Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
thanks to byob i combined both and made it through the day!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I'm not really complaining about it because this place does listen to me and treats me pretty fairly but man... it's amazing how many times at this point in my career I've had to have the "You can TECHNICALLY add any fruit you want to a beer, but the finished product is not going to taste like the juice of that fruit only boozy. Also it cannot contain processed sugar." talk.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
ya boi just got bromoted to el honcho grande :yaybutt:

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Dr. Honked posted:

:dance:

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm not really complaining about it because this place does listen to me and treats me pretty fairly but man... it's amazing how many times at this point in my career I've had to have the "You can TECHNICALLY add any fruit you want to a beer, but the finished product is not going to taste like the juice of that fruit only boozy. Also it cannot contain processed sugar." talk.

Here is a handy cheat sheet I have made for your boss (it is royalty free and under GPL):

fruit juice + vodka = boozy fruit juice
fruit juice + malt + hops + yeast ≠ boozy fruit juice

Dr. Honked posted:

:nice:

remember to still poop on company time :nexus::respek::buddy:

xcheopis

Dr. Honked posted:

! !! !!!

Ass-penny

Congrats on the promotion Dr. H.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

NumptyScrub posted:

remember to still poop on company time :nexus::respek::buddy:

i'm going ramp up my poo poo production, you can bet on it

xcheopis

Yes, I sm going to work for a few hours. Time sensitive material has to be delivered (physical copies ffs) before tomorrow afternoon and I won't be much better by then. Best to get it over with.
My boss is out sick or she'd do it herself.

xcheopis

I would rather go to work than deal with antibiotic side effects. That's how awful they are.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office today, and there are some people in here, which is nice, also there's ice cream bars in the fridge again, which is excellent. i already ate one on behalf of all the orbs

xcheopis

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm in the office today, and there are some people in here, which is nice, also there's ice cream bars in the fridge again, which is excellent. i already ate one on behalf of all the orbs

Thank you for your service. :patriot:

Escape From Noise

It's sort of amazing how Japanese people will use being fat as an explanation for any issue you may have. My body's sore from the brew day. Could it be because I was on my feet in rubber boots standing on concrete and steel for the better part of ten hours running around, climbing up and down, carrying heavy loads, graining out by hand, etc ? Nah. Must be because I'm fat. It's sorta whatever but it gets sort of old sometimes. Like why don't you get in there and do what I do in a similar time frame?

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 8, 2022

Escape From Noise

Big boss came in today and said that my beers have been really good so that was pretty neat.

Farecoal

There he go
:ocelot:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i would dearly love to be able to communicate to people that they really really really do not need to wear makeup on video calls, especially on internal, informal meetings. as a middle aged dude, i don't feel that i can bring the subject up without sounding like a creepy weirdo boomer. the pressure on female identifying software developers is already ridiculously high. i would love to be able to reduce that pressure. nyeh

xcheopis

Dr. Honked posted:

i would dearly love to be able to communicate to people that they really really really do not need to wear makeup on video calls, especially on internal, informal meetings. as a middle aged dude, i don't feel that i can bring the subject up without sounding like a creepy weirdo boomer. the pressure on female identifying software developers is already ridiculously high. i would love to be able to reduce that pressure. nyeh

It is entirely possible that they like wearing makeup. I haven't worn any in over a decade but did enjoy playing with colours and styles.

DaChurl

xcheopis posted:

It is entirely possible that they like wearing makeup. I haven't worn any in over a decade but did enjoy playing with colours and styles.

Yeah, it's a hard thing to comment on because if you assume they're just wearing it out of obligation and they're actually just into looking fabulous the comment can come off as insulting. But if you complement someone's makeup and they're really just wearing it because they think they have to then that reinforces the idea that it's expected for them to wear makeup.

I have no actual answers, just commiseration. As a lady-type-person who never got into makeup with lady-type-friends who genuinely enjoy makeup I just appreciate anyone going through the effort no matter the motivation. poo poo takes time and practice and skill and just the innate confidence to pull off a cat eyeliner without feeling performative/self conscious and just color me impressed, dang.

more falafel please

forums poster

yeah tbh i wouldn't say anything. in a work setting i'm basically never going to comment on someone's appearance except for things that are clearly a deliberate choice ("new haircut, looks great!" or "oh those are cool boots!")

