Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BonoMan posted:

This was the first movie my daughter had a very strong emotional reaction to. I rewatched it about a year ago (she was 6 at the time) and the music and visuals just instantly dragged her in. I was watching by myself and she walked by and just sat down on the couch and never got up. At that scene I looked over and she was just silently crying tons of tears and said "he sacrificed himself because he loves his kid." First time I ever saw her sorta "get" that kinda moment in a movie. And I never thought it would have been f'in Tron Legacy to do it lol. But it was a great memory I'll have. Makes me misty just thinking about it.

That's super sweet :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think there's a single movie soundtrack I throw on more often than Tron Legacy, it's a great album even on its own.

I know it's a TV Show but Mogwai's soundtrack to Les Revenants is pretty much just another of their albums and just as awesome.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 30, 2022

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BonoMan posted:

This was the first movie my daughter had a very strong emotional reaction to. I rewatched it about a year ago (she was 6 at the time) and the music and visuals just instantly dragged her in. I was watching by myself and she walked by and just sat down on the couch and never got up. At that scene I looked over and she was just silently crying tons of tears and said "he sacrificed himself because he loves his kid." First time I ever saw her sorta "get" that kinda moment in a movie. And I never thought it would have been f'in Tron Legacy to do it lol. But it was a great memory I'll have. Makes me misty just thinking about it.

This made me kind of misty just reading it. That's great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think there's a single movie soundtrack I throw on more often than Tron Legacy, it's a great album even on its own.

As far as film soundtracks go, yeah this is me

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

AceOfFlames posted:

I know it's a TV Show but Mogwai's soundtrack to Les Revenants is pretty much just another of their albums and just as awesome.

The Miami Vice soundtrack still slaps :colbert:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lobok posted:

I was happy that was at the start of the movie, too. It wasn't some big thing waiting for the climax of the film that we all knew was coming thanks to trailers, I was like drat this is how the movie begins?

IIRC it was just a thing they filmed unconnected to the actual story with the idea they could slot it in wherever and ended up putting it first due to the trailer stuff.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There's a fascinating episode of The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith where he interviews Chris McQuarrie about his filmmaking process on those movies. Pretty much everything outside of the stunts is at least to some degree improvised. It sounds like a terrifying way to work.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sounds pretty fun to be honest.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

ravenous

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He’s doing a motorcycle to parachute stunt while chasing or following a runaway train for the next one there were a few set photos from filming last year.

It also apparently ends with a full on remake of The General finale :zaurg:

:hmmyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDl4OhRN3bQ

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hear that Tom Cruise once killed a man, just so he could act like someone who had killed a man

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

precision posted:

I hear that Tom Cruise once killed a man, just so he could act like someone who had killed a man

That’s Christopher Lee

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

precision posted:

Nah, that's what a method actor would do. What Tom Cruise would do is kill a man on camera, because how else would you accurately capture what that looks like ON SCREEN?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guess I gotta watch Tron Legacy tonight. It's been a while.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The correct watch order for Tron is watching the Tron Modern Trailer instead of the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp2gGqgn3Fw

Followed by the Comic Con Teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFxMhlNC3ss

Followed by the Derezzed music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cgLL8JaVI

Followed by Tron Legacy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watch Tron. It’s very wild and cool and nothing like it ever existed and never will again.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

precision posted:

Tom Cruise has never killed a man.

Now, David Miscavige’s wife, on the other hand…

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

All the Tron talk made me want to go grab both movies in 4k and I'm very sad to say those do not exist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DC Murderverse posted:

Tom Cruise has never killed a man.

Now, David Miscavige’s wife, on the other hand…

I think Travolta did that one. That's why he got the role in Pulp Fiction

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Sirotan posted:

All the Tron talk made me want to go grab both movies in 4k and I'm very sad to say those do not exist.

Yeah, Legacy in 4k HDR would be absolutely sick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CelticPredator posted:

Watch Tron. It’s very wild and cool and nothing like it ever existed and never will again.

I watched TRON on a 3D TV with on the fly conversion a few years back. It was amazing. The set design is so perfectly suited for the process.

TRON Legacy is also a great film, even if it recycles at least 60% of the original.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

...followed by 12:51 by The Strokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPAVDHo1Elc

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Climbing the Burj Khalifa one of the tallest bldgs in the world was cool too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MI series is gonna be a rattling collection of Tom's bones being flung out of a SpaceX rocketship

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Scientology infiltrating SpaceX and NASA via Tom Cruise movies to steal a rocket and start their own moon colony

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i wish the mission impossible movies did more with it. they're just not silly enough for me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fried Watermelon posted:

Scientology infiltrating SpaceX and NASA via Tom Cruise movies to steal a rocket and start their own moon colony

pretty sure scientologists and LDS are the first candidates on the docket for any would-be colony financiers

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

precision posted:

i wish the mission impossible movies did more with it. they're just not silly enough for me

I kind of wish every single plot wasn't "Ethan and friends are burned and have to work without a net."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm curious if scientologists think Thetans exist on every planet or just the ones with volcanos

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

precision posted:

In a world of morose Bond movies we get now, I'll take the fun attitude and stunts MI movies bring.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
The credits in the most recent one, after the main crew and cast, have a very dramatic bang bang of the movie title over shots from the film. This leads to the words "FALL OUT" being smashed onto the screen right before the film cuts to tom and hank literally falling out of a plane. These movies absolutely rule

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Do scientologists believe that aliens are currently visiting the Earth or that the Earth has any significance to intergalactic affairs, or are aliens just part of their creation myth?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Do scientologists believe that aliens are currently visiting the Earth or that the Earth has any significance to intergalactic affairs, or are aliens just part of their creation myth?

I can tell you the answer but it’ll cost you $25,000

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Jewmanji posted:

I can tell you the answer but it’ll cost you $25,000

My friend, $25k won't even get you past OT IV

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Arent a bunch of older versions of OT manuals out there tho

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Riot Bimbo posted:

Arent a bunch of older versions of OT manuals out there tho

yes but you still gotta pay to sit in the room with the machine

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98Afd7Nf3Y

This looks adorable

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUHAJ-D-_aU

I can't help it, I'm a huge sucker for this.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
That is such a good idea. I can’t wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want someone to edit the marcel trailer like their horror movies