Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mokotow posted:

Las Vegas is right up there with China, Saudi Arabia and Baku (and Sochi if it wasn’t for those meddling Ukrainians)

That's not true!

All those places have more water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

I rode in a self driving Tesla and it was terrifying. It nearly drove into a solid concrete wall

I didn’t know they got Max to train the AI

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4fdUx6d4QM

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Left it in grosjean mode

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mokotow posted:

Las Vegas is right up there with China, Saudi Arabia and Baku (and Sochi if it wasn’t for those meddling Ukrainians)

what is the measurement here

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://scuderiafans.com/pmi-missio...NAYNbFExBBzcMYI

smoking some malrboro reds right now

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

what is the measurement here

Despotism and disregard for human life

Edit: shady human rights record

Dunno still working on it

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 2, 2022

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

italian quid posted:

People buy Teslas because there isn't another realistic long range EV on the market right now other than new models from the likes of VW or GM, I'd be shocked if they still have a major hold on that category in a couple years.

So there are long range EVs on the market other than Teslas?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ford and gm are gonna have long range ev coming on the market in the next 2 years

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The last time I did a track day at Pocono there was a dude there with a martini livery wrapped Tesla that replaced the martini logo with “teslatini”. It was still electric and all he did was the rolling drag racing. He had it plugged in to one of the regular outlets in the paddock between runs, though I’m pretty sure he only managed 2 or 3. Trailered in and out.

Neat concept and certainly unique anyway. He wasn’t faster than the straight piped m3’s.

That’s my Tesla story.

E: pretty sure this is it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

The last time I did a track day at Pocono there was a dude there with a martini livery wrapped Tesla that replaced the martini logo with “teslatini”. It was still electric and all he did was the rolling drag racing. He had it plugged in to one of the regular outlets in the paddock between runs, though I’m pretty sure he only managed 2 or 3. Trailered in and out.

Neat concept and certainly unique anyway. He wasn’t faster than the straight piped m3’s.

That’s my Tesla story.

E: pretty sure this is it

disgusting.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i've only seen one cool tesla and it's the dude who comes out in their tesla model 3 performance and puts down some genuinely impressive times. it's quick in the stupidest ways, and he's actually spun in it a few times.

that said, i fuckin' died when i found out that tesla owners were calling their cars "M3"s

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I still can’t get over how teslas have to roll down windows to open the door and if the battery is dead opening the doors manually will damage the trim

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Seems a little late considering they are already winning (now)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ethanol posted:

I still can’t get over how teslas have to roll down windows to open the door and if the battery is dead opening the doors manually will damage the trim

are tesla frameless doors?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

italian quid posted:

ya its getting there, but talking to the average person their impression generally is that Teslas have the better range.

italian quid posted:

I agree with you. But what is truth doesn't equal people's perception of things and people's perception is what has to change for other brands to start moving EVs
Which is why they're "The Apple" of EVs. The general person thinks Apple have the best screens/batteries/cameras because Apple tells them so, despite the internals being 2-gen old Samsung/Sony OEM parts. They market their product like they're the only answer and the rest of the market just doesn't exist, and have hard anti-consumer lock-in practices.
This creates mindless militant fans who wax nonsense about "the ecosystem" but don't realise that outside of "the ecosystem" everything else works together with everything else.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

BMW’s do this

Khablam posted:

Which is why they're "The Apple" of EVs. The general person thinks Apple have the best screens/batteries/cameras because Apple tells them so, despite the internals being 2-gen old Samsung/Sony OEM parts. They market their product like they're the only answer and the rest of the market just doesn't exist, and have hard anti-consumer lock-in practices.
This creates mindless militant fans who wax nonsense about "the ecosystem" but don't realise that outside of "the ecosystem" everything else works together with everything else.

:emptyquote:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Khablam posted:

Not as good as apple tho

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

android actually sucks op

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it is kinda nuts how good a mbp feels versus like... the best lenovo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Same people who love linux love android . Makes you think. They talk about needing to install any app or whatever m. Apple too restrictive. Lmao it’s a phone with an internet browser man

Leave the Linux terminal at work or better yet the trash

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Trying to imagine not keeping the thread database on a ZFS filesystem and learning what a panic attack feels like.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Imagine still using a terminal. It’s not the 80s anymore. If a thing doesn’t have a GUI it means literally nobody in this entire tech obsessed world has thought “this has a future.”

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

sudo my balls apple haters

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Phone posted:

that said, i fuckin' died when i found out that tesla owners were calling their cars "M3"s

Lol what

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Imagine still using a terminal. It’s not the 80s anymore. If a thing doesn’t have a GUI it means literally nobody in this entire tech obsessed world has thought “this has a future.”

CLI 4 life

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ethanol posted:

Same people who love linux love android . Makes you think. They talk about needing to install any app or whatever m. Apple too restrictive. Lmao it’s a phone with an internet browser man

Leave the Linux terminal at work or better yet the trash
Imagine making GBS threads on Linux, not knowing their precious apple devices are based in an even more ancient and archaic Operating System. Shameful.

Imagine being such a pleb, such an absolute fool that reading plain text on a screen is incomprehensible to you.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
*terminal prints text explaining everything it’s doing*

Climber: WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE PICTURES?!?!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

*terminal prints text explaining everything it’s doing*

Climber: WHERE THE gently caress ARE THE PICTURES?!?!

Hey man, CLI for life!

Do you know what CLI stands for?

COMMAND LINE INTERFACE!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
AIDS

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

Imagine making GBS threads on Linux, not knowing their precious apple devices are based in an even more ancient and archaic Operating System. Shameful.

Imagine being such a pleb, such an absolute fool that reading plain text on a screen is incomprehensible to you.

Imagine caring about any of this poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Phwoar they just couldn't stay away after seeing the epic win of Big Chuck and the epic fails of Lewis "Poois" Hamilton "Shamilton" and who can blame them

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The whole "tech obsessed world" runs on it lmao

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#forzaPMI

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

when someone tells you "yeah, i love my m3, it's really great"

what car comes to mind?

keep in mind, there's only one answer, and that answer is:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

this is worse than opinions on cast iron pans

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Khablam posted:

The whole "tech obsessed world" runs on it lmao

The whole world runs on machine code, nobody gives a poo poo about machine code.

Toto isn’t writing world-class emails using loving bash.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I pipe all the races through ffmpeg with an ascii filter so I can watch them in glorious 80x43p. It makes Max actually look good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

poo poo, that must be why i can't uh.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

merc retire early because porpoising is still an issue is what I am calling