Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate

Thinking of just calling her "She Who Lives in Death" or just "Lives in Death" if that's too long, but I'm also open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

GlyphGryph posted:

Thinking of just calling her "She Who Lives in Death" or just "Lives in Death" if that's too long, but I'm also open to suggestions.

“Tibia Mariner 2”

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr. Skeltal

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What is the benefit of 2-handing a weapon over 1-handing? Do you get an extra STR modifier bonus?

I’m messing around with the Sacred Relic Sword, which primarily scales with DEX and FTH. Somehow, 2-handing it seems to be slower then 1-handing it. I’m wondering if it’s ever worth it because the STR scaling on it is so low, and my STR is just the bare minimum for it anyway.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The Boner Haver

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What is the benefit of 2-handing a weapon over 1-handing? Do you get an extra STR modifier bonus?

I’m messing around with the Sacred Relic Sword, which primarily scales with DEX and FTH. Somehow, 2-handing it seems to be slower then 1-handing it. I’m wondering if it’s ever worth it because the STR scaling on it is so low, and my STR is just the bare minimum for it anyway.

while you are two handing a weapon your strength stat is calculated as 1.5x what it actually is and all that entails. as you suspect, weapons that do not scale well with strength only see minimal benefit from two handing

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 31, 2022

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This ordina liturgical town puzzle is the most obnoxious thing in this game

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cowcaster posted:

The Boner Haver

The Longsome Boner Haver

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also while two handing you can use your right hand's weapon art if whatever's in your left hand prevents that

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

really israel could slaughter all these children without our help, I just didn't want to miss out on the chance to participate
Maybe "The Bone Zone"

"You have been invaded by The Bone Zone", and then suddenly skeletons everywhere.

Or "Tibia Bone Hunter"

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 31, 2022

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

also while two handing you can use your right hand's weapon art if whatever's in your left hand prevents that

Also lets you use your left hand weapon art if whatever is in your right hand's preventing it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cowcaster posted:

while you are two handing a weapon your strength stat is calculated as 1.5x what it actually is and all that entails. as you suspect, weapons that do not scale well with strength only see minimal benefit from two handing

You also get a different moveset, which might be useful on various weapons (e.g. having a poke instead of a sweep on R2).
You won't bounce off shields or rocky enemies, so if you want to e.g. kill miners with a katana you will want to 2h it to avoid bouncing.
You also do increased poise damage, so against some armored enemies a 2h r2 or jump attack will stagger them where a 1h r2 won't.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cowcaster posted:

Your weapon will also get deflected less.

All shields have a 'deflection' value, which is highest for greatshields and lowest for small shields.
When hitting enemy shields when one handing, unless using a big weapon you'll frequently have your weapon deflected off, interrupting your attack string.
2-handing prevents this so you can be more aggro against shields.

Also 2-handing increases stance damage by 10%, as a slight bonus.

e:fb

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

Does anyone use the "summon skeletons to attack the enemy" spell?

Sorry to be a buzz kill but I tested it and it's terrible imo. The skeletons basically appear and then all wind up an attack targetted at the spot the enemy was at when you cast the spell. If it moves at all the attacks will wiff.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 31, 2022

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

interesting video from zullie on jumping mechanics

the tl;dr: instead of giving you iframes, your hitboxes from the waist down are simply disabled during most of the jumping animation. feelings of inconsistency over getting hit/not hit is largely due to your chest and arms still having active hitboxes that can get nailed

interestingly, two-handing certain weapons will give you more leeway, since they raise your elbows and thus create more clearance. this also theoretically makes D's armor more useful than it appears, since two-handing large weapons with it on will force your elbows into a uniquely higher state than usual to avoid clipping issues with the decoration on the front

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Sockser posted:

“Tibia Mariner 2”

Tibia Marina & The Diamonds (the diamonds are the skeletons)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Blue Raider posted:

This ordina liturgical town puzzle is the most obnoxious thing in this game

This would have bugged me ALOT more if I had not known to go and get the torch. Then it's merely an annoying 3? black knife assassins and what that usually entails.

How are you supposed to deal with that if you don't know about the torch?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is there anyway to have PS4 controller prompts in the steam version of this game? My Xbox controller is on its way out and my PS4 controller works fine.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mesadoram posted:

Is there anyway to have PS4 controller prompts in the steam version of this game? My Xbox controller is on its way out and my PS4 controller works fine.

As a Steam PS4 controller user: No I don't think there is and would be surprised to find out there's a way to make it happen. I just got used to it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

That’s what I figured. I’m going for a kind of Faith Spellblade, but with most buffs and then Rock Shards or something. Seems like 2H the relic sword is pretty useless so I either need to find some good offensive spells or start using a shield.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ice Fist posted:

This would have bugged me ALOT more if I had not known to go and get the torch. Then it's merely an annoying 3? black knife assassins and what that usually entails.

Just shoot the archers from the roofs? Or dodge their arrows and go into melee range, that's how I did it. I didn't even realize the assassins were there until other people mentioned them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Does anyone use the "summon skeletons to attack the enemy" spell? Tibia's Summons? Is it any good? I'm assuming not but my current character can't cast it.

Thinking of making a gimmick build using the skeleton gear, the axe that summons skeletons, and the skeleton spell. Plus the prince of death staff to cast with and maybe a rickety shield for flavour.

Sadly if the target moves even a tiny bit before the 3 second spell finishes it will miss, but don't let that stop the gimmick.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

That’s what I figured. I’m going for a kind of Faith Spellblade, but with most buffs and then Rock Shards or something. Seems like 2H the relic sword is pretty useless so I either need to find some good offensive spells or start using a shield.

