Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVNnpWk9IkA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

now that's a good car commercial

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
So I got a 2012 Acura TSX Wagon (more of a warm hatch, be it long), and it's got 95k on the odometer and a leaky front right strut. Of course, the sensible thing is to just replace it with the OE part. But that's not why I'm here. I'm seriously considering replacing the suspension system with a Tein Street Advance Z coilover system. I had a similar set up on my 2012 Civic Si, and I liked it a fair bit, but I don't want to compromise much comfort for any added sportiness. Someone talk me off the ledge or tell me the water's warm

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Head Bee Guy posted:

So I got a 2012 Acura TSX Wagon (more of a warm hatch, be it long), and it's got 95k on the odometer and a leaky front right strut. Of course, the sensible thing is to just replace it with the OE part. But that's not why I'm here. I'm seriously considering replacing the suspension system with a Tein Street Advance Z coilover system. I had a similar set up on my 2012 Civic Si, and I liked it a fair bit, but I don't want to compromise much comfort for any added sportiness. Someone talk me off the ledge or tell me the water's warm

I dare you to make a 2010s Acura less boring

you bitch

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

this is also part of my answer

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer

Ok Comboomer posted:

I dare you to make a 2010s Acura less boring

you bitch

gently caress it ill have them throw in a supercharger when they're replacing the glazed serpentine belt

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Head Bee Guy posted:

gently caress it ill have them throw in a supercharger when they're replacing the glazed serpentine belt

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I put koni yellows on my mazda 3 and was fine with them but if you are looking for a plush ride, anything aftermarket sport oriented is gonna be farther from that.

I also want to make sure I say the TSX wagon owns so much, but replace the beak grill with the honda version for that gen

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It has arrived :toot:

I haven't had much time with it since its literally just got here, but what a hilarious experience driving this thing. It's a cheap 80s Nissan, but you have these ultra-bucketed seats. No power steering so you're wrenching the wheel at low speeds but that disappears when you get any speed going. You stab the throttle and you get this little shove with the super charger light popping on, then climb to midway up the rev range then the turbo kool-aide mans through your face screaming and whoops you're at readline, repeat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Please film this heavenly experience.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

KakerMix posted:

then the turbo kool-aide mans through your face screaming

Yea, now I want to drive it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

latinotwink1997 posted:

Yea, now I want to drive it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bring Your Own Homologation

I sent out the steering wheel for the Celica out to get it re-wrapped in leather.

Now it is correct.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 28, 2022

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

KakerMix posted:

Now it is correct.

:drat:

Good lord.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

KakerMix posted:

so good

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KakerMix posted:

:drat:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Awesome, the epc light just came on in my gti and I start my work week at 5 tomorrow.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Lukewarm hatch update - new properly fitting wheels on the Fit.

In two weeks both the Fit and the EP3 will be getting tinted. So. Much. Glass.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Roundup Ready posted:

Awesome, the epc light just came on in my gti and I start my work week at 5 tomorrow.

I had issues there over the summer, and bought a VW specific OBDII dongle+app. In my case, it ended up being that the turbo waste gate wasn't behaving. VW only sells the complete turbo assembly, and the aftermarket will sell you a waste gate for a couple hundred bucks or a turbo+waste gate for a few hundred more. I hosed the linkage down with PB Blaster, wiped it off everything else, and drove it hard for a couple weeks, and the waste gate started opening properly again, and the engine stopped going into limp-home mode. Getting back there is kind of a pain, which was more of a concern then the cost of parts.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

wzm posted:

I had issues there over the summer, and bought a VW specific OBDII dongle+app. In my case, it ended up being that the turbo waste gate wasn't behaving. VW only sells the complete turbo assembly, and the aftermarket will sell you a waste gate for a couple hundred bucks or a turbo+waste gate for a few hundred more. I hosed the linkage down with PB Blaster, wiped it off everything else, and drove it hard for a couple weeks, and the waste gate started opening properly again, and the engine stopped going into limp-home mode. Getting back there is kind of a pain, which was more of a concern then the cost of parts.

