Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
In what crack-filled universe does this count as a compromise :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
it's sn anti-abortion screed

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Also I'm pretty sure the book had some weird thing about the evil Jews being very rich and in charge and also really gungho about sacrificing their children lol

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Xun posted:

Also I'm pretty sure the book had some weird thing about the evil Jews being very rich and in charge and also really gungho about sacrificing their children lol

Not... exactly, but you're in the right general wheelhouse. The author, being Jewish himself, steers clear of any weird blood libel stuff. To the best of my recollection, only one minor character who is one of the good guys who doesn't like unwinding is textually Jewish and it doesn't meaningfully affect her actions. Within the setting, it's the Mormons/Quiverfuls (with some different fantasy name so the author doesn't get sued, ofc) who are crazy about sacing kids.

In the first one, the narrative follows a guy whose parents give him up to be unwound because he's a juvenile delinquent and they don't want to put up with his poo poo anymore, a girl from an orphanage who is set to be unwound due to the facility she lives in not getting enough money from the state for the amount of kids they have to take care of, and the 10th child from a Mormon family who was bred intentionally to be sacrificed for organs called a "tithe," who is totally onboard with the process since he's been brainwashed into thinking it's good since birth.

Circumstances force these three to work together and avoid the cops who want to capture them and harvest their body parts. The Mormon kid learns being carved into steaks and given to wealthy people for organ transplants is bad actually and joins an anti-unwinding domestic terrorist group of suicide bombers who inject nitroglycerine into their blood and blow themselves up (rendering their parts unsalvageable) by clapping their hands. Cliffhanger.

Book 2, like all second books in YA trilogies, is an unnecessary love triangle where the main guy and girl break up and the girl leaves him for a Frankenstein, a composite consciousness made entirely from separate parts. Amazingly, this has no actual bearing on the plot.

Book 3 reveals that actually no, unwinding did not come about as a complicated war between two ideologically opposed groups in America, it was masterminded by an evil Arab guy who somehow... benefits from unwinding being a thing. The analogy the book uses is De Beers and the diamond cartels and sequestering a big cache of diamonds someplace to artificially inflate their value. No, it doesn't make any sense in context either. Then they beat the one single bad guy who is solely and intentionally responsible for systemic injustices, make unwinding illegal, and have a pizza party.

What a weird series that was.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 31, 2022

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

I really want OP to explain what is cool about him

Honestly I'd guess sexist Mike pays for a lot of stuff for his pals

A lot of turboshitty people maintain friend circles this way

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

sootikins posted:

Honestly I'd guess sexist Mike pays for a lot of stuff for his pals

A lot of turboshitty people maintain friend circles this way
Good point. Time to check the comments. OP must have mentioned some of sexist Mike's positive traits.

op posted:

I mean ya I love my sister and our mom and our Aunt and cousin. The thing is nobody understands that other than his weird hatred for women, he’s a kind man who helps out many charities and advocates for most discriminated minorities.
Lol, sure he does, buddy. :jerkbag:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Speaking of garbage,
AITA for stealing my teachers $6,000 ring in order to pay for at least 3 months worth of food for my family?

(added paragraph breaks)

Anyway Reddit, be sure that my amazing teacher doesn't see this because if she does she might use my specific family information to identify me, the real thief.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Very believable story. A teacher would definitely show off an expensive wedding ring to all her students and then leave it unattended. And everyone knows poor people have no concept of how much food costs and think that $6000 = a couple of months worth.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for "Arguing" With My Partner About the Book "Unwind"?

quote:

she knew from personal experiences that one paragraph was enough to ruin a book

Sorry I kind of lost the point here because this screams "I'm super active on YA twitter" and thus nothing this person says is worth engaging with.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ah yeah I remembered the tithing thing and must have connected it wrong in my memory. In my defense I read the book when I was in like...middle school and thought it was dumb and weird then :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pentyne posted:

Sorry I kind of lost the point here because this screams "I'm super active on YA twitter" and thus nothing this person says is worth engaging with.

I have no idea what either of them are talking about or what this incredibly bad-sounding series is but I hate them both just because of how they talk

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Invisible Clergy posted:

Good point. Time to check the comments. OP must have mentioned some of sexist Mike's positive traits.

quote:

he’s a kind man who helps out many charities and advocates for most discriminated minorities.

Well jeez it's almost like you don't know that cis white males are the most discriminated-against of all! :colbert:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Xun posted:

Ah yeah I remembered the tithing thing and must have connected it wrong in my memory. In my defense I read the book when I was in like...middle school and thought it was dumb and weird then :v:

Yeah, same. It's all good.

