-to-evacuate/

Just a little wildfire in TN, as a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
My family in Gatlinburg is on high fire alert. 90 mph winds are expected later today. I'm in Nashville, so my weather usually gets to them 6 hours later and the wind just started here. Could be a fun night

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

lol that the storage facility survived

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/therealskicast/status/1508999413502517251

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please take this down, lightning only does this when it's hurt or scared

Jabronie posted:

lol that the storage facility survived

They had the sense to tarp it over beforehand

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

when the pills kick in just as the beat drops

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Holy poo poo that's rad.

Also it's 71 and there's still snow that fell yesterday on the ground. But I live in the Great Lakes, so this is a thing that happens.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Update: fire is 1,000 acres and 0% contained as the windstorm rolls in. Rain should arrive in 4 hours

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

stealie72 posted:

Holy poo poo that's rad.

Also it's 71 and there's still snow that fell yesterday on the ground. But I live in the Great Lakes, so this is a thing that happens.

It was either snowing or flurrying up until yesterday here where we hit 80, and we have a chance for snow again on Saturday, totally normal weather for Cincinnati

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Update: fire is 1,000 acres and 0% contained as the windstorm rolls in. Rain should arrive in 4 hours

The rain didn't do anything -- wasn't even that much after it came off the plateau. Winds were absolutely insane.
It's also 3,400 acres now.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

:yeshaha:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This will be the third Tuesday in a row that south Louisiana gets extreme weather. Two Tuesdays ago, a tornado tore the gently caress out of Arabi, and this week we had one hit basically in the woods outside of town.

https://twitter.com/pcavlin/status/1509974430142935041

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we wont need fossil fuels if dixie is just a permanent lightning and wind phenomenon

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My dixie lectric

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Milo and POTUS posted:

My dixie lectric

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

ohmy goodness

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1509854369621200908

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

My dixie lectric

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/helenmontes07/status/1511122978565668867
https://twitter.com/PaulFox13/status/1511138497322799114
Bigass hail in Florida.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Thanks for reminding me to research hail blankets for the rare instances I don't get enough warning (10-15 minutes) to jump in my car and get to the nearest parking garage.

The DC area hasn't had a big hail storm in a while but we're *due*. The last one almost totaled my car at the time save for a few hundred dollars and some creative line item work by the insurance claims adjuster.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

we're gonna need a stronger tarp

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Stereotype posted:

Weatherdammerung 2022: we're gonna need a stronger tarp

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
This is another reason why we must invest in public transit, aint no one gonna have cars.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Good thing cars are really available and easy to replace these days!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Those are large hailstones the size of small hailstones.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Stereotype posted:

we're gonna need a stronger tarp

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Thanks for reminding me to research hail blankets

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
just as all creatures evolve over time to become crabs, all solutions evolve over time to become tarps

tarpinisation

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/myahcowart/status/1511477729266479104

some people have no sense of self-preservation even when the debris starts flying towards the end of the video

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
wow uh that escalated quickly :stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Luneshot posted:

https://twitter.com/myahcowart/status/1511477729266479104

some people have no sense of self-preservation even when the debris starts flying towards the end of the video

He doesn't even sound all that scared. "There goes the roof".

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

He doesn't even sound all that scared. "There goes the roof".

It's very cspam honestly. That's the voice of a man who knows he's doomed and is just sort of curious about how it all plays out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TehSaurus posted:

It's very cspam honestly. That's the voice of a man who knows he's doomed and is just sort of curious about how it all plays out.

posting about how hosed we are is not even on the level of staring indifferent death directly in the face unflinching. it's like the difference between plunging into Giant's Deep the first time and being scared witless vs on your twentieth loop and just casually weaving through the tornados because you're used to them now and they aren't scary

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

dude owns

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lmao that dude just wants to capture some good content for the people. zero fucks. I’m inspired

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TehSaurus posted:

Well how else is he going to explain this to the insurance company?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nenonen posted:

Well how else is he going to explain this to the insurance company?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In turn they'll sell the vid to his life insurance company. Circle of life

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

There can be only one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Twister had it all wrong. Just equip everyone with cameras and sensors so small they fit in your pocket and then some subset of people would willingly record all the data inside a tornado you'd want.