Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DiHK posted:

There's a very accurate old joke about how southern baptists be:

The Catholics don't recognize the Episcopals; The Jews don't recognize the Muslims; Southern Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

Alternatively: How do you keep a Mormon from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

Bring another Mormon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The teaser image being a steaming turd is maybe too on the nose

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

https://twitter.com/RSforyou722/status/1509247509243506691?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Morbius Vulture Team up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
what's happening august 2021?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

yeah digging a little deeper on that map info it’s based on “self reported” heavy drinking which is why the bible belt is all lily white with halos and little angel wings and their hands clasped in prayer

WHich really just points out how many fucks Wisconsinites gives in regard to image perception. It resontates.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Surely RLM weren't the first people to posit this aging, gradually irascible actor who publicly makes terrible decisions is probably suffering a degenerative disease and being paraded around by people trying to make money off him

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

General Dog posted:

Somehow, Mike Diagnoses Dementia

I'm diagnosing the mods with dementia because this should be the thread title already gently caress!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

Surely RLM weren't the first people to posit this aging, gradually irascible actor who publicly makes terrible decisions is probably suffering a degenerative disease and being paraded around by people trying to make money off him

but enough about trump already

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

They're doing a Dragonheart reboot?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

If you're going to do this tease then lean into it more, have him say something like, "I'm thinking a small crew. No more than... half a dozen"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

finally, the Mortal Kombat: Deception adaptation I've been waiting for?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ralph was making vids about the bruce willis scam in 2019. As a non elderly, he regularly laps the boys with respect to the shlock scene

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Uhh hello? It's the successor to the blackest show on television.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

solo had a tv show?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When the boys finally talk about Love on a Leash and everyone is saying how they can't believe this insane movie flew under the radar, that's when ralph will especially make the ralph face

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Uhh hello? It's the successor to the blackest show on television.
did Empire have dragons?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

"He should have starred in at least one good movie instead of making lots of poo poo ones"

Yes I'm sure major Hollywood studios don't vet the health of their main actors before committing to multi multi million dollar contracts and would 100% employ Bruce Willis so he can have one last big ride while being visibly unwell on set and hardly able to perform properly, plus risk that his condition suddenly deteriorates even more mid filming and that fucks the whole project up.

Yes he could have retired and not made those movies but we have no idea about his financial situation before his diagnosis, just look at Nick Cage and the dross he starred in because he was in massive amounts of debt, also y'know if I was diagnosed with a condition where I knew that my family would in the quite near future have to look after me for the rest of my days I'd also be getting as much money for them where I could get it as soon as possible.

I think if he really cared about doing one last good movie he would just bankroll an actual production himself.

That is, I'm assuming he's in there enough to actively not give a gently caress, instead of the alternative where his kids are wheeling him out to the productions just so they can make some cash until he croaks.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 30, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ralph was making vids about the bruce willis scam in 2019. As a non elderly, he regularly laps the boys with respect to the shlock scene

his liver odometer is so much lower than Mike's, it's an unfair advantage

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Near Dark will be on Shudder in April, fyi, since options to watch it online seem to be limited.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

No Mods No Masters posted:

Looking forward to the 2027 HitB episode on Steven Segal. Mike and Jay will delicately speculate on whether he may be obese.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao i actually forgot the name of the show the other day

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m just glad Bruce Willis can take a break and do something more fit for the stage of life he’s at, like running for President.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
as of three years ago, willis' net worth was a quarter of a billion dollars. can't imagine he's hurting for cash

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

jtr posted:

Near Dark will be on Shudder in April, fyi, since options to watch it online seem to be limited.

Mad God, too, is coming to Shudder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

as of three years ago, willis' net worth was a quarter of a billion dollars. can't imagine he's hurting for cash

he blew it all on NFTs

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Lmao game of thrones has slid so far off my brain I thought that was an ad for the stupid Alien tv show currently being developed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I just rewatched the last boy scout and I remembered just liking it ok, but goddamn do Tony Scott action movies fuckin slap.

It's ridiculous and corny as hell of course but even seeing Bruce Willis give half a gently caress is 49% more than even his recent wave of junk, and Damon Wayans is solid too. There's also a great supporting cast, I love Taylor Negron in everything I think?

There's a few legit laugh out loud moments too, well worth revisiting.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

Lmao game of thrones has slid so far off my brain I thought that was an ad for the stupid Alien tv show currently being developed.
oh it really... it's just Game of Thrones?

doing that again huh

I knew they were trying to replace Game of Thrones
like they made a Watchmen show and a His Dark Materials show that nobody really talks about, clearly trying to fill that gap
but I didn't know they were gonna just do more Game of Thrones. I guess that's a solution

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was about to watch Moonfall but it’s 130 mins gently caress offff

Cubone
May 26, 2011

oh the guy wrote it. that's cool
that's when the show started getting lovely, right, when the guy didn't write it?

I've got to say from the outside though... it kinda seemed like they pulled a smash and grab at the end there and just completely burned out their goodwill and cultural relevance
like when Dexter ended horribly, uh the first time, people were like "well, the trinity killer was cool"
Game of Thrones ended horribly and everybody just stopped talking about it completely, like an amish shunning. I wouldn't be cracking that can back open so soon, but I mean what do I know I'm just a pokemon

it'd be cool if it was uh... Dragonriders of Pern, or The Inheritance Cycle, or Earthsea, or... I dunno,. something that... if it has been done before, it at least hasn't been done in a way that really captured what people like about it? like Dune did, or so I'm told. I hear Percy Jackson is getting a second chance in that same vein. Thrones already had that moment for itself, and it's gone. I donno. I donno if this is gonna work, HBO

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cubone posted:

oh it really... it's just Game of Thrones?

doing that again huh

I knew they were trying to replace Game of Thrones
like they made a Watchmen show and a His Dark Materials show that nobody really talks about, clearly trying to fill that gap
but I didn't know they were gonna just do more Game of Thrones. I guess that's a solution

Yeah see lucky for HBO (but unlucky for suckers like me who bought his books) Martin decided to start writing a bunch of prequels and 'The World of...' books in the last few years so there's plenty more to dwell on. Would not be surprised if they're also working on a Dung and Egg show.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I was about to watch Moonfall but it’s 130 mins gently caress offff

Moon's got a long way to fall bro

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Gripweed posted:

If you're going to do this tease then lean into it more, have him say something like, "I'm thinking a small crew. No more than... half a dozen"

Sony seems really determined to get that Sinister Six movie made.

I'm kind of hoping all of their terrible sounding spinoffs get made this time and they don't crater the franchise as quickly as they did last time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I watched Jason X instead and it was crap 😏👍

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cubone posted:

it'd be cool if it was uh... Dragonriders of Pern,

Oh wow

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Jason X rules. deserved a sequel imo.

"This sucks on so many levels." Classic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Jason X rules. deserved a sequel imo.

"This sucks on so many levels." Classic.

It’s one of the cheapest-looking films that got a cinema release from a real studio that I’ve ever seen.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Jason x is good

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

The world is not ready for the 300 million dollar Friday the 13th film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

did I just step on a cultural landmine?

I haven't actually read any of the things I mentioned ok
e: except Watchmen
e2: Keith if you're reading this give me back my copy of Watchmen