Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MrMojok posted:

Vasquez origin story novel coming:

Spoiler: she has two kids that she was forced to leave behind

https://ew.com/books/aliens-vasquez-new-book-to-reveal-alien-backstory/

I personally am more excited for the inevitable Crowe and Wierzbowski novels

Every time there's a scene without Wierzbowski a character should ask where's Bowski?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

MrMojok posted:

and Wierzbowski novels

WHERE'S BOWSKI? WHERE'S BOWSKI????

e: gently caress

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I thought Dietrich was hot.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
massive issues today

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ErrorInvalidUser posted:

massive issues today

I know. I haven't seen Aliens in a while.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I know. I haven't seen Aliens in a while.

But did you at least think about Aliens (the movie)?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

I thought Dietrich was hot.

She made Frost real hot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Somebody took an MG42 & mounted it on a steady cam harness, imitating the Aliens smartgun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bzCJlF5khw

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sweet. :patriot:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

Somebody took an MG42 & mounted it on a steady cam harness, imitating the Aliens smartgun:

I love all the reinforcement on the rig.

It was something that surprised me in the Netflix "The Movies That Made Us" episode where the first time they fired the guns on set, the steadicam harnesses popped off of Goldstein and Rolston, so subsequent shots had them duct-taped to the rigs.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

:allears: I love this!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bad rear end

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://mobile.twitter.com/AliensFireteamE/status/1508850547163602947

Finally a second heavy weapons user!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Absolutely beautiful.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

So everything besides new missions of any kind?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

evobatman posted:

Yeah, new missions are the only thing I want right now :(

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

evobatman posted:

I wanted two things:
New missions
A second heavy class

I'm going to be happy about my 50% win OK?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect orgasm. Its structural perfection is matched only by its horniness.
Lambert: You’re aroused by it.
Ash: I’m aroused by its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, embarrassment, or delusions of modesty.
Parker: Look, I am... I've heard enough of this, and I'm asking you to pull the plug.
Ash: Last word.
Ellen Ripley: What?
Ash: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

I can't wait to show Alien to the kids one day but as it currently stands my oldest still gets up and runs out of the room screaming whenever a raptor is on screen in OG Jurassic Park.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

I can't wait to show Alien to the kids one day but as it currently stands my oldest still gets up and runs out of the room screaming whenever a raptor is on screen in OG Jurassic Park.

Are you sure it’s the raptor, and not you being reflected on the screen?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

edogawa rando posted:

Are you sure it’s the raptor, and not you being reflected on the screen?

We always turn on the monitor prior to starting movie night

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Now you’re just somebody that I used to drone

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Would make a cool avatar

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

tactlessbastard posted:

Plot twist: your oldest child is 33.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Coming in once again to whine that matchmaking barely ever works in Fireteam Elite for PS4.

I've asked in one of the network threads if there's a chance it's my router, but I think that's in vain. Is nobody playing this game anymore? I never even got to the final campaign mission because the servers seem so barren. :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mister Speaker posted:

Coming in once again to whine that matchmaking barely ever works in Fireteam Elite for PS4.

I've asked in one of the network threads if there's a chance it's my router, but I think that's in vain. Is nobody playing this game anymore? I never even got to the final campaign mission because the servers seem so barren. :(

I'd assume that no one is currently playing. I popped in about a month ago to see if maybe they added some new missions, then turned it back off

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A few people on the Steam discussion board are complaining about lack of players too.

In my opinion the game is way too monotonous. There's barely anything to do once you ran through those handful of levels.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A few people on the Steam discussion board are complaining about lack of players too.

In my opinion the game is way too monotonous. There's barely anything to do once you ran through those handful of levels.

That really is the thing, there just needs to be more to do.

There's the relatively campaign that you can play over and over again. Last time few times I played with randos I got people shooting at me for not hiding out in whatever corner was deemed the best way to survive a wave.

Then there's Horde Mode, which is fine enough, but again needs more levels and variety, maybe even adding synths to the mix?

They added another mode with the last season, (point defense, I think?) and that mode just sucked because things moved too fast, also not enough variety, and only one level.

I really liked this game, but it's just too short, and adding new weapons and classes are just not cutting it, especially since one of the dialogs that open after beating the campaign imply all kids of stuff like mercs and W-Y soldiers. Hell, I'd love to go exploring that research station that's mentioned all over the campaign.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Back to the drawing board for an Aliens game that isn't doomed to die on its arse after a few months, it seems.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1511903873480503296?s=21&t=-Q-69C5WThrKjs2GR71OSQ

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
I was watching Golden Girls and there was an episode where they got scared after watching Aliens. That got me Thinking About Aliens.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love that guy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I hope he gets a full time gig working for movie studios helping the prop dept stay under budget

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From the stickied coming soon thread.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

please tag nws content thanks

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Facehugger: :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm thinking about Aliens.

This morning while walking the dog, I heard a woodpecker knocking away on a tree above me, and it sounded suspiciously close to the Predator's chatter.