Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Big Waffle are hiding the truth that you can make and eat pancakes any day of the year. Withdraw your consent from this nonce's holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Plandemic, the big conspiracy theory about how covid is a sinister plot to... Do something. Wake up, sheeple!

Ah, gotcha. It was the shake up maple I couldn't work out.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s like he’s on a tour this morning telling us the many ways that Labour won’t help us, bizarre

https://twitter.com/saulstaniforth/status/1509783686094503939?s=21&t=C3XW-7U9ZPdYYu-Xpz-3pQ

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
Minor disaster for the CPB as they somehow forget to submit nomination papers for 3/4 of their council candidates for the Scottish local elections.

https://twitter.com/cdbeaton/status/1509867494038818848

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

hand-fed baby bird posted:

I’m sad that they’re now considered dad music but really glad you pointed this out. Cheers.

Dads, dads, dads! Cheers Forkboy, good spot. Now wondering if I know you due to the number of Manic Street Preachers gigs I've attended in Scotland. Last one would have been more than 10 years ago min.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
“get the Tories out” sounds good but then you realise that you need to replace them with someone better and, well, *gestures at the current shitshow that is the Labour party*

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Julio Cruz posted:

“get the Tories out” sounds good but then you realise that you need to replace them with someone better and, well, *gestures at the current shitshow that is the Labour party*

Yeah, exactly.

I genuinely don't think Keith and his lot would be doing anything any differently.

Like, he's out there today telling everyone exactly who he is and what he thinks. He wouldn't lift a finger to help with the cost of living crisis. He wouldn't lift a finger to deal with covid running rampant. He wouldn't do anything (except maybe further pursue internecine warfare)

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 1, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1509884809354653699?t=d5n3_Y1rrcfZ1kecQgUAPg&s=19

I'm sure the usual handwringers will be out in force decrying this call to violence.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 1, 2022

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Plandemic, the big conspiracy theory about how covid is a sinister plot to... Do something. Wake up, sheeple!

1 make you stay at home and spend way way less money
2 ...
3 profit!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

jiggerypokery posted:

1 make you stay at home and spend way way less money
2 ...
3 profit!
4 oh no you made the money sad, back to the office!
5 the correct people profit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hand-fed baby bird posted:

I’m sad that they’re now considered dad music but really glad you pointed this out. Cheers.

I think I first heard them called dad music when If You Tolerate This came out so they were probably only early 30s when that happened. And despite liking a lot of it, I do think it's not necessarily that unfair a description of them post Holy Bible.

I enjoyed when they did Your Love Alone Is Not Enough even if James isn't necessarily equipped to sing Nina's lines, it's a nice song.

I do wish they'd do more stuff from Gold For The Soul live though, I get it was maligned at release but so was Pinkerton & now everyone acknowledges it as great, & GFTS has a lot of great tunes on it.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1509884809354653699?t=d5n3_Y1rrcfZ1kecQgUAPg&s=19

I'm sure the usual handwringers will be out in force decrying this call to violence.

lol that lasted long before it was deleted.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hi fellow CSPAM posters.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Googling for moderate reformist ways to remove the monarchy, disestablish the church, scrap the lords, and establish a commons.

Guess this explains kieth

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Manics became dadrock the moment Design for Life dropped, or more accurately, when Richey Edwards dropped from that bridge.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Christ watching that sack of steamed ham attempt to middle management his way out of saying anything constructive or helpful in case he offends a potential voter is just so... so... gently caress I don't even know. It's all just so hopeless sometimes.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

lol that lasted long before it was deleted.

Weak. Sad.

(my monitor is on)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lol did the vague call for revolution get deleted but not the specific demand to drag Boris out by his ears? Twitter moderation is weird.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Necrothatcher posted:

Hi fellow CSPAM posters.

Yes, I was just going to comment on that. Clicked my usual link and it came up CSPAM thought it was a glitch in my google!

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

lol did the vague call for revolution get deleted but not the specific demand to drag Boris out by his ears? Twitter moderation is weird.

Revolutions hurt Jack Dorsey's bottom line.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Oh if anyone is looking for cheap bug screens that are also cat proof I can highly recommend flat cats. They're a velcro fitted screen that can be sized to order and honestly are pretty decent. I've actually got them on all my windows and conservatory doors.

As Jaeluni said though they are an adhesive which will be a pain to remove depending on your windows, but it's a lot less damage than any other fixing method. I've got PVC frames around mine so it's not that much of a bother as a bit of acetone did the trick. We buy it in bulk because the partner likes gel nails. They also last about 1.5 years before you might need to replace the adhesive which I've just done today!