Runcible Cat posted:

Well jeez it's almost like you don't know that cis white males are the most discriminated-against of all! :colbert:

Please forgive me; I'm off to say ten Hail Josephs in penance.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

My pages later hot take on probe chat is that the IK's should sling random sixers and use previous thread titles as the probe reason because that would be funny.

E: and tomorrow is April fool's...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

it was a minorly bad probe but who cares about 6ers

random 6ers sounds fun... not it for the first one?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Thanks again Pentyne for keeping track of them

pentyne posted:

that was a banger. I've got a list of the ones for the past 2 years

I'm particular to the "Ohio" one and the "my lawyer suggested" just because of the sheer aggressive determination the person has when saying it

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for not wanting to pack lunches for my husbands' colleagues?

quote:

To start off I love cooking and since me and my husband had gotten married earlier this year one of my ways of expressing affection towards him is by making packed lunches. I also try out different cuisines every week or so depending on how I feel. I usually wake up quite early to prepare his lunches because I also work full time.

Getting to the point, my husband's colleagues eventually started taking notice and my husband capitalised on that opportunity because one of them is a manager and my husband was finding a way to coax him in hopes of getting a better position at work. However the problem arises when without my permission he went ahead and spoke on my behalf that I will pack lunches for them too.

When he came back home and told me I was quite disappointed because even though I love making lunches for him, for his colleagues ( people I dont even know) it seemed exhausting. Moreover it is not just for one person which he initially had me believed but rather 5 OF HIS COLLEAGUES. I tried it out for one day to make my husband happy , I had to wake up at 3:30 ish that day because my own work starts at 8. I was almost late for work and had to rush through everything. It was not a pleasant experience.

Long story short however, that day I made thai packed lunches ( I made green curry, tom yum flavored wings, prawn fritters and thai fried rice) and they all enjoyed it. Now my husband is thinking of making it a weekly thing where every week I make a different cuisine for them for any one of the weekdays. Although that may seem "easy" I don't want to do it anymore. I do like sharing the food I make but I don't want it to feel like a chore. My husband however thinks I'm the AH because he mentions that it is only once per week and that I'm just being lazy. Well he is not wrong I am lazy but I also just dont want to make food for his colleagues. The lunches I make are for my husband to enjoy.

For some reason my husband thinks I'm being unreasonable and that I don't support him because by me doing this he believes they will be more inclined to give him a raise or a promotion or even a recommendation at work. I just find it pretentious that he has to depend on the food I make for a promotion , I am sure that he can get a promotion by his own merit because he is a very smart and accomplished man himself. I feel kind of torn between the idea of whether to continue making lunches ONLY for him or whether I should take that extra effort and make one , once every week for his colleagues too. Besides the money to make these lunches ( even if only once a week) comes from my pocket too which still if we add all 4 times in a month would be a fair too much just for food.

EDIT: PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I CAN'T GET TO ALL OF YOU, IM READING AND ABSORBING THE COMMENTS, sorry for caps❤ thank you all for the judgments and jokes

Didn't we have a story like this before? Those lunches do sound loving amazing but I bet her husband has no idea/doesn't care how much time it takes to make food. I mean, it's just food, can't take more than a few minutes like slapping together a sandwich at a food truck!

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 31, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for making my husband embarrassed?

quote:

My husband is very particular about his public image. We are middle class but he likes to show off how wealthy he is. Problem is we live in a community that’s full of actually wealthy people so he feels the need to buy overly expensive bbqs and furniture to show off with.

He also hates my “poor people habits”. I don’t see them as poor people habits because actually I come from a more wealthy family than him and my family and friends do these things too. I hang all my clothes to dry in the air because I have dust mitt allergies and the sun helps makes my sheets and pillowcases better for my stuffy nose. I like to change the oil on my car myself because I can let the old oil drip out longer. I like to plant the ends of green onions to get more green onions. I also repeat my dresses to friends parties because I don’t normally wear dresses so a dozen are enough. He absolutely hates all these habits because he thinks they are poor people habits. I guess hanging clothing out in the backyard is considered a poor person habit but in Australia where I’m from everyone does it including rich people since the sun dries things faster than a dryer. He doesn’t like it when I do car maintenance because it looks like we can’t afford a mechanic. Admittedly this is from my college days when I didn’t want to pay for oil changes but I find it’s not a big deal.

We had a big fight about me hanging my sheets and clothing to dry outside. He demanded I never do it again because of how embarrassing it is. I told him if he does the laundry he can do them however he wants.

