Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The N64 had my childhood on it so I can safely say it's the best console ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GoldenEye is the name of the satellite. The british agent is GoldenEye's Monster

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

The N64 had my childhood on it so I canbsafely say it's the best console ever made

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dpulex posted:

Timesplitters 2 is better than goldeneye

You can't argue with this.

I love and miss 3 as well.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

The N64 had my childhood on it so I can safely say it's the best console ever made

The gamecube was a cube and came in spice orange and not that bad translucent orange

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the orange gamecube was only released in japan and that was a big mistake on nintendos part

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Gamecube launched in purple the ideal color for a console

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my gamecube is black the superior color to purple

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

"The Japanese developer has other major titles slated for 2022"

Video game journalism quality continues to be what it is, I see.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I think you mean indigo.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

purple is better than black

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Alan_Shore posted:

Someone said the Saturn had worse 3D than the PS but that's not true, it was just much harder to develop for and got worse results. The water FX in Sonic R could not be done on the PS for example.

This is actually true.

On paper the Sega Saturn was more powerful than the Playstation but it was just too difficult to develop for.

It hasn't been until literally the last few years in homebrew development where we are getting games that actually display the Saturn's true power.

Hellslave makes Goldeneye look like poo poo in comparison with plenty of draw distance and action in a stable frame-rate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy8egJa7iU4

The best the Nintendo 64 homebrew community has done was someone made a tech demo of what a Metroid-like could have been like (video is more boring than it sounds):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCXDBg3SBdE

Also, while the Nintendo 64's graphics get shat on today, it's because people tend to play PlayStation games emulated. The "vaseline" textures look much better on a CRT and the PlayStation's graphics just didn't look at "tactile" as the Nintendo 64's graphics on average. The creme de le crop N64 games graphically looked better than almost anything it's competitors had. Frame-rate wise that's a different story as outside of F-Zero X 60fps was practically unheard of (even 30fps was rare).

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hosed up post imo

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Got the black Gamecube 20 years ago & I still regret not getting the purple one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hellslave makes Goldeneye look like poo poo in comparison with plenty of draw distance and action in a stable frame-rate:

only took 20+ years!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finally, Sega has won

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Lol if you didn't have the Panasonic Q, the superior Gamecube.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

only took 20+ years!!!

I do not mean to paint a picture that Sega made the correct choice with the Saturn hardware.

I agree what matters is the quality developers can churn out of a system at a given time.

The Saturn could produce high-end 3D graphics with a great framerate, Virtua Fighter 2 proved this. But unless you had a developer at the same caliber of Rare or Shin’en, the potential is going to be untapped.

It's obviously a spectrum. On average the Xbox 360 versions of games were superior to the PS3 versions, but when it comes to exclusive showpieces the PS3 far outpunched the 360. Their tends to be a trade-off between using simple and common hardware as oppose to complex and custom hardware, the Saturn was the latter to an extreme degree.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Electronics colors are boring these days. They're either all black or white, or black and white. We need to go back to the y2K era opaque candy colored plastic designs. Everything went to poo poo when they stopped doing those.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
We should go back to the 1970s and have bad wood veneer on everything

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

My dream is still to get that car Saturn with the sat nav then play Saturn games in my car

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

you heathens never witnessed the superior orange gamecube.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

dr.acula posted:

Lol if you didn't have the Panasonic Q, the superior Gamecube.

why would i want to play dvds on my gamecube thats stupid

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's not black, it's really really dark purple.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

We should go back to the 1970s and have bad wood veneer on everything

:hmmyes:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Electronics colors are boring these days. They're either all black or white, or black and white. We need to go back to the y2K era opaque candy colored plastic designs. Everything went to poo poo when they stopped doing those.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I may buy one of those fancy purple aluminum joycon shells I’ve seen around but with my luck my sticks will start drifting a week after I do the transplant

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Detective No. 27 posted:

I did a shell swap on my switch backplate and controllers to atomic purple. I want to do the front of the switch too but that requires a heat gun to remove the screen. I might attempt it if I replace my current og switch with an oled one. What I'm saying is atomic purple is cool and I agree with you. N64 was really the last hurrah for that stuff between the system itself and carts. Remember the Turok 2 cart that was black? Or the yellow DK64 ones?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

That's only happened twice, and both times the new zelda was supposed to debut on a system that was selling like poo poo and they wanted to use it to prop up a more promising one's launch

The switch will have seven more mainline zeldas, and every one will be an exclusive

Lol, imagine the world where BOTW released in 2016 on the dead Wii U

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

hatty posted:

I may buy one of those fancy purple aluminum joycon shells I’ve seen around but with my luck my sticks will start drifting a week after I do the transplant

If you're gonna go through the steps to swap the shell you might as well replace the sticks anyway

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Seriously why can't electronics be colorful, I wanna buy a non-samsung phone and my choices are black or white or whatever dogshit body fluid-like color Google offers for their newest pixel phone

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apple stays winning

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
my phone is a nice purple

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Please....halp?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

mdemone posted:

Please....halp?

There's an X 8 across and 2 down, at the intersection of 5 and 1 2 2.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the gamecube was a console on which you could play video games, but it was absolutely not a cube

nintendo only getting it half right as usual smdh

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That said, I am digging Apple's Space Gray.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

8-2 must be an x, because going down the column if 8-3 was the one it would have to be clear on both sides, and if it was the two then you need to leave room for the one to go in 8-1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it doesn't help but i'm pretty sure 4-9 is an X as well because that set of dots is either a 1 shape and 3 shape, or a 3 shape, and can't possibly have something to the left of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Aw snaps, new free DLC for Dead Cells is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1_wvRXZkI