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
yeah exactly. there's no way on this gay earth that i'm going to say anything. there's one person in particular who is bearing a very heavy load right now and i'm doing my best to make life easier for them. it's quite possible that wearing makeup makes them feel better about themselves and helps them cope better.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I only wear makeup when I want to because sometimes I like to feel pretty and if someone comments on it I feel really self conscious.

Farecoal

There he go
Hey Cardi BYOB are you still at that awful job?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Farecoal posted:

Hey Cardi BYOB are you still at that awful job?

All day every day. Slight change of plans and moving timeline got hosed up because of An Event of Life that was totally unexpected and involves a rescue human. So. I'm cooling my heels for a couple of months and divesting myself of property and getting ready to go "lol here's my notice," get walked out from there and then we take off the next day to go west where I will have another job waiting.

Escape From Noise

Cardi BYOB posted:

All day every day. Slight change of plans and moving timeline got hosed up because of An Event of Life that was totally unexpected and involves a rescue human. So. I'm cooling my heels for a couple of months and divesting myself of property and getting ready to go "lol here's my notice," get walked out from there and then we take off the next day to go west where I will have another job waiting.

I'm glad you finally have a solid exit strategy! I know that waiting can be the hardest part. gently caress bad bosses!

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

yeah exactly. there's no way on this gay earth

Wait, is it already May?!

:gaysper:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Wait, is it already May?!

:gaysper:

I'm slowly getting gayer at work at increasingly obnoxious levels. By the end of June, my office will be filled with load bearing glitter.

I feel no regrets.

gently caress em.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That's a lot of loving glitter

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

That's a lot of loving glitter

How else will I get gayer and topple god

more falafel please

forums poster

Cardi BYOB posted:

Work Krew 2: get gayer and topple god

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

Oh god, I am extra grumpy this morning. It's my second required day in the office, and 20 minutes in this lady across the hall still hasn't stopped complaining to her manager about how she feels she's being treated by this other employee.

Like, I'm almost 100% convinced that these required in-office days are a reflection that management wants to pay us to socialize, and they're fully aware that it comes at a 20% loss of productivity. I'm just still upset that everybody lied to me about this for the last 20+ years of my career.

I guess that one place in Austin was explicit about the mandatory weekend team-building exercises. Maybe I shouldn't have turned down the offer. At least they were being honest about it.

cruft

Oh, and another thing, they publish this internal magazine every month whether you want a copy or not. I've tried over the years to stop getting a copy, because it goes directly in the trash, and every time I ask they're like "sorry we can't stop sending it to you."

The cover this morning said "THE CLIMATE CRISIS: Earth's Climate Is Changing. Can we?"

I mean, clearly the answer is no, you fuckers are just going to keep pushing crap nobody wants as the planet burns.

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Cardi BYOB posted:

Glitterise yourself and face to godhead

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

cruft posted:

Oh, and another thing, they publish this internal magazine every month whether you want a copy or not. I've tried over the years to stop getting a copy, because it goes directly in the trash, and every time I ask they're like "sorry we can't stop sending it to you."

The cover this morning said "THE CLIMATE CRISIS: Earth's Climate Is Changing. Can we?"

I mean, clearly the answer is no, you fuckers are just going to keep pushing crap nobody wants as the planet burns.

that transcends Alanis Morissette levels of irony

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Dr. Honked posted:

that transcends Alanis Morissette levels of irony

Farecoal

There he go
Spoilered for angry:

I work in the same space as another department. They were having their morning meeting and they were talking about how management was becoming much more strict on timekeeping. The supervisor said that "[Workplace] won't be held hostage by its employees anymore" and that they would fire people and be short-staffed if need be. Anyway hearing that made my $14-per-hour rear end want to punch my computer screen. What a loving joke

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Farecoal posted:

Spoilered for angry:

I work in the same space as another department. They were having their morning meeting and they were talking about how management was becoming much more strict on timekeeping. The supervisor said that "[Workplace] won't be held hostage by its employees anymore" and that they would fire people and be short-staffed if need be. Anyway hearing that made my $14-per-hour rear end want to punch my computer screen. What a loving joke

my three main takeaways:
  • wow
  • yikes
  • oof

xcheopis

Farecoal posted:

Spoilered for angry:

Assholes. I hope all their workers quit.

DaChurl

Dr. Honked posted:

my three main takeaways:
  • wow
  • yikes
  • oof

If I might add:
-yeesh
-wowzers

Farecoal

There he go
I was trying to make it to July so I can have at least one year at this place on my resume but I'm starting to rethink that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

DaChurl posted:

If I might add:
-yeesh
-wowzers

:hmmyes: