Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
My local mall recently got flooded so badly it will be closed for a year, whence it will reopen to another freak flood event and be condemned

Real shame, I had my first job there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

ridin’ a train

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

cool av posted:

ridin’ a train

come on ride the train
come on and ride it

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRefl9FBo7g

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

cool av posted:

ridin’ a train

Why on earth would you do that when you can ride a car instead?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Why on earth would you do that when you can ride a car instead?

Trains have cars

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
You can even ride the car train which is a train where your car goes on a train car and so do you. It takes you to Disney World

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
thinking about posting "cars good actually" in the cars bad thread

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpCzp0CmjY

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
A channel dedicated to demonstrating that we shouldn’t loving drive

https://youtube.com/c/ROADRAGEBADDRIVING

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

don't do it

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The only sidewalk in this image is in the hotel parking lot

Also there's a cemetery next to the mall. I got to see it when we were walking through the grass along the highway trying to get somewhere without a car

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Cars for actually.

For me to poop on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I only love Crispin Square

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Polo-Rican posted:

wow I Can't Believe nobody is using this sidewalk

A real life version of this:

Though here the kid's trying to prevent someone from driving a car and is a Hero.

Dog Case posted:

Submitting "Square One" in Mississauga, Ontario as a slightly larger version of this. To get the full experience imagine visiting it on a bleak mid-winter day with the sky the same color as the concrete sprawl:

Though squinting there might be some sidewalks and actual living trees in places so could be worse.

Nocturtle has issued a correction as of 11:54 on Mar 31, 2022

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Dog Case posted:

Doc Popcorn / Dippin Dots

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/RazzberryYams/status/1509227291964018688?s=20&t=_EKIBQQHAhhT_pls0Y5orA

just in case this wasn’t posted here. lol people really hate bikes

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

indigi posted:

https://twitter.com/RazzberryYams/status/1509227291964018688?s=20&t=_EKIBQQHAhhT_pls0Y5orA

From this guy's perspective I'm struggling to see what anyone could do to help the environment beyond immediately committing suicide, and I'm not sure why he isn't leading the way if he really believes in this perspective.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nocturtle posted:

A real life version of this:

Though here the kid's trying to prevent someone from driving a car and is a Hero.

Submitting "Square One" in Mississauga, Ontario as a slightly larger version of this. To get the full experience imagine visiting it on a bleak mid-winter day with the sky the same color as the concrete sprawl:

Though squinting there might be some sidewalks and actual living trees in places so could be worse.

Sweet go kart track though from the looks of it. Go karts are still cars but at least they're small. It'd make the commute a lot cuter

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

Drive away troll.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

From this guy's perspective I'm struggling to see what anyone could do to help the environment beyond immediately committing suicide, and I'm not sure why he isn't leading the way if he really believes in this perspective.

Voluntary Human Extinction doesn't even go so far as to call for mass suicide but this fuckin guy

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm skeptical that the math behind his premise even works out, but I'm not going to take the time to look into it, because that's never the real point of a contrarian article like that anyway.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Dog Case posted:

Also there's a cemetery next to the mall. I got to see it when we were walking through the grass along the highway trying to get somewhere without a car

Ah, Yorktown Mall. I went to a wedding at the Westin right before the Plandemic. It was actually stuffy in the "ballroom", so we hung out on the patio which overlooked the reed choked retention pond.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/CBCcameraman/status/1509290212609904649

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i am flying above burning mountains of discarded tires. i am swimming in a sea of oil that has seeped out of a pipeline at the bottom of the ocean. i am breathing in methane and exhaling carbon monoxide and each breath brings me closer to the edge of a parking lot that stretches out as far as the eye can see in every direction.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Fun fact that doesn't sound real, Popeyes restaurants are named after Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle, the character Gene Hackman played in The French Connection.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

indigi posted:

counterpoint

quote:

Bicycling for five or more hours a week is associated with low sperm count and poor sperm motility among men, according to a study led by a researcher from the Boston University School of Public Health and BU’s Slone Epidemiology Center.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

i thought the entire point of fast food was that it's fast. that's why people put up with the bad food right? when you are crunched for time at your lovely job and have 15 minutes for lunch your options are limited. that makes sense to me. so who are these psychos waiting hours for some of the lowest quality food available? is this some sort of brand worship thing?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Norton posted:

i thought the entire point of fast food was that it's fast. that's why people put up with the bad food right? when you are crunched for time at your lovely job and have 15 minutes for lunch your options are limited. that makes sense to me. so who are these psychos waiting hours for some of the lowest quality food available? is this some sort of brand worship thing?

Fast food is addictive and gives you carbrain

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I can't even remember the last time it would've been faster for me to go through a drive thru for lunch versus popping into a grocery store for 3 minutes to grab something pre-made. It's a lot cheaper too!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Norton posted:

at least prior to The Chicken Sandwich Wars there was an illusion of like "this is the only place to get this type of sandwich with this type of sauce." now every fast food restaurant offers the Chik-Fil-A style chicken sandwich and sauce, and the only one that's really definitively crappier than the rest is probably the burger king one

e: to be clear, time spent in a drive-thru by choice when you have the option of parking and going inside is like the tell-tale carbrain symptom, no matter what

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

WaryWarren posted:

Ah, Yorktown Mall. I went to a wedding at the Westin right before the Plandemic. It was actually stuffy in the "ballroom", so we hung out on the patio which overlooked the reed choked retention pond.

I was also at the Westin for a thing years ago. It was November and it stayed right around freezing outside the entire time but every building was like 75 inside. My girlfriend and i were carrying our jackets wandering the mall in t-shirts sweating while everybody else was in their full "outside in the cold" clothes with scarves and everything.

Also the complete lack of pedestrian infrastructure was a total culture shock. Walking in the grass along the road, having to wait and figure out the traffic light pattern to run across 6 lanes of traffic because there are no sidewalks, no crosswalks, no pedestrian signals.

The only sidewalk we encountered outside of a parking lot was on an overpass that had a crosswalk from the grass on the shoulder on one side to the sidewalk and then just ended at nothing on the other side

The Midwest is inhabited by cold blooded lizard people that can't leave their terrariums during the winter

Dog Case has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Mar 31, 2022

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

car attempted murdering a local here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OksW6L4P1ds

the comments on social media are all bloodthirsty and carbrained as usual

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lmfao my brain just broke a little bit. ive seen that poo poo for loving chik fil'a but popeyes? we've got one and its like empty 99% of the time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Xaris posted:

lmfao my brain just broke a little bit. ive seen that poo poo for loving chik fil'a but popeyes? we've got one and its like empty 99% of the time.

what is the collective national psychosis around chick-fil-a anyway? all the randos i know go loving rabid for it like it has a vise grip on their reward pathways

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

what is the collective national psychosis around chick-fil-a anyway? all the randos i know go loving rabid for it like it has a vise grip on their reward pathways

Fat, sugar, salt, and prejudice

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cup Runneth Over posted:

In a food desert I'm sure chick fil a seems like the food of the gods .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Some folks aren't lucky enough to have a Jollibee around