Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
PFF scores are bullshit because they haven't given Gronk a score of 69 every single year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

ShakeZula posted:

I don't 100% understand that chart but I feel like any way I read it it's disrespecting Quenton Nelson

Yeah, just looking at the Lions for instance it has Frank Ragnow rated below Taylor Decker and Penei Sewell below Halapoulivaati Vaitai, which is the literal opposite of reality.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, just looking at the Lions for instance it has Frank Ragnow rated below Taylor Decker and Penei Sewell below Halapoulivaati Vaitai, which is the literal opposite of reality.
Yeah the chart seems kinda iffy. Like for the Jaguars RT... I wonder if they are giving the turnstyle they pulled out of the stadium as a 67? Because thats not Jawaan Taylor.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have so many question marks that that chart is basically useless, but I'd take 12th and run at this point

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah the chart seems kinda iffy. Like for the Jaguars RT... I wonder if they are giving the turnstyle they pulled out of the stadium as a 67? Because thats not Jawaan Taylor.

60.4 grade on PFF!

Any number you see that's ridiculous is because of PFF grades is a fair bet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nelson didn't have a great season last year, but he was also playing injured and then got covid. Probably dumb to expect that he won't bounce back though.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The ratings are like PFF: bad and dumb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The ratings are like PFF: bad and dumb

they rated Storm Norton as the worst RT in the NFL which is 100% accurate

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens have so many question marks that that chart is basically useless, but I'd take 12th and run at this point

That list assumes a fully Back Stanley which is questionable.

The rest seems more or less fair. Hoping Moses can overachieve a little.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

they rated Storm Norton as the worst RT in the NFL which is 100% accurate

These are my favorite PFF grades to agree with.

They're like 'yup that guy sucks' and I just nod and say yeah...that guy isn't good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/drewisgooden/status/1509247218796175360

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

They lost two of the best players at their positions in Armstead and Williams and they're a worse team this year because the cap is real.

They're also locked into paying Taysom Hill $10m as a TE next year. Michael Thomas has a $28m cap hit in 2023 with zero chance he can be cut. The outlook is not good unless they luck into an overperforming QB prospect at pick 18.

The outlook was never going to be good because they don’t have a QB that’s worth a poo poo, the rest of the roster hardly matters.

Also, Armstead always being injured surely played into them not throwing money at him. He missed half this season to injury, had missed part of every season to injury, and is coming off of surgery.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
PFF is a subjective grading list where people will watch a play and give them a -2/+2 with .5's in between based on how good they think the player performed on a play. They have their own lists as what qualifies as a good play for each position. They also admit that they only have like 50 people working on this at any given time and that if they don't have any clue on what the play call is they just give a player a 0 for the play.

It's, without a doubt, the dumbest evaluation tool in football. And I have to deal with blarghz's bullshit in the NFC East thread.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

That list assumes a fully Back Stanley which is questionable.

The rest seems more or less fair. Hoping Moses can overachieve a little.

Admittedly I wouldn't have used the phrase "so many question marks" if I had remembered they signed Moses, but there's still uncertainty about LG and C unless something happened I'm not aware of.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doltos posted:

PFF is a subjective grading list where people will watch a play and give them a -2/+2 with .5's in between based on how good they think the player performed on a play. They have their own lists as what qualifies as a good play for each position. They also admit that they only have like 50 people working on this at any given time and that if they don't have any clue on what the play call is they just give a player a 0 for the play.

It's, without a doubt, the dumbest evaluation tool in football. And I have to deal with blarghz's bullshit in the NFC East thread.

They also just clearly make it up some of the time. Ex/ they produce stats before enough time has passed for people to have plausibly reviewed, or they produce stats before all 22 film, or whenever the heck they want.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Doltos posted:

Admit it. You wish you'd thought of it first.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Admit it. You wish you'd thought of it first.

Don't we all? It's a great scam they've got going

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Keep saying we should make our own but everyone is too lazy to be rich

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You could easily throw convoluted formulas into an excel spreadsheet and call them stats.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sweet thursday posted:

Keep saying we should make our own but everyone is too lazy to be rich
:effort: is real

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

You could easily throw convoluted formulas into an excel spreadsheet and call them stats.

Do not doxx me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ritaoak_art/status/1509156898532208645?t=PFoeQKkeCi68QzIM-RnNNg&s=09

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1509323350694404097?s=21&t=8VKiLsF4ryi1tVvjqBQhJg

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huh, kind of surprised it's not Leftwich getting the job

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Tom Brady reretire when?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brady made him retire.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I can't believe Tom Brady hated Bruce Arians so much he forced him to retire as coach.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kidcoelacanth posted:

Huh, kind of surprised it's not Leftwich getting the job

For a win-now team, hiring the guy who was already a HC makes some sense

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As somebody that's not particularly fond of the current incarnation of the Bucs, I'm glad the "leave Cooper Kupp one on one with a Safety" guy is coaching them now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao my hot sports takes a couple months back about the near future of both the Patriots and Bucs ended up coming exactly true.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

boop the snoot posted:

But enough about DVOA.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/1509325624229470209?t=EhfNRvapc3N-7Pq0GWGHUA&s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I can't imagine like, Pete Carroll saying this. His goodbye soundbite would be more like "I hope the best man gets the job, it'll be hard to match our success, but 12th man, better not have long covid, steel beams, catch my new show on newsmax, I stand by not rushing it with Lynch"

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My only concern is that this can now be the move to skate around the Rooney Rule (and that new wrinkle that was recently implemented), but since Bowles got the gig all seems fine… for now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ShakeZula posted:

I can't believe Tom Brady hated Bruce Arians so much he forced him to retire as coach.

Brady didn’t want Arians, he wanted Aryans :hitler:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bucs are more unlikeable now and Arians just jinxed Brady

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

boop the snoot posted:

how about graphs?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nflstroud/status/1509340797287677959?s=21&t=IhkVQgs-tMhXqSLnBiBXgg

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems weird to do that after the annual coaches meeting in that case, but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sure Jan