Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

refleks posted:

Whiny tech youtuber and *SMALL BUSINESS OWNER* with bad opinions. He would fit right in here.

as a small business owner, although with good opinions, i agree.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Egg Moron posted:

Bottas all like "I think you will find that this wine is uhh, pretty good"

"Toto Vasseur, my wine is not aerating."

I had no idea who Alfa Romeo's principal was until just now.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Anus Tech Tips.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

now that's a YouTube channel I would click like and subscribe for

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anus Tech Tips.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Anus Tech Tips.

Anus Tech Tips - with Mike Krack

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aphex- posted:

Anus Tech Tips - with Mike Krack

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
drat good posts ITT

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

West. I'm currently trying to knife fight several Vancouver landlords over leasing terms

The original idea was Kelowna since I spent half my time there growing up but the rent there is loving stupid and if I'm going to go stupid I'm not going half measure

Yikes. If you’re going to make a mistake, might as well make a big one.

It’s not just the housing prices that are high here, it’s everything: food, gas, insurance, practically everything here is more expensive than the rest of Canada lately. Because of this violent crime has skyrocketed in Vancouver over the last few years and the VPD is basically useless so I don’t see that changing anytime soon. You should be mostly fine unless you’re a single woman in yoga pants, but the rising homeless population is getting more bold.

Public transit is good enough that you can live in any of the cities west of the Fraser river and be Vancouver adjacent. The further east of the Fraser river you go generally the more conservative people get. All of the lifted truck, flag waving, freedumb assholes are from Langley, Abbotsford and east. However, prices in Vancouver are so high that there are a lot of Vancouver young families have been moving to Surrey and Langley just because they’ve been priced out of the market.

The extremely changeable weather you’re used to in Alberta doesn’t exist out here. Once it starts raining it’s going to rain all day, maybe all week. This time of year it’s overcast pretty much all the time. It’ll clear up around May or June and then start to get swelteringly hot for the rest of the summer. Summer is a good time though, there is tons to do and the views are great

The only kart track I know of is WCKC in Chilliwack. It’s mostly LO206 but a fair number of guys run Rotax engines as well. I’ve heard that Mission raceway has a karting track, though I’ve never actually seen it. Mission is a street and strip track so all sorts of racing happens there. Kind of a pain in the rear end to get to though.

refleks posted:

isnt that where Linus Tech Tips is located? Are you Linus from Linus Tech Tips?

Fun story: I used to work in the building across the street from Linus Media Group. There are a lot of high end BMW’s and Audi’s parked out front.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That is all very good advice but I want to make some stupid decisions at this point in my life and if I do something I go whole hog with it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

It’s not just the housing prices that are high here, it’s everything: food, gas, insurance, practically everything here is more expensive than the rest of Canada lately. Because of this violent crime has skyrocketed in Vancouver over the last few years and the VPD is basically useless so I don’t see that changing anytime soon. You should be mostly fine unless you’re a single woman in yoga pants, but the rising homeless population is getting more bold.

Public transit is good enough that you can live in any of the cities west of the Fraser river and be Vancouver adjacent. The further east of the Fraser river you go generally the more conservative people get. All of the lifted truck, flag waving, freedumb assholes are from Langley, Abbotsford and east. However, prices in Vancouver are so high that there are a lot of Vancouver young families have been moving to Surrey and Langley just because they’ve been priced out of the market.

The extremely changeable weather you’re used to in Alberta doesn’t exist out here. Once it starts raining it’s going to rain all day, maybe all week. This time of year it’s overcast pretty much all the time. It’ll clear up around May or June and then start to get swelteringly hot for the rest of the summer. Summer is a good time though, there is tons to do and the views are great

The only kart track I know of is WCKC in Chilliwack. It’s mostly LO206 but a fair number of guys run Rotax engines as well. I’ve heard that Mission raceway has a karting track, though I’ve never actually seen it. Mission is a street and strip track so all sorts of racing happens there. Kind of a pain in the rear end to get to though.

Fun story: I used to work in the building across the street from Linus Media Group. There are a lot of high end BMW’s and Audi’s parked out front.

How many Teslas

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
If I wanted to go whole hog on a stupid decision I'd move to Spain or France or something where I didn't speak the language and it was too far to go back home.