Powerstancing, powerstancing is the answer to everything in this game.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RBA Starblade posted:

How much should I care about these Volcano Manor quests if Patches isn't in here? They don't seem like a big deal like Ranni's or Fia's

You get sweet armour sets and a second bleed whip so you can dial wield frost/bleed whips which rock. Gotta do the last mission for that though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ice Fist posted:

As a Steam PS4 controller user: No I don't think there is and would be surprised to find out there's a way to make it happen. I just got used to it.

That is kinda lovely they didn't add support for other controllers, thank you :smith:.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

you can actually avoid all of the assassins with a combination of assassin's gambit (hidden body + assassin's approach weapon art) and some good routing

there's a destroyed house just down the balcony at the gaol spawn that has a ruined wall you can hop up on to in order to get onto the rooftops of a cluster of houses, and you have access to three of the four candles from there without every having to touch the snow. the last one requires a bit of running around, but i never bumped into an assassin with gambit on. you still have to take care of a couple archers since they seem to have ambush triggers you can't avoid, but it's otherwise pretty simple

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
found the nox flowing hammer and even with minimal strength it's smashing the poo poo out of everything. it's an excellent backup weapon when strike damage is required. i swear it extends a little bit while 2 handing as well??

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sadly if the target moves even a tiny bit before the 3 second spell finishes it will miss, but don't let that stop the gimmick.

Nephthys posted:

Sorry to be a buzz kill but I tested it and it's terrible imo. The skeletons basically appear and then all wind up an attack targetted at the spot the enemy was at when you cast the spell. If it moves at all the attacks will wiff.

God drat it, I was hoping it was going to act like when the enemy cast the spell and do like big sweeping attacks or some poo poo, that's lame.

Do they at least look kinda big and cool so I could use it for, like, introduction/intimidation purposes? Or should I just focus on the axe instead, which at least looks really cool.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
beat the game again as an arcane/dex, bloody helice + godskin stitcher bleed build, self imposed 99 level limit, no ashes, etc. so 40 vig and no end or mind. the final run of bosses from malekith to radagon is so much fun to get good at, bookended by the beast boys who are not, and kinda stink, though the cleric is only really bad because malekith is so much better.

neither of the last two fights can be bled it seems like, so i switched the infusion on the godskin to cold, which was pretty effective. the helice weapon art is crazy good for getting the gently caress away from scary attacks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just found a route to all the torches before activating the gaol and then just beelined for them while dodging the arrows. You don't even run into any assassins that way, let alone have to fight them.

You don't have to light all the torches in a single run either.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is there a way to check if your name gets censored?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Thanks! Looking forward to more complete information coming out soon. Just knowing the poise of the wandering trolls helps out with testing stuff, at least.

Is there any iframe data out yet? I’ve been avoiding this thread as well as most stuff aside from the wiki because my pace through the game is glacial (played 100 hours since release and only 2 great runes so far).

I have learned that two fully charged War Cry R2s with a colossal Golem's Halberd is enough to put a troll from the Consecrated Snowgrounds on its rear end.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

honestly, assassin's gambit is another weird "what were they thinking" design bit, because it's obtainable at about the same point where you can get hidden body, provides hidden body and assassin's approach in one package, costs a measly amount of FP and HP, and only requires that you sacrifice one of your weapon slots and, like, 1.5 weight to stick it on a dagger. it's better than the individual spells in every way except that i guess the spells can get boosted by old lord's talisman for a mild duration increase

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tweet my meat posted:

AFAIK it still uses the same wordlist as DS3 so you can use this.
Although DS3 was case-sensitive and ER isn't, so check your name normally and in all-lowercase to be sure.

Most suprising result for me so far is "Finger" being blocked out.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Fibia Mariner :skeltal:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

tweet my meat posted:

https://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

AFAIK it still uses the same wordlist as DS3 so you can use this.
Although DS3 was case-sensitive and ER isn't, so check your name normally and in all-lowercase to be sure.

Most suprising result for me so far is "Finger" being blocked out.

Oh cool thanks, Gohm, Crip Lord should work. I would prefer Ghom for my Mohg co-op setup, but ho gets censored.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Im level 230 and having a blast duelling people outside the raya academy main gate, just trying out sick builds. Just now i was completely and brutally owned by a guy rushing me with the spiked greatshield, died to bloodloss in like 3 seconds. Currently rolling with a dual rapier build with scarlet rot and bloodhounds step, crazy fun. 155 hours and counting

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7079089238435777838

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you trust this calculator spreadsheet (make a copy to be able to edit the numbers), at the minimum 18 int the Meteorite Staff loses to the Demi-Human Queen Staff (which has the highest base power and the lowest int scaling) at just +6 out of 25.

At 30 int, Demihuman staff needs +11 to beat it (and it is still better than all non-meteorite competition).
At 41-68 int, the Academy Glintstone Staff is best non-Lusat staff in the game, and it beats meteorite at +14.
Carian Regal Scepter takes +7 to beat it at the minimum 60 int.

Thanks, this is real useful (assuming it's accurate).

It's a bummer that none of the staffs looks all that cool or distinctive. Lusat's and Azur's have the most character but neither really seems worth using outside of edge cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Vermain posted:

honestly, assassin's gambit is another weird "what were they thinking" design bit, because it's obtainable at about the same point where you can get hidden body, provides hidden body and assassin's approach in one package, costs a measly amount of FP and HP, and only requires that you sacrifice one of your weapon slots and, like, 1.5 weight to stick it on a dagger. it's better than the individual spells in every way except that i guess the spells can get boosted by old lord's talisman for a mild duration increase

What does the staff of loss do for those spells?