E: can someone explain what exactly c-spam is and why everyone in D&D and C-spam seem to get probated repeatedly for referencing duplicate threads in the other forum? I only really post in here and lurk in PYF because the internet is scary and you guys are all good eggs who eat the right kind of monster munch.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 1, 2022

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mebh posted:

Oh if anyone is looking for cheap bug screens that are also cat proof I can highly recommend flat cats. They're a velcro fitted screen that can be sized to order and honestly are pretty decent. I've actually got them on all my windows and conservatory doors.

As Jaeluni said though they are an adhesive which will be a pain to remove depending on your windows, but it's a lot less damage than any other fixing method. I've got PVC frames around mine so it's not that much of a bother as a bit of acetone did the trick. We buy it in bulk because the partner likes gel nails. They also last about 1.5 years before you might need to replace the adhesive which I've just done today!

E: can someone explain what exactly c-spam is and why everyone in D&D and C-spam seem to get probated repeatedly for referencing duplicate threads in the other forum? I only really post in here and lurk in PYF because the internet is scary and you guys are all good eggs who eat the right kind of monster munch.

In D&D, if someone's being tedious and boring, you have to reply to their argument.

In C-SPAM you can roast them.

That's the difference.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

The other one (currently name Will's Skullet) is now under D&D?
Why have they swapped over, anyone got an well-informed opinion? Or even actual knowledge?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Why have they swapped over, anyone got an well-informed opinion? Or even actual knowledge?

The moderators are not very funny.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Correction to my post above. White spirit not acetone!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

D&D has been renamed CSPAM and CSPAM has been renamed D&D as an April Fool's Joke

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

D&D has been renamed CSPAM and CSPAM has been renamed D&D as an April Fool's Joke

Oh I see. But I thought April Fools were supposed to be all over by noon else it's fool on the fooler.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's still April Fools in America.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

It's past midday though

Silly Americans

e:f,b

Silly me

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Oh I see. But I thought April Fools were supposed to be all over by noon else it's fool on the fooler.

they're yanks innit

EFB I guess the fool is me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

endlessmonotony posted:

The moderators are not very funny.

It's this.

Mebh posted:

Traditionally inter-sub forum slap fights are discouraged, & D&D and CSPAM snipe at each other because D&D is very decorum poisoned & CSPAM has some real feaks in among some very funny & also informative posters. Plus usual liberal vs leftist nonsense. UKMT honestly has more of a CSPAM vibe in that for as long as I've been reading it you tend to find idiots getting told to gently caress off a lot quite bluntly because there's acknowledgement that engaging in the substance of a trolling post is a waste of everyone's times.

The CSPAM vibe is very much "lol we are hosed so bad", but I think some of the faster moving threads (Trump thread, U/R war, probably some others I don't look at) get very weird & not necessarily the good kind of weird, but that's goons for you.

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's still April Fools in America.

Also Yanks don't seem to follow the "the bad gags stop at midday" rule from what I've seen.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They generally do not stop the bad gags all year round in my experience.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

UKMT honestly has more of a CSPAM vibe in that for as long as I've been reading it you tend to find idiots getting told to gently caress off a lot quite bluntly because there's acknowledgement that engaging in the substance of a trolling post is a waste of everyone's times.

Yeah UKMT is essentially the only non-insufferable thread in D&D for this reason, and I'm glad that by and large the mods have kept their hands off it

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
I would bet that Labour strategy is to mimic "Trump bad" without caring that media criticism of Boris is mild compared to that of Trump in the US, that Biden barely won, and that Biden actually had some good policies in his campaign.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Did the UKMT not originally start on LF making it the strongest claimant to definitive SA UK leftist poo poo posting thread?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

domhal posted:

I would bet that Labour strategy is to mimic "Trump bad" without caring that media criticism of Boris is mild compared to that of Trump in the US, that Biden barely won, and that Biden actually had some good policies in his campaign.

And the Dems are literally the only other choice in the US.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

keep punching joe posted:

Did the UKMT not originally start on LF making it the strongest claimant to definitive SA UK leftist poo poo posting thread?

Yeah, there used to be a lot more (L)Mao-posting and all sorts.

We've definitely mellowed over the years.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Mebh posted:

Christ watching that sack of steamed ham attempt to middle management his way out of saying anything constructive or helpful in case he offends a potential voter is just so... so... gently caress I don't even know. It's all just so hopeless sometimes.

We're right back in that post-2010 situation where there's a Tory government that nobody likes that much but a Labour opposition that exists for the purpose of standing for absolutely nothing and... Yep, it's pretty hopeless. I don't know what my point is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At least Ed stood for one, maybe one and a half, things.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ed at least had the courage to take those vague and slightly racist policies, and carve them into stone.

Does Keith have a stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kidney stone possibly.