Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

ogopogo posted:

It won’t be - it doesn’t make any sense - but whatever shakes out will be interesting and probably just as stupid.

I hope I can hear the cars from my house.

I meant 4am for Europe. Like a 6pm local start on Saturday night in Las Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

LOL, it's been up for hours and literally nothing has been answered.

EDIT: NM, they're going to be answered on YT tomorrow. I'm sure they'll answer only the dumbest ones that they can find.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

MaoistBanker posted:

I meant 4am for Europe. Like a 6pm local start on Saturday night in Las Vegas.

I meant the track won’t be that pic swirling around Twitter, my bad.

Start time could be at midnight with Tiesto lighting the MGM Lion’s nipples on fire while dropping a beat as the lights go out is on the milder list of poo poo they’re probably dreaming of already.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Any las Vegas race will be run in the dark surely? And have powerups

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Theophany posted:

It's like if a cretin drew La Sarthe after spending £300 on Real Racing 3 loot crates and krokodil.

Lmao

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Any las Vegas race will be run in the dark surely? And have powerups

Yeah, no one is even awake in Vegas before 5pm and that’s when the sun will set in November. Also, Thanksgiving Weekend should be huge.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Aphex- posted:

The more opportunities Americans get to realise they're not the centre of the universe the better imo. More 4am US start times.

Americans: *talk about baseball and football*

Europe (as smug as humanly possible): “have you tried every liking a spot the rest of, I dunno, the WORLD enjoys?”

Americans: *hey this sport with rocket ships on the ground piloted by tiny petty men seems cool*

Europe: gently caress OFF

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That Vegas track looks awful and I can't wait to hear how much people hate the noise it makes on the strip

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MaoistBanker posted:

I’m 99% sure this isn’t the planned circuit but in any case I am already greatly enjoying the European pissbabies moaning about a 4am start time as if that’s not how millions of fans experience every other race.

P sure tv on demand squared the circle that you think is some major own and are clearly very mad about, but OK.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

track sucks but the novelty of watching a race from your room in vegas is kinda neat

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

birds posted:

track sucks but the novelty of watching a race from your room in vegas is kinda neat

The number of bachelor party hangovers + the noise from a full weekend of f1 car noise - givin' me a solid giggle.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MaoistBanker posted:

Europe (as smug as humanly possible): “have you tried every liking a spot the rest of, I dunno, the WORLD enjoys?”

Americans: *hey this sport with rocket ships on the ground piloted by tiny petty men seems cool*

A cool change formula 1 could make is to ban amerikkkans from watching the sport imo

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Feels Villeneuve posted:

A cool change formula 1 could make is to ban amerikkkans from watching the sport imo

You seem upset.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cannon_Fodder posted:

You seem upset.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Aphex- posted:

The more opportunities Americans get to realise they're not the centre of the universe the better imo. More 4am US start times.

Start times for the US are generally great - the vast majority of races are at 8 or 9 am - perfect if you have little kids and want a lazy sunday morning.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I love my early morning f1

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
races at 1 PM EST are too late, bring back 9 AM races, or even earlier

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Sab0921 posted:

Start times for the US are generally great - the vast majority of races are at 8 or 9 am - perfect if you have little kids and want a lazy sunday morning.

this legit rules especially cause I have two small girls who have me up at 5:30-6:30a on a Sunday anyways

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
what kind of absolute freak is up at 9am on a sunday

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

nawilo_420 posted:

F1 fans

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

races at 1 PM EST are too late, bring back 9 AM races, or even earlier

Also bring back the race starting at 10 after so TV coverage starts at the top of the hour

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nawilo_420 posted:

People without clinical depression

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nick Soapdish posted:

Also bring back the race starting at 10 after so TV coverage starts at the top of the hour

This might be the worst loving take I've seen in this thread.

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

At least we don't have any more races like Malaysia, with its 3am start times, where you're still drunk from Saturday night and you wanna stop drinking, but you know you'll sleep through the race if you do

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Sab0921 posted:

Honestly the best days are f1 in the morning with either a coffee in bed or a Bloody Mary in the hot tub, then you’ve got a 2-3 hours to get whatever you need done for the day before launching into a full NFL Sunday slate.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Australia is gonna be at 1 am EST

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

Honestly the best days are f1 in the morning with either a coffee in bed or a Bloody Mary in the hot tub, then you’ve got a 2-3 hours to get whatever you need done for the day before launching into a full NFL Sunday slate.

make a caesar (drink) instead

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Hot Karl Marx posted:

make a caesar (drink) instead

Never heard of it but I just looked it up. I’ll have to give it a try sometime. Hard to pass up a Bloody Mary with Zing Zang mix, makes it really easy if you don’t feel like making something from scratch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MaoistBanker posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
You can tell us to gently caress off (rightfully) but FOM values my eyeballs on this sport a lot. That’s why they ruined it with an overdramatized Netflix series.

So really, the US is to blame for Lewis getting robbed last year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Im just joshin, I live in America and sometimes I even like it here.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Im just joshin, I live in America and sometimes I even like it here.

:rip:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sab0921 posted:

On the east coast they are great you mean. The best coast gets hit with 0500/0600 starts

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i really enjoy early sunday morning f1, gives me a reason to get up and get the hangover out of the way early and actually do something after

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TheBacon posted:

On the east coast they are great you mean. The best coast gets hit with 0500/0600 starts

the further you are from eastern time the further you are from god

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

ArmZ posted:

the further you are from eastern time the further you are from god

laughs in Midwestern

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

boxcarhobo posted:

i really enjoy early sunday morning f1, gives me a reason to get up and get the hangover out of the way early and actually do something after

lol this. we usually make fancy breakfast too. or take a post race nap. :lmao:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

TheBacon posted:

I'm third coast - a happy medium. For Abu Dhabi I watched the race which started at like 7 am and then took my kids to the zoo right when it opened and missed all the lines. F1 rules.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pragmatica posted:

or take a post race nap. :lmao:

Ah so your nap after your nap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sab0921 posted:

I'm third coast - a happy medium. For Abu Dhabi I watched the race which started at like 7 am and then took my kids to the zoo right when it opened and missed all the lines. F1 rules.

Wtf is third coast???

And I do like the morning races, I like getting up and getting the day started, but I just wish they could be more like 0700/0800/0900 starts