Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Do we have any idea why they wake up sprawled out on a table?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

I'd honestly guess just for the drama when we see it.

You would think a comfy chair and soft music would be more in line with 'doing it right' and their initial efforts to help people settle in.

The wake-up testing suggests things might go wrong so hard surfaces seem like a bad idea.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been consistently wondering whether...

1. ...Mark's fuckup of the intro protocol is the reason Helly adapted so poorly
2. ...the fuckup was "meant" to happen by his superiors, as Milchick gave him vague instructions and seemed to have the guide opened to the wrong page

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Also looking back, it’s interesting they had a replacement for Petey so quickly. Almost like they knew Petey would be leaving. Or forced him to leave?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Chubby Henparty posted:

I'd honestly guess just for the drama when we see it.

You would think a comfy chair and soft music would be more in line with 'doing it right' and their initial efforts to help people settle in.

The wake-up testing suggests things might go wrong so hard surfaces seem like a bad idea.

Honestly, there's an itty-bitty part of me that hopes Lumon is really a benevolent and on-the-level company that just does this for the sake of drama. I can absolutely see Adam Scott signing up for a 9 week long troll

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they need the traumatic experience to make sure the procedure worked. If you just wake up gently in a comfortable chair, you'll probably be a lot more chilled out. Whereas if you wake up on the table, you start freaking out and you start wracking your brain trying to figure out what's going on. Lumon wants that to happen so they can make sure the innie isn't able to access any outside memories.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Or maybe the procedure was written by a bunch of innie weirdos.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

New episode up, if you wanted to see other outties you’re getting your wish immediately.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

That finale is going to be LIT

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

god even part-time employment is much scarier than you'd think, that 'my life was 107 hours long' speech, jesus

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My first thought of his paintings is how often different professors dumped so hard on using straight tube black paint, especially if you were working in primarily darks or blacks, always giving tips to make the good blacks either mixing your own or glazing contrasting colours to make darker deeper blacks, but also with any "rule" you're meant to break it if you think there's a point to it. Which there is here, tube black paint tying into the visions and fingernails from before and obviously this break room poo poo got burt hosed up without even knowing the whole story

Ahaha the graphic reward for completing a file omg "i... love you" incredible! Better ending than most games i've played in years.

Egg blasphemy!! yes

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 1, 2022

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I need next week’s episode nooooooow.

This is giving me flashbacks to watching Breaking Bad weekly.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Severance: Filth and loving fire until she loving dies

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Every episode is the best episode holy poo poo the waffle party also holy god the immediate realisation that Dylan was going to flip the switch when Mark was with Cobel. That whole sequence was brutal..

Also some quality Ricken in this episode too.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

feels like Outie Helly is wearing a lot of jewels and pretty much has to be at that Lumon execs party they were setting up as Mark leaves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the ominous bass tones when the waffles are revealed, holy moly

:monocle::monocle::monocle:

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 1, 2022

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I went in to tonight's episode thinking it was the finale. I was about to come undone! Thank goodness there is (at least) one more to go.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What does sovig say when she comes up to them at the party, sounds like gibberish to me "the vars kaleefi, mark" thats not anything

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Khanstant posted:

What does sovig say when she comes up to them at the party, sounds like gibberish to me "the vars kaleefi, mark" thats not anything

"Watch for leakies, Mark"

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm still not over the waffle party.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

njsykora posted:

I'm still not over the waffle party.

That dance scene was something of nightmares.

Also, that car rant reminds me of Dennis Reynolds in the suburbs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4rzRCy_XU

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 1, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
car rant reminds me of when anyone ever honks at or near me for any reason

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drat...... that was great. tramell tillman kicks rear end, loved Milchick for how anxious and nervous he was in those early scenes with Cobel

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Ending is such a tease, but...

What the gently caress that was not the waffle party I expected. Characters match the painting outside wellness though. Leads me to believe there is 100% some sort of cult of kier stuff going on.

Ms. Casey/Marks wife living on the lower floors confirmed. Sent back to "Testing" for some reason.

Irving being a painter confirmed (black under finger nails), and why he is seeing black goo - his innie and outie are bleeding through. Twist was his music choice. Irving has seemingly been reset/sent to testing at some point because he paints the hallway and down elevator. Would have to freeze frame his other paintings but they seemed just the hallways on severed floors.

Helly confirmed high level Lumon exec or Eagan family member as she was at the gala.

Good poo poo. Need the finale.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Aye Doc posted:

drat...... that was great. tramell tillman kicks rear end, loved Milchick for how anxious and nervous he was in those early scenes with Cobel

Yeah, I haven't seen that actor in anything else but he absolutely rocking that role.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the most exciting thing about the finale is that Innie Mark is going to get a chance to meet Ricken and be his literal biggest fan

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
haha i thought that was the finale so i was extremely :mad: about how much of a tease it was

note: this also happened with the last episode haha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

eke out posted:

the most exciting thing about the finale is that Innie Mark is going to get a chance to meet Ricken and literally have his book memorized lmao

it's gonna be amazing seeing Mark become an apostle of Jesus Cool Rick.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

eke out posted:

the most exciting thing about the finale is that Innie Mark is going to get a chance to meet Ricken and be his literal biggest fan

haha holy poo poo he's going to be so goddamn sincere when he's up to do the reading of his book, i can't wait

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Khanstant posted:

haha holy poo poo he's going to be so goddamn sincere when he's up to do the reading of his book, i can't wait

also innie mark's mission is to find someone he can trusts and tell the whole thing to lol. i will be angry if this does not prominently feature ricken

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

precision posted:

it's gonna be amazing seeing Mark become an apostle of Jesus Cool Rick.

He's going to become Dead Serious Rick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Y_3Q5YnTc

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Oh god I never even thought about Mark being around Ricken when he wakes up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Where was the scene with Helly at the gala? I flicked through the episode again and couldn’t find it (presuming it happened after she kissed Mark).

Definitely yelled ‘you fuckers’ at the screen when it went to credits and I wasn’t aware of the time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Khanstant posted:

Ahaha the graphic reward for completing a file omg "i... love you" incredible! Better ending than most games i've played in years.
[

I can’t believe they made some kings quest animated cutscene ripoff complete with Kiev flying into the sky sequence lmfao

eke out posted:

feels like Outie Helly is wearing a lot of jewels and pretty much has to be at that Lumon execs party they were setting up as Mark leaves

💯

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Where was the scene with Helly at the gala? I flicked through the episode again and couldn’t find it (presuming it happened after she kissed Mark).

Definitely yelled ‘you fuckers’ at the screen when it went to credits and I wasn’t aware of the time.

it's a single shot in the montage right before he flips the switch and the ep ends

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I love the idea that Irv’s black goo visions are essentially a Tetris effect he’s experiencing because he stays up all night drinking coffee and painting with black goo.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Same, except I thought that was the season finale!

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Mark's going to think his sister is his wife

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So the four dancers at the waffle party definitely symbolize the 4 feelings or whatever from the numbers they refine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
That poor part-time therapist.