Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

My point I was more trying to make is that the tone of the narrative reads to me like 'this is how I, a firearms expert who is cool under pressure, accidentally shot myself in the leg. He talks about himself as a firearms nerd, calls out 'accidental discharge' (to no one other than himself?) immediately after shooting, but then he also specifically says the gun was pointed at the ground and his finger was off the trigger because his trigger discipline was good, and he still shoots himself.

Even accounting for adrenaline and high pressure, I don't think the guy was as wise in the ways of the gun as he represents himself. It reminds me a lot of a guy I was acquainted with in college who talked himself up as a redneck and a gun expert all the time and got thrown out of a range almost immediately when a bunch of us from class went shooting once, despite having been 'the best marksman in the air force' for the the entire time he served
Haha, it really does read like a 50 Foot Ant story where you're supposed to hate the protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9lw3jbqUq1r0uzl6.mp4

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

bird with big dick posted:

His second problem was using a 12 gauge for home defense which is loving stupid IMO.

Not if you listen to Sleepy Joe :biden:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Wistful of Dollars posted:

No one rides for free.

Looks like they went with rear end. And knees, elbows, maybe a little palm or brow.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DiHK posted:

Looks like they went with rear end. And knees, elbows, maybe a little palm or brow.

Kneeeeees, elbows, palm or brow, palm or brow

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Phanatic posted:

My guess is that nobody even went digging near Chernobyl and this is one big game of telephone without primary sources.

I'd absolutely believe an army unit digging themself some trenches (and latrines) if they stopped and stayed for a few days - but "it's plausible" is not the same as "definitely happened", indeed. I guess we'll find out in a few decades when the definite history books start coming out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/711384212044775447/959203201230467092/DASH_480_1.mp4

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I don't know what country that is from but it's up there with the kind of "ha ha fuckit there's a lot of other worse ways I might die" vibe you get from those eastern European videos of people hanging off building cranes and riding on top of really fast urban trains.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I don't know what country that is from but it's up there with the kind of "ha ha fuckit there's a lot of other worse ways I might die" vibe you get from those eastern European videos of people hanging off building cranes and riding on top of really fast urban trains.

no one has ever died from skitching.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

:dogstare:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LifeSunDeath posted:

no one has ever died from skitching.

"NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENS TO THE KENNEDYS!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was already going :stare: thinking about the potential for catastrophic high-speed roller skate failure, and then they started weaving in six inches ahead of the tires :stonk:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
At least it looks like some of them are wearing helmets!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How is that even possible? I figured the wheels and bearings in rollerblades would shred themselves at that kind of speed, but I guess not?

In any case it's giving me a weird sensation like they're not actually moving at all - especially with how effortlessly the one guy seems to move around the truck. He doesn't even appear to lose any speed when he takes his hands off of it entirely.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

If only a video could be a thread title :sigh:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Mister Speaker posted:

How is that even possible? I figured the wheels and bearings in rollerblades would shred themselves at that kind of speed, but I guess not?

In any case it's giving me a weird sensation like they're not actually moving at all - especially with how effortlessly the one guy seems to move around the truck. He doesn't even appear to lose any speed when he takes his hands off of it entirely.

Off he shelf bearings would probably start vibrating and poo poo themselves, but aftermarket sets can be purchased of much higher qualities. From long ago back when I played roller hockey the difference between cheap bearings and good ones was pretty noticeable.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Even accounting for adrenaline and high pressure, I don't think the guy was as wise in the ways of the gun as he represents himself. It reminds me a lot of a guy I was acquainted with in college who talked himself up as a redneck and a gun expert all the time and got thrown out of a range almost immediately when a bunch of us from class went shooting once, despite having been 'the best marksman in the air force' for the the entire time he served

All this gun talk reminds me of a guy who I knew in our 20's who confessed (wasn't proud, told the story as a warning) of the day he earned his gun license (I think he was in high school). He went home and was hanging out with his girlfriend. At some point, he grabbed his "unloaded" gun and pointed it at her as a joke (?), very thankfully didn't pulled the trigger, pulled the pump, and a bullet was ejected. Immediately dropped the gun and spent some time freaking out.

