Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh jeez, I missed three days! But it turns out I got out of sync with GoComics again, so I guess it works out.

Bad Machinery

Basically everything Lottie does here is a reference to a classic pool safety poster that was appended to the original strip. And Alllison did his own Lottified version, if you want a copy.

Okay this is the strip where I started following on the last go-round.

Lottie remains the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

MockingQuantum posted:

I am continually amazed how many distinct and genuinely funny comics Andertoons has managed to build around a line graph and a boardroom table

Yeah. It's weird. I feel like it's some kind of a... Hackney comic situation, like two guys on a desert island, but I can't think of another comic which did it?

Also, this Bad Machinery is one of the best, if not the best.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll spare you my Oh Baby photoshop phriday entry, but I just had to use the Poncho knife image so...

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

There are actually three horrible comics that I know of featuring unborn fetuses -- Oh Baby!, Eggbert, and Umberto the Unborn.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

FINALLY ive waited so long you go lottie

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I didn't even notice the absolutely scandalized Mildred in the sixth panel before now.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Then maybe--and this may seem like a crazy suggestion, but bear with me--you could talk to school management first and explain the situation!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

I love how Hector's lunch escalates in each passing panel.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

Gol dangit this is such a good strip.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The_Other posted:

That wraps up the Giant Days x Batman crossover. What are the thread's thoughts?

Honestly, I wasn't so hot on it. There wasn't much of a conflict, there wasn't much of a conclusion, and it was over before it could get interesting.

It was neat seeing Batman, I guess?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

The_Other posted:

That wraps up the Giant Days x Batman crossover. What are the thread's thoughts? The Giant Days series is definitely different from Allison's other works, lacking any supernatural or mystery elements and instead focusing on the day-to-day lives of the main cast during their university years. I do think that it might have worked better if the story was a little longer and there was more opportunities for the two casts to interact.

It was enjoyable, but I can't help but feel like it should have been a Bad Machinery crossover instead. Yes, I realise I'm just asking for a British Gotham Academy, but I think that would have solved the issue with the casts not really interacting. Of course the Mystery Teens would get involved in snooker crime.

Lottie and Maps could probably have some fascinating conversations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Then maybe--and this may seem like a crazy suggestion, but bear with me--you could talk to school management first and explain the situation!
Maybe she should check with her retired neighbor first.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! April 12, 1919

Outbursts of Everett True April 12, 1919

Cat Tales March 19, 1925

Oaky Doaks September 22, 1936

Mopsy November 30, 1937

Up Front February 28, 1945

Bootsie’s Big ‘50s

So It Seems June 11, 1952

Those Were the Days October 8, 1959

Wee Pals June 14, 1966

Dogbert February 21, 1967

Maslovo
Oct 12, 2016

RandomPauI posted:

I'll spare you my Oh Baby photoshop phriday entry, but I just had to use the Poncho knife image so...

Longtime readers may remember that Pooch Cafe did a story line about Poncho's first year of life, and it started with a weeks worth of strips inside a dogs uterus.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Rootless Market
timg'd for "comedic" groping

Night Visitors

Monya the Grey: Start chapter 4!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (July 4, 1934)

Peanuts (April 3, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean

It's the second time post-Lisa's Story that he's retold this particular yarn.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (October 31, 1938)

Out Our Way (June 27-29, 1938)

Toonerville Folks (December 2-4, 1918)

Dok's "I'd Say Donald Never Saw One Like This, But Yeah, He Has. Multiple Times." Duck (January 11, 1914; spoilered for the same reason as the last time.)

Little Lefty (April 9-12, 1936)

Blondie (From Zero) (October 12-14, 1931)

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Tbh if I was her coworker I'd be concerned about her sitting privately and playing frisbee with a young male student, especially if she made no effort to clarify.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 6/14-16/48

Got to admit, "hello, slaves" is a strong opener.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Big Nate Year 1 (Feb 14-15, 1991)

Old School Peanuts (Jun 16, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 27-28, 1990)

No Blind Alley today

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Hello everyone! Well, after Blueberry's last misadventure, we start of our next story in a very unpleasant place, because today: Blueberry seems a little thin in the skin, as it were, or We meet the new villain of the piece, I think, or I'm glad to see that the tradition of prisoner well-being is as high-standard as it was in the past as it is today

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

"Anung un rama..."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Schwarzwald posted:

Honestly, I wasn't so hot on it. There wasn't much of a conflict, there wasn't much of a conclusion, and it was over before it could get interesting.

It was neat seeing Batman, I guess?
:same:

It feels like it did the Mark Trail thing where there was a possibly interesting premise, but the person writing it had no idea how to connect it to a conclusion, so the conclusion just kind of happens all of a sudden.

2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

Elsewhere: Gee, I hope someone ends up doing something about this "Scientology" thing eventually!

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

Computoon: Origins

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

I love that there's a whole visual gag that's not remarked upon by the joke of the text. :D

Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

:rubby:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 24, 2000)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Guindon

Gahan

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I didn't even notice the absolutely scandalized Mildred in the sixth panel before now.

Also, judging by the swimming cap that's Shauna Lottie's confirming isn't a witch in panel 4. Like friends do.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Luann

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Allison posted the "cover" for the Lottie story starting next Monday;

John Allison posted:

A new story starts on Monday, the SOLVER 2022 SPRING SPECIAL. I had a big Charlotte story worked out called The Great British Bump-Off, but I got cold feet about it. It was too long and complicated to serialise on the web, so it has been kicked into the longest available grass. What takes its place is a 22-page story assembled from the ideas I had at the top of my head the day after I threw out the Bump-Off. Under the circumstances, I think it has come out well.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: driving lessons (June 27 - July 3, 2006)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

For anyone who doesn't get the first one, Fred Silverman was a well-known TV producer back in the 70s.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/31/02

Brenda Starr 6/17-19/48

Smokey Stover 1/26/47

Everyday Movies 12/31/34

"Happy New Year, my eye, you've got the wrong number."

Bonus Movie Ad! I just really like this title.

IMDB says "Scudda-Hoo! Scudda-Hay!" was the screen debut of some minor-league starlet named Marilyn Monroe. She gets one line.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Guindon

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: driving lessons (June 30, 2006)

Considering they have the same level of technology that we do, you would think these animal people would do a better job of keeping clean. Although since the parasites are intelligent too, maybe it's some kind of deal. Do they pay rent? (That would only make it more gross since it makes Fiona a landlord)

Selachian posted:

Bonus Movie Ad! I just really like this title.

IMDB says "Scudda-Hoo! Scudda-Hay!" was the screen debut of some minor-league starlet named Marilyn Monroe. She gets one line.

Neat :)

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 16, 1950)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

HOW OLD ARE THESE TWO?! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT SOMEONE CONFIRM THEIR AGES TO ME RIGHT loving NOW.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave holyshit i can't breath, the timing on this strip, holy cow

Curtis

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

what year of school are these kids in. how old are they.

Vargo posted:

HOW OLD ARE THESE TWO?! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT SOMEONE CONFIRM THEIR AGES TO ME RIGHT loving NOW.
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why is Curtis' dad just sitting there making a threatening fist at dinner?

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also, judging by the swimming cap that's Shauna Lottie's confirming isn't a witch in panel 4. Like friends do.

:allears:

This strip is the gift that keeps on giving.