Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Wonder if US gets Harvest Moon down the line, and/or Harvest Moon 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mega64 posted:

It's certainly possible.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mega64 posted:

I guess that depends on how the name rights affect things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Probably not.

Harvest Moon is in a real weird rights area. The name belongs to Natsume but the actual franchise doesn't.

The actual games are called Story of Seasons now while the Havest Moon games are their own thing. Even rereleases have the SOS branding.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Harvest Moon 64 came to the Wii U virtual console after the Story of Seasons name change.

So it is possible for both of them to come to SNES & N64 online.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hammer Bro. posted:

He forgot to mention that the maze is also a pinball machine.

I think EWJ1's the better game overall but 2 has some high highlights.

As in the designers were high.

ewj 1 is good too but it also has tube race

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

An Actual Princess posted:

ewj 1 is good too but it also has tube race

Get good scrub

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Did they ever fix Rayman Legends? It's super discounted but I remember it had awful load times at launch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played through it like 2 years ago and didn't notice anything. It's a crazy amount of content for like $7 or whatever it goes on sale for.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
“Story of the Seasons” is a strange name. Sounds like a JRPG. “Harvest Moon” is better.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alan_Shore posted:

Did they ever fix Rayman Legends? It's super discounted but I remember it had awful load times at launch

As I recall, yes, this was fixed

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Rayman, are the mobile games any good out of curiosity?

In any case, they should make another game one day (maybe a new 3D entry this time)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

punk rebel ecks posted:

“Story of the Seasons” is a strange name. Sounds like a JRPG. “Harvest Moon” is better.
Marvelous didn't really have a choice there, they were forced to stop using the Harvest Moon name when they switched NA publishers from Natsume to in-house at XSeed.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
SNES Harvest Moon is a classic but Stardew Valley exists now, so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

It is a literal translation of the Japanese name. I like Harvest Moon better too but Natsume gonna keep milking the name until they go out of business

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bring back SimCity. The classic SNES version, not whatever it is now.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Under what circumstances would/should someone with a perfectly functioning V2/"Red Box" Switch decide to "upgrade" to an OLED?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Morter posted:

Under what circumstances would/should someone with a perfectly functioning V2/"Red Box" Switch decide to "upgrade" to an OLED?

When you have a lot discretionary money to use. And if you play handheld exclusively.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You play primarily handheld, having a second switch would be fun or useful for another person in your household, you can spend the money and not really consider it a big spend, and you want one.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just gonna reiterate here that Kirby is a loving fantastic piece of video game design. Just beat the Final Final Final Boss and I'm still speechless. Just blown away by how good this game is.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

American McGay posted:

Just gonna reiterate here that Kirby is a loving fantastic piece of video game design. Just beat the Final Final Final Boss and I'm still speechless. Just blown away by how good this game is.

Does it get into any cosmic poo poo? I love when Kirby gets cosmic and weird.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

External Organs posted:

Does it get into any cosmic poo poo? I love when Kirby gets cosmic and weird.

Technically yes but not until the very end

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Earthworm Jim 2 still kicks total rear end.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXUN-OT4GT0

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Kirby is cosmic by his very nature so technically Kirby is cosmic from the start of the game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, Psycrow, quit throwing goddamned puppies out the window! :argh:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Morter posted:

You're a part of the 20% of the country/.001% of the world that can afford it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hey, Psycrow, quit throwing goddamned puppies out the window! :argh:

they should learn how to bounce imo

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
In the SNES version of Earthworm Jim 2, on the isometric shooter stage, you could press the select button and it would go into a 3D mode. You needed to have a pair of 3D glasses but it's there.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its strange they picked the snes version and not the genesis version imo

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Might have been that the SNES graphics coprocessor meant that the SNES could handle it while the Genesis couldn't.

Nintendo stays winning.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

They're saving Earth Worm Jim 1 for the Sega CD version.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Earlier in the month I got the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass stuff, then I haven't played my Switch since, it's just been off in its case in my backpack

I turned it on today and found a bunch of games with complete or nearly complete save data on some of the SNES games. Uhhhh is this normal?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tampa Bae posted:

Earlier in the month I got the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass stuff, then I haven't played my Switch since, it's just been off in its case in my backpack

I turned it on today and found a bunch of games with complete or nearly complete save data on some of the SNES games. Uhhhh is this normal?

Yep! Some of the games have that.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

I said come in! posted:

Yep! Some of the games have that.
Why's it like that and how to I get back to the title screens to start fresh saves

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Are you talking about the SP versions? Those are save states that allow people to easily experience different parts of the game.

If you want to play a game normally pick the one without the giant red thing on the cover.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I've played and loved River City Girls. I'm wondering if River City Zero is worth buying if I enjoyed River City Girls?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 1, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ones old as hell (zero) and the other is a remake thats much better

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Commander Keene posted:

Might have been that the SNES graphics coprocessor meant that the SNES could handle it while the Genesis couldn't.

Nintendo stays winning.

the sega genesis ran earthworm jim 1 and 2 better than the snes actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Junkie Disease posted:

Ones old as hell (zero) and the other is a remake thats much better

I guess I should rephrase. I've played and loved River City Girls. I'm wondering if River City Zero is worth buying if I enjoyed RCG?