He was a much more mentally confident adult and told this as huge warning. Not sure if he still had guns when we worked together, but he definitely learned his lesson and took it to heart.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The night shooting does a lot. You can actually count the rotations of the tire so some tire goon can actually say how fast they're going. I imagine not so fast that catastrophic failures are a concern.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Still not much info yet, but there was a trench collapse in Vegas this morning.
Took 5 hours to retrieve the body. :smith:

https://twitter.com/LasVegasFD/status/1509673137150967811

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Uthor posted:

All this gun talk reminds me of a guy who I knew in our 20's who confessed (wasn't proud, told the story as a warning) of the day he earned his gun license (I think he was in high school). He went home and was hanging out with his girlfriend. At some point, he grabbed his "unloaded" gun and pointed it at her as a joke (?), very thankfully didn't pulled the trigger, pulled the pump, and a bullet was ejected. Immediately dropped the gun and spent some time freaking out.

He was a much more mentally confident adult and told this as huge warning. Not sure if he still had guns when we worked together, but he definitely learned his lesson and took it to heart.

So, what happened with the girlfriend

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Unperson_47 posted:

So, what happened with the girlfriend

Not sure! I vaguely remember that he said she didn't realize what was happening. He ended up marrying a nice lady that he met when we were still working together.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bird with big dick posted:

Yeah, for sure, he's an idiot.

Like his first problem was going outside rather than just turning on the porch light or whatever and calling the police.
His second problem was using a 12 gauge for home defense which is loving stupid IMO.
His third problem was racking a round just so he could sound like billy badass in the movies and "ward off the bad guys"
His fourth problem was considering murdering someone over "tools" that he cares so little about that they're just in a pile in his yard.
His fifth problem was (almost certainly) having his figure inside the trigger guard.
And so on and so on.

Not putting the safety back on when you're lowering the firearm is absolutely wrong but in the heat of the moment and when the situation is technically ongoing, eh, it's gonna happen. It's all the other dumb poo poo he did that really caused him to blow his fat dumb leg off imo.

e: this is my favorite line

such a strong, brave, legless manboy moron.

I had someone actually come into my house through an unlocked door and run when I asked who it was. I responded with my gun....still in its holster. Never came out, went back into storage, I locked the door.

I still had goons debating whether I was loving up by not unholstering it and slicing the pie tactically across my entire house because I was "too unsure of myself to unholster my gun" or whether I was loving up by even leaving my room because if I didn't feel it necessary to unholster on the spot then I shouldn't have reacted even to go and lock the door they used.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Mister Speaker posted:

https://gfycat.com/tornfavoritebird

Skateboard wheel vs waterjet (45,000 RPM, approx 288mph) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5I_pPjCtg

edit: how do I inline this gif? help I am dumb

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 1, 2022

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

edit: how do I inline this gif? help I am dumb

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TornFavoriteBird-mobile.mp4

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Mute because Instagram story:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbmjIJYLq74/?utm_medium=copy_link

What the gently caress are these knuckleheads doing

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Mute because Instagram story:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbmjIJYLq74/?utm_medium=copy_link

What the gently caress are these knuckleheads doing

One of the comments says they're breaking up the clumps of dirt looking for jade.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Kerbal Space Program 2 is looking drat good.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol:

EDIT

re: skitching - I dont think they're going that fast, obviously, but also I think they're on a decline. That road must also be in fantastic condition

Vampire Panties fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 1, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/aPXnXIu.mp4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did it all on purpose.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

at first I thought they were skitching in heelies :magical:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Next Grand Tour special looks tight.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I know nothing about this is it safe?

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7081313491503713541

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
hears Nile Red’s voice

“No.”

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

He was sounding awfully nilegreen this time tbh.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I've only just learned about NileRed/Green a few weeks ago, and its the oddest channel. He combines amazing chemistry knowledge... with absolutely terrible knowledge of just about everything else.

Busts out some sick chemistry work, then gets a final product they have to reduce. "How should we get it apart? I know, lets smash it on the the floor and then throw a hammer at it." The bismuth knife was hilarious. We need to make a knife blank for the bismuth to adhere to. Okay, lets make it 10 times too thick, and then we'll spend days filing it down by hand (the end result still being 9 times too thick).

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Nilegreen is not nilered.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ikMEXjWHU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS