Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sitchensis posted:

Will Smith is gay or at least bisexual.

Jada is his beard.

Will has not come out publicly because it would be career suicide. And why would he want to? It’s an open secret in Hollywood, which is probably good enough for him and his family. It allows him to have enough freedom to live a comfortably “open” life locally while still being a leading man who headlines blockbusters.

Like, guys, it’s pretty loving obvious this is what their marriage is. Jada can gently caress around, Will can gently caress around, and they both know that no serious news organization would “out” him unless he went public about it. And there is really no reason for him to do that unless he wanted to make some feel good political statement and have his career drop off a cliff.
yo this better be an unsourced succ because what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Moon knight is some standard disney garbage but Oscar Isaac is a handsome dude so I will watch the show.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sitchensis posted:

Jada is his beard.

Will has not come out publicly because it would be career suicide. And why would he want to? It’s an open secret in Hollywood, which is probably good enough for him and his family. It allows him to have enough freedom to live a comfortably “open” life locally while still being a leading man who headlines blockbusters.

Like, guys, it’s pretty loving obvious this is what their marriage is. Jada can gently caress around, Will can gently caress around, and they both know that no serious news organization would “out” him unless he went public about it. And there is really no reason for him to do that unless he wanted to make some feel good political statement and have his career drop off a cliff.

lol

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sitchensis posted:

Jada is his beard.

syq or gently caress yourself

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Moon knight is some standard disney garbage but Oscar Isaac is a handsome dude so I will watch the show.

my exact thought process, when does it come out

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

Xaris posted:

yo this better be an unsourced succ because what the gently caress

unsourced? yeah, but if you get to know enough gay men in any North American city that’s popular for film production, you start to hear through the grapevine about what the deal is with some male celebs who like to have their hookups sign NDAs

and the concept of a “beard” in Hollywood has been around for more than a century at this point

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sitchensis posted:

unsourced? yeah, but if you get to know enough gay men in any North American city that’s popular for film production, you start to hear through the grapevine about what the deal is with some male celebs who like to have their hookups sign NDAs

and the concept of a “beard” in Hollywood has been around for more than a century at this point

oh wait you were serious. lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

indigi posted:

oh wait you were serious. lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sitchensis posted:

lol if Wil was gay and loving dudes it'd be massively known you dumb moron baby

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
me, the editor of some rando celeb gossip rag: 'wait did he make you sign an nda? Oh poo poo no I can't report on this'

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sexpig by night posted:

me, the editor of some rando celeb gossip rag: 'wait did he make you sign an nda? Oh poo poo no I can't report on this'

Lmao.

Also, your new av rules.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sitchensis posted:

you're extremely dumb

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

lol if Wil was gay and loving dudes it'd be massively known you dumb moron baby

tbf Will is probably bi those rumors have been around for a long rear end time. it’s kind of amazing how discreet hookup people in LA are but that’s been “known” for years. all that other stuff is absolutely ridiculous though. him coming out as bi or even gay in the last 15 years would not have “destroyed his career” lmao and everything else is nonsense

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sitchensis posted:

Jada is his beard.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This was easily one of the funniest things posted itt. Why would you probe it?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

For posterity

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

quote:

This is the kind of all-time great post that can only really be commemorated with a sixer. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Moon Knight sounds like cape dreck, but Ethan Hawke is in it and it's cool he's getting work and hopefully he got a decent contract for it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Moon Knight sounds like cape dreck, but Ethan Hawke is in it and it's cool he's getting work and hopefully he got a decent contract for it.

oh gently caress

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
The Will Smith is bi and the Smiths have an open marraige thing has been on blind gossip sites forever, I also just assumed it was well-known lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/TessEractica/status/1509304567044878338

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nikosoft posted:

The Will Smith is bi and the Smiths have an open marraige thing has been on blind gossip sites forever, I also just assumed it was well-known lol

an actor on that’s so raven accused will smith of raping him, and michael jackson of setting it up, or something like that. there’s videos on youtube of him saying it a few years ago. who knows if it’s true tho

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/i/status/1508893197967101953

normal nation

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Urge to slap.....rising....rising......

The fact it was a singular event, as opposed to a war made it really easy for people to stick to their takes.
Also a guide on takes.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/03/the-complete-guide-to-will-smith-slap-takes.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

tbf Will is probably bi those rumors have been around for a long rear end time. it’s kind of amazing how discreet hookup people in LA are but that’s been “known” for years. all that other stuff is absolutely ridiculous though. him coming out as bi or even gay in the last 15 years would not have “destroyed his career” lmao and everything else is nonsense

yea if you wanna play gossipy poo poo the 'Smith is bi and that's why he and Jada have an open marriage, it lets them both gently caress around and gives Will a bit of cover' is at least a fairly open secret but there's no element of 'it would have ENDED HIS CAREER' if Will 'peaked at Fresh Prince' Smith came out in 2005.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’d say his peak was immediately post-Fresh Prince with ID4 and MIBbit you could lump Bad Boys in with them to complete the triptych

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
hell kevin spacey even came out as gay a few years ago as a way to save his career

not that it worked and also it wasn't even an open secret at that point, but y'know

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

yeah, but if you get to know enough gay men in any North American city

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
So MTV has a Catfish Spinoff called Catfish: Trolls and we need a Taintrunner episode.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

indigi posted:

I’d say his peak was immediately post-Fresh Prince with ID4 and MIBbit you could lump Bad Boys in with them to complete the triptych

I think he was riding super-high up through Hitch. It hasn't been the same since.

Maybe this is all Eva Mendes' fault!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My only take on Will and Jada Smith is uh maybe talk about your marital problems in private with a counselor or something and not in front of the entire world lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

My only take on Will and Jada Smith is uh maybe talk about your marital problems in private with a counselor or something and not in front of the entire world lol

actually will smith is a hero because he's exposed his vile wife

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

skooma512 posted:

AV Club loved it for whatever reason

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I want a jpg of a large adult man screaming CUCK while pointing at a small dog that is taking a poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How long until every actor in Hollywood has played an MCU character

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

the live action Aladdin from 2019 literally made a billion dollars and it sure wasn't because of the no name lead

lol goons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm more waiting for an A-lister to flat out refuse to work with anybody who read a Marvel script

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Funny to remember that as the antagonist of Iron Man 1, Jeff Bridges has been an MCU actor since launch

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nonsense posted:

I'm more waiting for an A-lister to flat out refuse to work with anybody who read a Marvel script

Was Willem Dafoe in the new spiderman because if not this sounds like it could be a Willem move

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Laterite posted:

the live action Aladdin from 2019 literally made a billion dollars and it sure wasn't because of the no name lead

lol goons
thats because every disney children movie makes a billion dollars because its a reliable way to get widdle jimmy to shut up for a few hours knowing nothing too exciting is going to happen to upset them.

its not like children are begging 'daddy daddy i wanna see the new will smith movie!'. it could have starred a CGI-animated corpse and AI-voice modulation of robin williams or sheen for all it mattered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

loquacius posted:

Was Willem Dafoe in the new spiderman because if not this sounds like it could be a Willem move

Yeah and he went full dafoe