He agreed then did the laundry twice before telling me we are hiring a laundry service since he doesn’t want to do the laundry anymore. I told him because it’s an optional service the money for the laundry service should come out of his “fun money”. He got upset and told me it should come out of the joint account because it’s everyone’s laundry. I said fine he can hire a laundry service for his laundry with his bank account and I will wash and hang my laundry outside like I want. He then yelled at me for embarrassing him and making the neighbours look down on him

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Soylent Pudding posted:

Why are they married???

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Soylent Pudding posted:

Keeping up with the Joneses is the worst loving thing

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Soylent Pudding posted:

Wow, turns out my grandfather is still alive and started a new family

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Mr Bucket here thinks hanging washing to dry is too "poor person" for him.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I wonder if it'd break his brain if you call whatever he's doing "poor people habits" lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hanging your laundry out sucks because pollen and dust gets all over your clean and wet clothes. But it's also more affordable than using a dryer, and more eco friendly too.

I'd say the best thing to do is hang the husband on the clothesline

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Even better, call him out on his Parvenu habits

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

My snake ate my vibrator, and I feel horrible about it.

quote:

No, this isn't a joke. Yes, I took him to the vet, and he is being closely monitored. I will be taking measures to ensure this never happens again.

I have a California Kingsnake named Shadow, and I've had him ever since I was fourteen. He's quite an active fellow, and he loves food, but he's not very smart and there has been a few times where he has mistaken household objects and people for food.

I have been letting him out of his cage recently, and allowing him to explore because I can tell he really enjoys it, and it's a good way to keep him in good shape. I don't always hover over him when he explores, but i do my best to keep an eye on him. Of course, a few days ago I slipped up on my surveillance, and he ate something he shouldn't have. While I was blissfully unaware, my snake snuck into the open back of a closed cabinet, where i stored some supplies alongside a tub of my sex toys, and ate one of them. When I realized I couldn't see him, i found him with a lump in his stomach and one of my bright blue bullet vibrators missing from the tub.

I immediately rushed him to the vet. He was given an enema and some lubrication, and the vets were in good spirits. They were laughing about the X-rays and the entire situation, and were positive he would get it out okay. However, since then, the object has not moved through his system.

We went back today, and he was given some more treatments, but he is due for surgery if he cannot push it out by tonight. The emergency vet bills and surgery will total to nearly a grand, and I've been trying to crowd fund to help pay for it because it's a lot of money, but i cant help but feel awful and ashamed about it.

I know freak accidents happen, and really I don't think my snake has felt too much pain (He's active, alert, showing some discomfort but otherwise acting quite normal), but I was negligent. I know I should've kept a better eye on him. I knew he has a history of trying to eat random poo poo he can fit in his mouth, but I had cleaned up whatever i thought he could swallow, and i just... wasn't thinking about the cabinet.This specific cabinet is a part of his tank stand, and it has a missing back to it. He's had some curiosity with it before, but I just assumed he was interested in whatever he could smell, and I had always removed him upon realizing he'd snuck inside.

I just... should've known better. Should've taken precautions. His previous "eating random poo poo" incidents were years back, and it wasn't in my mind when i let him free roam. Now, I have to answer to my negligence and poor surveillance, and there's nothing I can do to change what happened.

My friends are trying to comfort me, reassuring me that everything will be okay and that i'll be laughing about what happened when he's alright, but I just... feel so horrible. I feel horrible trying to crowd fund for his bills because this was My fault. i feel terrible because I wasn't being a responsible owner, and there's nothing i can do about it now.

He could still die, even after the surgery, and it will not be because of improper husbandry, but because of my carelessness and recklessness alone.

I love him so much. I love him so much, and I don't want to lose him. I will never forgive myself if he dies because of this.

TL;DR: I let my snake out to explore my room, and he got into my dildo cabinet and swallowed my bullet vibrator. He is due for surgery, and I feel horrible for not watching him closely enough.

quote:

[UPDATE] My snake ate my vibrator, and I feel horrible about it.

Hello! I promised an update, and here it is! (Albeit, a little late.)

However, I come bearing good news!

I made an emergency visit to the vet earlier today, and they got him to regurgitate it! He is doing alright, and I got the vibrator back in a soggy bag with some gauze. He is doing well now, although he is probably a little dejected about losing his lunch. He was given a gastrointestinal protective shot, and he needs some time to recover before he can eat again.

I am working on getting the X-rays, but this specific center is a little preoccupied, and it's been hard to get those photos through. However, I do have photographic evidence of his bulge and the little baggie containing the vibe, plus some gauze! If you guys are interested in seeing that, please let me know where I should post the photos!

Thank you everyone for cheering me up, keeping me calm and helping me stay strong. Thank you for taking a part of your day to read and follow along, and I hope this story serves as a cautionary tale, and a stupid laugh you can share between friends.