Not trying to deter you, Vancouver is a very nice place to live. It's just really loving expensive. I hope you enjoy it.

net work error posted:

How many Teslas

SO MANY TESLAS. It's honestly like every 3rd car.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Despite this surely being an April Fool's thing, I hope he keeps that 'stache. I was disappointed a year or two ago when Vettel got rid of his before the season started.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

If I wanted to go whole hog on a stupid decision I'd move to Spain or France or something where I didn't speak the language and it was too far to go back home.

Not trying to deter you, Vancouver is a very nice place to live. It's just really loving expensive. I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah that was my original idea (Was angling to find some US remote work then gently caress off to Hawaii) but the job I have right now is pretty cushy and lets me work anywhere in Canada.

I'm pretty sure I will but I'm thinking of it as a year trial experiment either way. Its definitely going to be more expensive than Calgary but from what I've looked at its manageable and won't really compromise my lifestyle so I'm going for it.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
Glad our boys in the papaya had this week off to rectify their car. They’re just making it suit ar Dan.

Interesting that sir Lewis got dominated by his second driver last week, must be a long game.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

"The car that has possibly the best downforce capability is the car that is suffering the most porpoising."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCerqccJWfM&t=212s

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

ArmZ posted:

"The car that has possibly the best downforce capability is the car that is suffering the most porpoising."
Sounds like Sir Lewis Ham8lton to me

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Valtteri - its James, we're going to need you to switch positions with Lewis and provide him the vineyard.

Ugh - this was bad - please workshop it for me thread.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Valtteri - its James, we're going to need you to switch positions with Lewis and provide him the vineyard.

Sab0921 - we’re going wine tasting.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

box box wine whine

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

italian quid posted:

now that's a YouTube channel I would click like and subscribe for

The world is your butthole, make it happen

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sab0921 posted:

"Valtteri, box box, we're going to retire your career."

P.S. "Get inebriated, Lewis!"

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

box box wine whine

Franzia? We talking box and wines over here?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

You don't mention the local KFC situation at all in this area review.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

of course there is. loving tech nerds who want to janitor their piece of poo poo cars

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

refleks posted:

of course there is. loving tech nerds who want to janitor their piece of poo poo cars

I like my tesla. I like not paying a dime for gasoline. Free travel is nice!

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Moon LLC posted:

Interesting that sir Lewis got dominated by his second driver last week, must be a long game.

it's a marathon, not a sprint

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cimber posted:

I like my tesla. I like not paying a dime for gasoline. Free travel is nice!

:thunk:

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

and i paid for it in bitcoin after I mined a bunch.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I love cars with lovely build quality too that's why I drove a 30 year old VW Scirocco for 5 years

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

italian quid posted:

I love cars with lovely build quality too that's why I drove a 30 year old VW Scirocco for 5 years

hey, my roof hasn't fallen off yet!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gas is getting expensive enough that whether or not it uses gas is part of build quality now

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tesla doesn’t go vroom. not a real car.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sab0921 posted:

*Toto holding a glass of red wine* "No Michael this is not white!"

sorry

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

ArmZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCerqccJWfM&t=212s

Love a good April fools joke.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cimber posted:

hey, my roof hasn't fallen off yet!

Personally don't really have a huge opinion on Tesla other than the CEO is a nut job (and if he's the reason you're driving one then you probably are too) and their build quality gives 1970s American cars a run for their money. My friend drives one and the panel gaps on it looked better after it got rear ended lol

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I like driving a car that makes glorious fart noises and looks like a massive cod piece and a I don't give a solitary gently caress about the price of fuel.

That being said, BEVs looks cool and power to anybody for pioneering that interesting technology. It's unquestionably the future.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Theophany posted:

I like driving a car that makes glorious fart noises and looks like a massive cod piece and a I don't give a solitary gently caress about the price of fuel.

That being said, BEVs looks cool and power to anybody for pioneering that interesting technology. It's unquestionably the future.

Having solar panels on my house makes it worthwhile TBH. Plug in when I get home, don't pay a dime for electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I like driving lovely tiny hatchbacks myself and dinky rear end sports bikes. That said if that GR Corolla is real and the price is right I might be interested