Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're not exactly the same, but definitely similar enough that it's clear they updated the loser to try and make it more appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

What gets me is Hunters get those awesome glowing claws and feet and the other two get a glowing Mohawk and an armband. What the poo poo Bungie :argh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The balance is that hunters are fundamentally incapable of having symmetrical shoulder armor.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Still love the titan chest and arms, and will probably vote monster just to get those.

Looking at an entire set is :nono:
Looking at how individual pieces would work in an outfit, :sun:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Coldforge posted:

Still love the titan chest and arms, and will probably vote monster just to get those.

:hai:

making a good and coherent ensemble with no repeating sets and shaders is the apex of fashion

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 31, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
mm hm, mm hm, but have you considered that Look Like Gundam Robot is better than that???

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Monster pros: titan hat, hunter cape
Monster cons: titan pants, I’m a warlock main

Gundam pros and cons: Shinji get in the loving robot

Conclusion: we are already monsters, and we need a mecha at some point because we are gonna kill god

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

They're not exactly the same, but definitely similar enough that it's clear they updated the loser to try and make it more appealing.

The 2020 image also looks like earlier in the creative process, so what probably happened was they came up with a few ideas, started working on all of them, and let the community pick the release order. Next year will be the loser of this year versus something new

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Im bored with nothing to play, i kinda liked playing this on the ps4, would you say its a good thing to get into it at this point? What would i be buying, since expansions on sale, just the first cheapest one good enough to last me for a good amount of time?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The new campaign is the best they've ever done, but after that it's the same destiny it ever was.. too much grinding to try and convince RNG to give you the stuff you want. If you didn't find that fun you won't find it fun now.

The campaign will take an evening or two to finish.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Coldforge posted:

want them arms.

want that chest.

want that mark.

everything else can screw

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
What's a good statline for a Celestial Nighthawk (don't laugh) build for Legendary/Master Lost Sectors? Whatever/Higher/100/Whatever/100/Higher? Inferno Whip would be integral.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roctavian posted:

Gundam pros and cons: Shinji get in the loving robot

Yes, this is the correct take

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I can turn my Warlock into Jehuty or Weltall, my Hunter into EVA02 and my Titan into the RX-72. You bet I am voting Team Mech.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah Destiny is such a diverse game of varying activities, playstyles, and levels of Try Hard. It's hard to balance for everyone or even make content for everyone. My favorite thing is always reading people's ideas of how to "Fix" certain things, especially Gambit

Gambit is, in my opinion, the perfect embodiment of a developer misunderstanding their own game. They see people engaging with all the different modes and think that one mode with the best parts of each thing would be a smash hit. But it turns out that people playing very different activities want different things. It’s like if Bungie owned a ramen joint, then opened up a sushi restaurant on the same street, saw both we’re doing well and so for their third location they started selling bowls of cold raw fish in hot broth.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gambit will always suck because in matches where the game revolves around the invader, it feels like the match is entirely decided by boring encounters that are usually just instantly deleting each other, while in matches where the game doesn't revolve around the invader, you have no direct investment in why one team won vs. the other. looks like they killed their boss faster, if I want to know why that is I uhh guess I can rapidly try to inspect the players on the other team before the lobby closes and get a vague idea of how their equipment contributed to that? oh we killed our boss faster uhh...good job doing that somehow better than whatever they did? it's completely different than crucible where you have an internalized sense of why one team won and the other lost because you're participating in all the fights directly

you're inherently too disconnected from the other team for the mode to be satisfying outside of invasions, but meanwhile there's a red button on the director right next to gambit you can simply click to get invasion gameplay all the time, with fewer instakills

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 1, 2022

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Monsters are fine but mechs rule.

Vote accordinly. Or don't I guess. Your vote after all.

Let me rephrase - monsters are generic but a gundam is a gundam.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Roctavian posted:

Shinji get in the loving robot

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/2QOZ5VP.mp4

:suicide:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine your ghost but with the whining voice of shinji and it complains about everything in every scene. Like shinji.

^^^ oof. bad luck.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress me, Xur's Gnawing Hunger is absolutely disgusting.

Subsistence & AP rounds on DMT.

He on Nessus in a tree.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Welll my trials weapon rotation got absolutely dunked on, haha.

It's Adept Reed's!

Zone Control on Midtown

Expect an OPPRESSIVE number of Renewal Grasp Hunters & Loreley Splendor Titans

Warlocks ... I dunno... throw spicy axions against non-Renewal hunters & switch to Osmiomancy when there's a Renewal Grasp in the lobby?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They're gonna nerf renewal and/or duskfields because of this, aren't they.

:mad:

It doesn't matter if it IS overpowered or not. But if usage rates get too high it's only a matter of time.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Welll my trials weapon rotation got absolutely dunked on, haha.

It's Adept Reed's!

Zone Control on Midtown

Expect an OPPRESSIVE number of Renewal Grasp Hunters & Loreley Splendor Titans

Warlocks ... I dunno... throw spicy axions against non-Renewal hunters & switch to Osmiomancy when there's a Renewal Grasp in the lobby?

Imo capture is going to mean all bubbles and wells

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hackan Slash posted:

Finally, hunters time to shine.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Just saw I had a good Osiomancy yesterday. Tried my first Osimancy PvE build. Infinite grenades/turrets is such a great combo. Yeah my kill numbers were lower than other players in the nightfall but that is because I was busy making sure no enemy could move.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Hackan Slash posted:

Bubble and Renewal Grasps are The Loadout, based on the 9 games I played this morning. Dawnblade (offensive) Warlocks were pretty capable too since they can get into position before the Titan and Hunters!

It's a fun variant of Trials but I'm glad it's not always Zone Control

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
honestly Bungie having Xur sell Oathkeepers today is basically an April Fool's joke.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 22, 2022

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

harrygomm posted:

are any of the xur legendary weapons worth picking up? don’t have time to compare rolls on light.gg this weekend

Gnawing Hunger is good if you don't have better.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
How bad is Vox to do? Got tired of being murdered by that exotic in MoCo and need to do it anyhow but I know I wasn’t fast enough for the timer when I tried to solo it so I may need to get some Goon help on this one.

It’s weird coming back to Destiny and nearly being rank 100 with 50+ days to go. Haven’t done that in a few seasons so that should say how much I’m enjoying the game anyhow. Just need to get Vox and do the raid… and at some point knock out some of the old raids I missed too.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Vox is pretty easy in a group as long as people know what to do. A bit of a challenge but not impossible solo.

A tip is to go left to where you kill the first tank and pick up the drake first and kill the unstoppable and psions there before going inside the base. Saves you having to deal with them later while you're on the timer.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tips for Vox:

you don't have to kill everyone outside the base when the timer starts, boost past them and immediately engage the big tank

you also don't have to kill everyone that drops up there after you get the drake, kill the thresher with the cannon and then use missiles to kill as many adds as possible but you should be driving towards the exit the whole time and forget about anyone you miss

in the second area, killing the 2 big tanks unlocks the drake spawner and killing the psions turns off the artillery. but you don't need to do either of those things to start working on the towers, if you see a chance to take a shot at a generator go for it

once you get into the base and the timer restarts, again the only things you need to kill are the 3 psions in the control rooms. obviously kill anything that makes itself a problem but you can save a few seconds by not clearing every room

for the boss I would usually kill with a combination of lasting impression rockets and glaive stunlocking, since it doesn't seem to have a stomp. I haven't tried this since glaive stun was nerfed so that may not work any more. either way your biggest worry is the turrets that spawn on the center platform whenever it ends a dps phase

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

xzzy posted:

The new campaign is the best they've ever done, but after that it's the same destiny it ever was.. too much grinding to try and convince RNG to give you the stuff you want. If you didn't find that fun you won't find it fun now.

The campaign will take an evening or two to finish.

100% in this boat.

Absolutely LOVED the campaign.

Finished it, did like 2 days of playing before grasping the sheer volume of grind involved in crafting.

Gave up and haven't played since.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It also feels like they underestimated how long people would take to burn through the campaign & post campaign quests, and also mistimed the seasonal stuff.

With Beyond Light there were too many complaints about how long the post campaign unlocks took with the Hunt content they were supposed to be doing at the same time. So they said Risen would be a shorter season because of this. But then they frontloaded all of the story in the few weeks when everyone was also burning through the Witch Queen stuff, and now everyone's finished both and is griping about having nothing to do except ballache busywork like seasonal challenges to run gambit over and over.

What they should have done was make the weekly quests in the first 2/3 weeks quick & easy stuff (or stuff you were also likely to get doing the Witch Queen content). Leave out the major revelations, and then after 2/3 weeks, start the gradual buildup to Crow's psychic oopsie and Saladman joining the war council.

The seasons are 3 months long, it's dumb that they frontload everything and then you have 2 months of no story.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

and now everyone's finished both and is griping about having nothing to do except ballache busywork like seasonal challenges to run gambit over and over.

Is this happening? I don't know if I have my finger on the pulse of the (mythical?) Casual Destiny Player but it sure seems like there's a LOT to do each week for the rest of the season!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I guess there are a lot of repeatables to get your light levels up, but in terms of story stuff, no. Even the seasonal lore books are all done & dusted.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I guess there are a lot of repeatables to get your light levels up, but in terms of story stuff, no. Even the seasonal lore books are all done & dusted.

I think bungie views the Campaign as like, the prologue to a new expansion, and doesn't think it'll be the hook for more than the first few days or week of a new year.

But, no kidding, the seasonal plot line being wrapped up in the first 4 weeks was not expected! Maybe a reaction to last season's 5 month break in the action??

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I was thinking that Bungie would perhaps sprinkle some twists or mini missions during this season, due to how fast everything unlocked but it's really starting to look like this is what we get. Since I don't give a drat about the Guardian games it will be one slow wait for the next season..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But, no kidding, the seasonal plot line being wrapped up in the first 4 weeks was not expected! Maybe a reaction to last season's 5 month break in the action??
That's what I mean, the main complaint about Hunt was that everyone was trying to get it done at the same time as BL. So this time round they released a shorter season, but then had the bulk of it running at the same time everyone was trying to get the WQ stuff done. So you have the same problem as last time with an additional content drought afterwards.