(Also no, the vibrator does not work. He broke it.)

EDIT: My vet posted the X-rays on despite me explicitly stating I did not consent to a social media post. Pretty lovely, but hey, I guess I have proof now?

quote:

[FINAL UPDATE] My snake ate my vibrator, and I feel horrible about it.

People have been asking for proof, and I have been begging my Vets to send his X-rays privately, to no avail.

Now, this is my final post, made a few hours after my previous update was taken down.I did not receive files of his X-rays. Actually, I found out that my Vet posted Shadow and his case online, completely disregarding consent forms that have in writing that I did not consent to social media posts related to my snake. But now, I have some proof to show while I deal with this outside of reddit.

Disclaimer: I have censored, and erased all metadata of these photos to the best of my ability. If you somehow come across these images or videos that she has posted, DO NOT ATTACK, HARASS OR STALK MY VETERINARIAN. I do not want anything to happen to her! Accidents happen, and it's aggravating that she disregarded my consent forms stating that I did not want this to happen, but I will not accept support in abuse towards people that helped my snake.I am ultimately grateful that this person and her team did what they could to help my reptile, and I do not condone any negative behavior thrown her way.

I was asked for proof, and i will provide it, but i will not hesitate to take this entire story down if I need to. So please, behave on my behalf.

EDIT: My situation with my vet was resolved! Turns out it was a simple mistake in communication, and the staff was very apologetic and communicative about this issue. :)

Another shadow x-ray:

https://www.reddit[.]com/user/Sh4dysh4dow/comments/toh3du/shadows_xrays

I defanged the link since Reddit gets mad at external links.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat I need a loving clothesline in my yard somewhere, nothing smells as good as laundry that dried outside.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Invisible Clergy posted:

And here we come upon the most load bearing part of the structure with the word "most". Now be sure not to touch it, it may be load bearing but its very fragile. Just marvel at it and move on. No I will not be taking questions since "most" is so fragile even hearing quesrions will bring everything down.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Xun posted:

I wonder if it'd break his brain if you call whatever he's doing "poor people habits" lol
Can't think of anything "poorer" than buying expensive garbage you can't afford exclusively for the purpose of conspicuous consumption.

(Aside from actually being poor and not having money to buy stuff like that but that's an echelon of poverty Mr. OP has clearly never interacted with or thought of in any way)

Hanging washing on a line to dry is gross since it'll get dust, bugs, moisture, etc on it and bleached from the sun. Running a dryer costs pennies, but all OP's other habits are positive and intelligent ways to save money. A lot of women, especially in generations past, have been taught by protective dads how to do basic car maintenance so that if they blow a tire they can change it themselves without having to be reliant on passersby to help them if they don't have AAA, or change oil so they don't get overcharged by sexist mechanics trying to rip them off. This is a normal thing to do if your car actually lets you open it and mess around with it.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why are they married???
Because women aren't allowed to have standards. It might make a mediocre white man feel bad about himself, the worst possible thing that could ever happen.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Didn't we have a story like this before? Those lunches do sound loving amazing but I bet her husband has no idea/doesn't care how much time it takes to make food. I mean, it's just food, can't take more than a few minutes like slapping together a sandwich at a food truck!

I don't think we've had this exact story before but we've had one that follows the same story beats. In that one, I think OP made gourmet sandwiches for her husband which he claimed to like. Later on, they double dated with a coworker from his office and his wife, and the coworker said "OP, your sandwiches are really popular at the office haha" and it came to light that her husband had been selling them at work for like $10 bucks and buying mcdonalds. She cut him off and he got all butthurt about it because he's a lovely manchild.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Soylent Pudding posted:

Aside from the oil changes, these habits are done by literally every rich person I know, but not all poor people. Having enough yard space for a clothesline, or having a small herb garden are not poor people things.

Not repeating dresses is like, a celebrity stylist thing, right? I don't know anybody so wasteful as to buy a dress to wear once and then toss it.

I guess maybe that last one makes me think that his conception of poor people is more in line with my conception of rich people, and his rich people are literal billionaires.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mx. posted:

AITA for ignoring my friend’s sexist remarks towards my sister instead of calling him out on them?
I think either hating women generally or his sister specifically would be insufficient for him to interpret this situation that way, so it's probably safe to say both are true.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for "Arguing" With My Partner About the Book "Unwind"?
No doubt this guy was "well actually"ing up a storm and his girlfriend's hurt feelings were justified, but given that he's only 19 and willing to entertain the possibility that he was in the wrong, maybe he will grow up to be a decent guy. :unsmith:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Mellow Seas posted:

I think either hating women generally or his sister specifically would be insufficient for him to interpret this situation that way, so it's probably safe to say both are true.