Thanks for the insight. Since it could be a bunch of different things I'm taking it in next Monday and we'll see what they have to say. Only driven like 3 miles since it came on, so dunno if it's limping.

Fortunately we were lazy and never got around to selling my lady's mini, so I can at least use that to get to work for a bit.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Lukewarm hatch update - new properly fitting wheels on the Fit.

In two weeks both the Fit and the EP3 will be getting tinted. So. Much. Glass.

when comes the Itasha wrap?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Roundup Ready posted:

Sorry, mate. Keep us posted on your GTI.

Also, that Fit is looking properly mean now. Drum brakes in the back like the good old days too.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

nitsuga posted:

Sorry, mate. Keep us posted on your GTI.

Also, that Fit is looking properly mean now. Drum brakes in the back like the good old days too.

Will do on Monday. Fortunately I've got a decent amount of cash saved up at the moment.
Unfortunately it's because I'm getting married at the end of May. :lol:

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Roundup Ready posted:

Will do on Monday. Fortunately I've got a decent amount of cash saved up at the moment.
Unfortunately it's because I'm getting married at the end of May. :lol:

It had the decency to give you some time to recuperate. :-(

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Stuck at home with covid and now all I want to do is slap a big turbo on the gti. Promised myself I wouldn't turn the daily driver (and only drive right now) into a drag car but :rice:

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
Details of the corolla gr are out a day early thanks to google ads

300hp
F/r torsen
6 speed
Circuit tuned suspension

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

So that’s all an April fools joke?

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Dr. Lunchables posted:

So that’s all an April fools joke?

https://staging.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/grcorolla/

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I am pretty excited about this! Hoping it’s not a short run of cars, it would be cool to replace my EGTS with one in a couple years*. Bonus points if it comes in nice exterior colors and interior options that aren’t all black.

*if it has adaptive cruise control, a good automatic, and nice sunroof and stereo. I’ve got the Miata and BMW if I want a lovely experience in bad traffic :-)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It looks like it will be manual only, but the official drop is tonight

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Looks good on paper so far- was thinking of replacing the '14 FoST with a GR86/BRZ whenever the time came but this is intriguing to say the least

if I ever can buy one of the loving things lol

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 31, 2022

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
300hp in a 1.6L 3 is wild. The 2022 WRX is 271hp in a 2.4L. It’s also hideous.

Can’t wait for the official reveal, looks like 9:30pm eastern.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Dr. Lunchables posted:

It looks like it will be manual only, but the official drop is tonight

Thank goodness. I’m happy with my cars and the last thing I need is a cool daily replacement gnawing at my mental.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So tired of waking up to snow on the ground. Brand new wheels and summer tires in the garage that I can't wait to see on the GTI, and feels like the temps are never going to get there :smith:

GR Corolla is definitely hot though, wonder how bad markups are gonna be? Wasn't the Type R hitting $20k+ over msrp in places?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The FiST oughta be paid off by the time I could actually buy one. This is the only car release of the past few years I’m excited for.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

What are we thinking the price will be? Honestly would consider putting money where my mouth is and getting one if MSRP isn’t too outrageous (also lmao in a couple years when dealers stop extorting)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I’d bet high thirties at least. Probably 40 though, with no options.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I would pay 40k for 300hp and AWD., looks pretty nice as well. But they will make like 10 of them and I will never see it on the lot anyway.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

So tired of waking up to snow on the ground. Brand new wheels and summer tires in the garage that I can't wait to see on the GTI, and feels like the temps are never going to get there :smith:

GR Corolla is definitely hot though, wonder how bad markups are gonna be? Wasn't the Type R hitting $20k+ over msrp in places?

I feel you. I was in the same boat waiting for winter and my winter wheels. I'm a sick bastard I know.

Also getting in on the Corolla hype. This is what the Integra should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Enos Cabell posted:

Old Scion dealers can be salary staff and hard cap on msrp. I found a local one a while ago and got put 4th on the list. I let them know I’d take any color/trim level. We will see.

Another local dealer was asking 15k over msrp, lmbo