Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Hoping 2024 is the year for We, Frankenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Finally, the classic Holmes story where an old man injects himself with monkey semen will finally be public domain.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

People are saying The Northman is so historically accurate that you need a Masters in viking history to understand it yet Björk plays a Slavic witch when the Finns (and Sami who were seen as just being nomadic Finns) were the ones viewed as inherently and exceptionally magically gifted by the Norse.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sure a Slav Witch is possible but it's like a cowboy from Louisiana.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sure a Slav Witch is possible but it's like a cowboy from Louisiana.

If Red Dead Redemption 2 has taught me anything, New Orleans is only a 20 minute horse ride from El Paso. It's certainly possible.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

muscles like this! posted:

Like all the stories people want from Holmes are in the public domain but the estate still goes after people for vague things like how Sherlock displays emotions. Most of the time the studio just pays them off. IIRC this is the last year as everything with the character hits public domain next year.

when Enola Holmes came out the Doyle estate tried to sue because Sherlock Holmes was depicted not as a cold insane robot. They agreed to not proceed so I assume some settlement was made

And there's also Herlock Sholmes in the Ace Attorney video game series

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn't there a King Arthur movie in the last few years that had the letter K loving the letter A on the poster?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

You mean the movie's logo/symbol/thingy?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wasn't there a King Arthur movie in the last few years that had the letter K loving the letter A on the poster?

Not actually loving but the K was kneeling in front of it so there was an implication.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
drat, that 3 is getting railed in the rear end by the letter d on that poster too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Saddest Rhino posted:

when Enola Holmes came out the Doyle estate tried to sue because Sherlock Holmes was depicted not as a cold insane robot. They agreed to not proceed so I assume some settlement was made

And there's also Herlock Sholmes in the Ace Attorney video game series

Herlock Sholmes is public domain

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lol, that's pretty neat

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Baron von Eevl posted:

drat, that 3 is getting railed in the rear end by the letter d on that poster too.

Next time my wife is doing kerning on a design project I'm going to say stuff like this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/80sSakuga/status/1509552956915744772?s=20&t=QuUEFaVK38YmSKPM3DX-Zg

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Wow that's metal gear /terminator levels of copying.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Matt Smith being all "No, I don't believe it either."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
apparently morbius is the second-worst rated superhero movie on rotten tomatoes ever, after league of extraordinary gentlemen

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

flatluigi posted:

apparently morbius is the second-worst rated superhero movie on rotten tomatoes ever, after league of extraordinary gentlemen
There are so many superhero movies worse than those two (I have not seen Morbius but the reviews have mostly just said it's aggressively mediocre)

I've sat in a theater and watched Elektra, and Catwoman also exists, so...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i still remember a review i read of Elektra where they said "it's not clear why they made this movie, considering in the ending of Daredevil she was in a less than healthy state of being"

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Trying to understand this woman's proportions is making my head hurt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Erebus posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/3CFilmss/status/1505999678298591234?s=20&t=u9k3sXGui_brOAMHu1qn7Q

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Moebius is my favourite movie from 2005

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/MorbiusMovie/status/1507448427449180160?s=20&t=8omvDTaxFUf4JtCe8n_Ggg

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What does that look like if you're standing off to the left.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Erebus posted:

Ah yes, the sequel to a movie where one of the nerds rapes a woman and its played for laughs. The 80s were a bizarre time for comedy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MikeJF posted:

What does that look like if you're standing off to the left.

Yeah they only work from a specific angle. They usually will have a marker on the ground showing the place to stand for the effect to work.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Nihonniboku posted:

Ah yes, the sequel to a movie where one of the nerds rapes a woman and its played for laughs. The 80s were a bizarre time for comedy.

Revenge of the Nerds is the kind of movie where we should gather up all physical copies and memorabilia and bury it in a giant hole so future generations won't know we made such a movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

davidspackage posted:

Revenge of the Nerds is the kind of movie where we should gather up all physical copies and memorabilia and bury it in a giant hole so future generations won't know we made such a movie.

It's a shame to deprive posterity of any Curtis Armstrong content.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, I love Batman.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, I love Batman.

Get your jokes in now. Morbius fever is going to sweep the nation, soon Mornius will be just as famous and beloved as Batman

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, people all over are gonna be talking about Mobius when the Blue Blur's next exciting adventure comes out next week.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm gonna see Morbius in a couple hours, thankfully at a place with cheap booze.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Sounds like a waste of booze to me.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I love head caves

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ah yes, Mikael Morbius, the living had-cave vampire. Very famous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Morbius will make a billion dollars.