Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it is anime april

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

animapril

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lost planet rules. wish someone told me this weird early 360 capcom third person shooter, was an homage to all the mecha anime the devs were into in disguise as a game made to appeal to the west

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
After many years of not knowing anything about Doshin the Giant, I watched a speedrun of it. As far as I can tell it's a game about flattening ground so villagers can build you a monument, and then destroying the monument to make room for another one, until eventually they build the Tower of Babel and God gets pissed.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Red Minjo posted:

After many years of not knowing anything about Doshin the Giant, I watched a speedrun of it. As far as I can tell it's a game about flattening ground so villagers can build you a monument, and then destroying the monument to make room for another one, until eventually they build the Tower of Babel and God gets pissed.
Why the hell was it released in Oceania but never the Americas? :psyduck:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why did they never rerelease the side game about pissing on doshin

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

lost planet rules. wish someone told me this weird early 360 capcom third person shooter, was an homage to all the mecha anime the devs were into in disguise as a game made to appeal to the west

It's fascinating just how.. different all four Lost Planet games are

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

why did they never rerelease the side game about pissing on doshin

Thought u were joking lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's fascinating just how.. different all four Lost Planet games are

i'm praying that capcom saying they're going to patch gfwl out of lost planet 2, is for real and not bunk. cause if they do that i'm gonna buy that game and play through the rest of the series including ex troopers

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People hyped up LP2 so much but I tried a few levels with friends and thought it was pretty dire.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People hyped up LP2 so much but I tried a few levels with friends and thought it was pretty dire.

Didn’t realise your name is LP2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the sequel to lets plays

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Namtab posted:

Didn’t realise your name is LP2

Booooooooo this joke doesn't even work

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Your face doesn’t work

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

You’re unemployed?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Namtab posted:

You’re unemployed?

lol

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Squats are coming back :shobon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Namtab has got the bloodlust today

Think I'm gonna watch some episodes of Slayers tonight. Lina Inverse always brightens my day.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I played through LP2 with some friends a year or so ago. My take is that if I played it back on the 360 it would've felt like the best game ever made. Now tho it's pretty good, but not really super amazing or anything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I played through it once with friends and didn't really want to touch it again and also the much vaunted train level was super buggy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought them all because they were on sale for Xbox for like $15 altogether. Anyway I only ever played the demo at Walmart so I have no idea if they're good or just good compared to other 360 jank of the time.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

You’re unemployed?

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

unfortunate that we needed 2 other mediocre non-jokes to get to a lol but that's the rule of threes i guess!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Larry Parrish posted:

I bought them all because they were on sale for Xbox for like $15 altogether. Anyway I only ever played the demo at Walmart so I have no idea if they're good or just good compared to other 360 jank of the time.

lost planet 1 is jank but, it is jank in a way that is unique from almost any other third person shooter of its era and even plenty of stuff from other gens and the core shooting feels really good, the akrid are a great set of enemies and no other third person shooter really captures the scale lost planet 1 does with its level design and the bigger akrid. the story is a bit awkward and goofy but when you realize it's basically just the devs homaging a bunch of mecha anime it rules and the voice acting is goofy in a way that makes the performances fairly entertaining without being downright obnoxious

honestly think it is a fairly underrated game and furthering my belief that a lot of western views about that era of jp gaming being in some kind of decline, were entirely biased and mistaken cause there are so many cool games to dig up on the ps3 and 360

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 2, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

weirdly what i remember most about lp1 is that the pc port was legit good for the time and a welcome change from the dogshit sourcenext ports that capcom had shat out in recent years (re4, dmc3se, onimusha 3)

mt framework was a real good step for them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Colonel posted:

honestly think it is a fairly underrated game and furthering my belief that a lot of western views about that era of jp gaming being in some kind of decline, were entirely biased and mistaken cause there are so many cool games to dig up on the ps3 and 360

To be fair, a lot of those views were coming from Keiji Inafune inside Capcom

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raenir Salazar posted:

Squats are coming back :shobon:
I don't believe you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kirbysuperstar posted:

weirdly what i remember most about lp1 is that the pc port was legit good for the time and a welcome change from the dogshit sourcenext ports that capcom had shat out in recent years (re4, dmc3se, onimusha 3)

mt framework was a real good step for them

it's, mildly jank in some ways and there's a weird issue where you need to set an nvidia preset to limit its framerate to 60 or cutscenes break but it's an old pc port that properly scales in resolution and supports mouse with no major performance issues so that's nice

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

lost planet 1 is jank but, it is jank in a way that is unique from almost any other third person shooter of its era and even plenty of stuff from other gens and the core shooting feels really good, the akrid are a great set of enemies and no other third person shooter really captures the scale lost planet 1 does with its level design and the bigger akrid. the story is a bit awkward and goofy but when you realize it's basically just the devs homaging a bunch of mecha anime it rules and the voice acting is goofy in a way that makes the performances fairly entertaining without being downright obnoxious

looking forward to your playthrough of operation darkness

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

for sure

that, dmc4 and re5 were like..oh wow ports to pc can be decent and not a big bag of piss??

but hey koei tecmo are still hit and hit and big miss i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

looking forward to your playthrough of operation darkness

it emulates now. maybe sooner than you think!

kirbysuperstar posted:

for sure

that, dmc4 and re5 were like..oh wow ports to pc can be decent and not a big bag of piss??

but hey koei tecmo are still hit and hit and big miss i guess

kt ports are insane cause their big games will run, acceptably, but their old atelier ports are almost just fundamentally broken and they region lock random stuff sometimes for no reason

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The Colonel posted:

kt ports are insane cause their big games will run, acceptably, but their old atelier ports are almost just fundamentally broken and they region lock random stuff sometimes for no reason

i love the pw3 port that is stuck with vita graphics no matter what settings you pick, and the sw4 port that has ps4 models but ps3 everything else, extremely good poo poo

though the old wo1 port was actually pretty fine as far as i remember

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bang Dream's April Fool's Joke is a playable Visual Novel with Himari as the lead trying to date the girls. They went all in and made the game with voices and now I need it in English https://april-bang-dream.bushimo.jp/artemis.html

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i need kt games on Xbox lol. Stranger of Paradise is cool but it's not Nioh and my PC runs Nioh 2 worse than my PS4, which I don't have anymore. Maybe I'll get a PS4 pro with my stimmy literally just for Nioh and Bloodborne lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Larry Parrish posted:

i need kt games on Xbox lol. Stranger of Paradise is cool but it's not Nioh and my PC runs Nioh 2 worse than my PS4, which I don't have anymore. Maybe I'll get a PS4 pro with my stimmy literally just for Nioh and Bloodborne lol.

you can also play ketsui on it op

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it's great that SOP is a performance nightmare everywhere and the PC is much worse than N2's is lmao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Anyone here use a switch pro controller with pcsx2? I've got some hosed up calibration issue where it's constantly sending button presses without any input from me

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
drat missed my April fool's chance to post "anime sucks" by an hour.

Anyway anime kicks rear end, gonna stay up all night and watch Patlabor movies 1 and 2 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

it's great that SOP is a performance nightmare everywhere and the PC is much worse than N2's is lmao

Runs perfect on my series X op. Maybe try being a real gamer.