No doubt this guy was "well actually"ing up a storm and his girlfriend's hurt feelings were justified, but given that he's only 19 and willing to entertain the possibility that he was in the wrong, maybe he will grow up to be a decent guy. :unsmith:

The premise of the book does sound completely insane and I don’t blame the GF for never wanting to give it a chance, but man do I not at all miss being 19 and thinking something like a book I wasn’t going to read was worth an argument with my SO over.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Dr. Stab posted:

Not repeating dresses is like, a celebrity stylist thing, right? I don't know anybody so wasteful as to buy a dress to wear once and then toss it.

I think it's becoming more prevalent now that social media documents every "dress up" occasion for perpetuity. It becomes much more noticeable if you only have a few nice things and rotate them.

It's enough of a "thing" that Rent the Runway exists, where you can have a dress mailed to you for a week or so for 10-20% of the original cost. It's actually pretty handy if you don't go to a ton of formal occasions.

I don't care about the repeating outfits aspect, but I will need to get a couple dresses for weddings in the next year, and it just makes more sense to rent them rather than permanently own a dress I'm only likely to wear a handful of times.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

The premise of the book does sound completely insane and I don’t blame the GF for never wanting to give it a chance, but man do I not at all miss being 19 and thinking something like a book I wasn’t going to read was worth an argument with my SO over.
Yeah, no kidding. I don't like reality TV and my fiancee doesn't like sports, which is easily handled with the strategy of... enjoying them on our own and talking to each other about things we both like, instead. God bless being almost 40, the relative inner peace more than makes up for the hairline/waistline stuff.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for lecturing a little girl after I nearly hit her with my car and then telling her parents?

quote:

I (F20's) was driving home from work this afternoon when I almost hit a little girl. The road where my work is located is a busy road with many side streets. I always do 35mph (the posted speed limit) and set my cruise control, as I'd done this afternoon. I was not distracted or impaired in anyway, I was watching the road and fully following traffic laws.

There was a car in front of me. The girl who was around 11 on a scooter was scootering up towards the main road from one of the side roads. She almost didn't stop for the car in front of me but she did. She watched that car go and waited as the car going the opposite way beside it passed. She didn't look in my direction as she scootered into the road. Though I saw her I didn't expect her to scooter in front of me so I slammed on brakes though I stopped about a car and a half's length away from her. She jerked away and ended up falling backwards into a shallow ditch. I pulled over and ran over to her. She was crying but I think it was more fear than injury.

I made sure she was okay physically, she said she was. I then set into her on how dangerous her actions were, what was she thinking, why didn't she look both ways, if she didn't understand traffic safety then she shouldn't be on a scooter on a busy street. She cried. I told her that I wanted to speak to her parents because honestly she should have known better and if she didn't know better then they aren't parenting properly. She wasn't wearing a helmet or pads and she had EarPods in so I assume she was listening to music, but if she was she wasn't by the time I got to her.

She took me to her home where I spoke to her parents and told them what had happened and asked why they were letting an obviously ill-prepared child ride anything without teaching her safety. The girl told her parents that she had just made a mistake but that I was being "really mean". I told her that she should be grateful that it's me being "really mean" to her and not a doctor telling her parents that their child was dead. I asked her how she thought her parents would feel if I'd hit her, how I would feel. I told the parents to either teach her properly or keep her off the streets.

The dad told me I was a dick and I shouldn't be telling people how to raise their kids. The mom said I was overreacting and that I was probably driving too fast or dangerously. I have dash cam so I'm not worried about accusations on my driving, I was 100% following traffic laws. The dad told me to get off their property before he called the cops. I told him to go ahead and I'd show the cops the dash cam video and I assume that any cop would fault the parents for letting a child run around a busy street without supervision or proper safety lessons. They slammed the door in my face and I went back to my car and went home.

Was I an rear end in a top hat?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cowslips Warren posted:

Make sure that guy's wide awake from 3:30AM onward to appreciate your work if he tries to institute that as a thing

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for lecturing a little girl after I nearly hit her with my car and then telling her parents?

yeah that's totally what the cops would do buddy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Cruise control for a 35 mph road?? :catstare:

Talking to the kid and making sure she was okay was good, the parents were a bit much imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

External Organs posted:

Haha I wondered if cruise control would even engage at that speed. My folks were always so adamant that you don't/can't use cruise control at low speeds that I've never even tried it in all the years I've been driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

External Organs posted:

One of the most absurd things I've ever read in this thread.