Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

First thing Radcliffe did after Harry Potter was Equus, ie a justified reason to show hog onstage

He has a powerful wand indeed, we can expect him to do great things with it. Terrible, yes, but great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mantis42 posted:

He has a powerful wand indeed, we can expect him to do great things with it. Terrible, yes, but great.

chapter 3 of your first book and saying wizard hitler did great things was a lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"You've seen this dick before?"
"Of course, it's the same one that gave you your scar."

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

excited for the new adult swim animated horror thing theyre teasing

https://twitter.com/adultswim/status/1509753904900321302?cxt=HHwWrMC9_a3L3PMpAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btu0O47u3rY

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Barbera never wanted this!

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol that a generation ago this was a right wing talking point and now its woke somehow

also thread title plz

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

He should investigate why they don't give Michelin stars to McDonalds even though that's clearly what people want to eat.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
lol thats trevor noah now? wtf

but hes not wrong, but also not anything new that wasnt said like every year for the past 30 years.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Why are the girls so much more attrative than the guys?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Adult Swim April Fool's always delivers. I love glitch horror poo poo.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

turning my head full lock every 5 seconds to make it clear this ones for the right AND the left

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

imagine thinking something like the kings speech is a vegetable. a slightly different flavor doritos

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

and how is it that crazy frog has not ONE. SINGLE. GRAMMY??

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Breakfast All Day posted:

imagine thinking something like the kings speech is a vegetable. a slightly different flavor doritos

Cool Ranch is a salad dressing flavor, so Cool Ranch Doritos are vegetables.

I'm still wondering how bad the other Daily Show host candidates were where Trevor Noah ended up being the best option.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Y'all are watching Severance, right?

BeckySucrose
Mar 1, 2022

Nonsense posted:

Joe Barbera never wanted this!

Nah man, Zalgo was Shmorky's idea.

"Neo-Leninists are the real transphobes."

BeckySucrose has issued a correction as of 13:54 on Apr 1, 2022

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lib and let die posted:

I watch lots of reruns of impractical jokers. Sue me. :colbert:

I'm excited to see the new IJ episode special with Eric Andre.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Femur posted:

Why are the girls so much more attrative than the guys?

There's a lot of girls who LOVE Leto and will see movies just cus he's in them. Interesting confluence between them and Marvel/"I love vampires/werewolves" guys

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

I watch lots of reruns of impractical jokers. Sue me. :colbert:

Joe Biden could unite the country if he legalized weed and made the Impractical Jokers the poets laureate of the USA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Joe Biden could unite the country if he legalized weed and made the Impractical Jokers the poets laureate of the USA

he can even reach across they isle by saying he loves Q without elaborating on what he means!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm excited to see the new IJ episode special with Eric Andre.

there's a part somewhere inside of me that's anxiously awaiting him doing something so insane that the jokers are just completely thrown off their game. some real adult swim eric andre show weird poo poo

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

smh that fishman erotica has been consigned to the status of “vegetables”

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What is a "vegetables movie"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

didn't the 2022 Best Picture nominees include a psychological thriller, an adaptation of a beloved science-fiction classic, and loving West Side Story

Hell, Coda is also a musical

what is he complaining about, is it just that none of them were cartoons or superhero movies or what

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im so fuckin sick of these hollywood elites nominating veggie tales every year

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/Robert_E_Kelly/status/1509880764003143684

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

What is a "vegetables movie"

it doesn't gots explosions and cars whipping around going whoooosssshsh vrrrrrrrrrr rRRRRRRRRRRR and then the rock looks in the camera all badass and he's like "let's move, lock and load" KABOOOM

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Oh is it like its boring but good for your health like eating broccoli instead of cake i didn't watch the clip

Thats kind of a dumb metaphor no movie is good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

things explode in Dune but they don't quip or banter so YAAAAWN why even bother

the characters sing and dance in West Side Story, but, they're played by people with cameras pointed at them rather than being CGI renders??? no thank you, pizza party pizza party pizza party

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

things explode in Dune but they don't quip or banter so YAAAAWN why even bother

the characters sing and dance in West Side Story, but, they're played by people with cameras pointed at them rather than being CGI renders??? no thank you, pizza party pizza party pizza party

lol he called West Side Story a 'vegetables' movie? The loving musical that climaxes with a gang brawl?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm still wondering how bad the other Daily Show host candidates were where Trevor Noah ended up being the best option.

Or worse, the other candidates were amazing but they weren't milquetoast enough to meet Stewart's standards, so they weren't picked.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's like the distinction between "literature" and genre fiction
which for the most part is entirely loving arbitrary and driven by marketing that says "this is serious work you have to contemplate it"

Argo, Return of the King, Gladiator, loving Titanic won best picture

Like once ever it went to a movie that required you to read subtitles ooh stop my brain hurts

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

lol he called West Side Story a 'vegetables' movie? The loving musical that climaxes with a gang brawl?

Not by name, he just had the same generic complaint about Best Picture nominees that people have had every year for decades despite the fact that this year's crop was actually about half mass-market stuff

It's equally possible that he just didn't bother looking up what the nominees even were this year, or that he's that much of a manbaby that he unironically thinks West Side Story is too highbrow

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also does The Daily Show not have a studio audience for COVID reasons or were they all just watching Trevor Noah's monologue in stony silence

I'd believe either one because it wasn't funny

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

Not by name, he just had the same generic complaint about Best Picture nominees that people have had every year for decades despite the fact that this year's crop was actually about half mass-market stuff

nominees in just the past few years have included:
Ford v Ferrari
Jojo Rabbit
Joker
Little WOmen
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
A Star Is Born
Get Out
Dunkirk
Lady Bird

all of which are very accessible and performed highly (in case of jojo rabbit and lady bird, relative to their budget) at the box office

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I followed Stewart's Daily Show religiously, and when Trevor Noah was selected, he had a small handful of appearances that seemed to be good at the time. He was a special contributor, not a regular correspondent. (I recall people sharing Noah's first segment for Stewart on Facebook and stuff.)

John Oliver already had his own show. Jessica Williams (who mysteriously vanished after budding up with JK Rowling) made a lot of noise over how she didn't want the job. Trevor Noah already had his own TV show back in South Africa, which means he had the best resume for someone who was also pretty young. I didn't get the vibe Stewart offered major input in Noah's selection; besides wishing him good luck once he got it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They literally just don't want to even hear about anything but the mass-market slop that they want poured into every orifice

Read No Other Books. Ban All Other Books.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

I followed Stewart's Daily Show religiously, and when Trevor Noah was selected, he had a small handful of appearances that seemed to be good at the time. He was a special contributor, not a regular correspondent. (I recall people sharing Noah's first segment for Stewart on Facebook and stuff.)

John Oliver already had his own show. Jessica Williams (who mysteriously vanished after budding up with JK Rowling) made a lot of noise over how she didn't want the job. Trevor Noah already had his own TV show back in South Africa, which means he had the best resume for someone who was also pretty young. I didn't get the vibe Stewart offered major input in Noah's selection; besides wishing him good luck once he got it.

And then there's Full Frontal. :barf:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lib and let die posted:

there's a part somewhere inside of me that's anxiously awaiting him doing something so insane that the jokers are just completely thrown off their game. some real adult swim eric andre show weird poo poo

lol. I'm looking forward to Eric making Sal puke multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904775726436356
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904778574417922
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904780818325508
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904783213277234
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904785658499072
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904787944488964
https://mobile.twitter.com/abigaildisney/status/1509904790171656198