Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Yup, I got two game of thrones swords and now I'm going to have two giant fire hammers too. I missed the giant block hammer in ng though :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Power stancing the block hammers ftw.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I hate this Maleni fight so much haha…no idea how to avoid that loving spinning attack. I’ll be doing well and then she leaps into the air and I just accept that I have been killed.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I hate this Maleni fight so much haha…no idea how to avoid that loving spinning attack. I’ll be doing well and then she leaps into the air and I just accept that I have been killed.
This!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it never instakilled me if i sprinted away to avoid the first flurry…..i had 60 vit though

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

scary ghost dog posted:

..i had 60 vit though

:pwn:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I survived it exactly once by spamming dodge rolls and I have no idea why I survived it that one time and not the 2,000,000 other times I tried it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I survived it exactly once by spamming dodge rolls and I have no idea why I survived it that one time and not the 2,000,000 other times I tried it

Sometimes I roll through one or two of the spins and get caught on the last one. I feel like you gotta roll into her but I always get caught before I can realise my plan.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Gelmir Hero's Grave was a wonderful experience, thank you Fromsoft

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I can dodge most of it but it never feels like a rhythm and always feels like I'm just spamming. Also if you get hit by one she heals half her life bar and if you get hit by two you're dead.

There needs to be an item that just teleports you 30 feet away. Make it have a huge cool down so it can't be abused, I just need it for that one attack.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

I’ll drink to that

:beerpal:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

At the sstart of tornado town the lightning dragon from the start of Altus plateau returning and not getting a HP bar is so odd. He had enough HP for it and he had one last time. Fine fight just odd that he had no fanfare when I thought he’d be a big deal lore wise at least

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Apparently it’s not the same one but they look identical imo

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

it's really cool when the chariots suddenly decide to stop in front of your hiding place so your good timing for the next move just moves you right into the instadeath spikes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

it owns when you get to close to the wall and the chariot clips through and kills you

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you have the Raven of the Mists ash of war you can use it to invuln straight through the chariots

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've only found that first chariot dungeon that i imagine most people find and i can't even find a way around the poison. i got killed by maybe the fourth chariot but if i hadn't, i think would have just run out flasks trying to keep from choking on the gas. right now i've just sort of accepted i'm going to have to come back to it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i've only found that first chariot dungeon that i imagine most people find and i can't even find a way around the poison. i got killed by maybe the fourth chariot but if i hadn't, i think would have just run out flasks trying to keep from choking on the gas. right now i've just sort of accepted i'm going to have to come back to it.

on big thing there, dont roll in poison fields because itll keep building up after you roll. if you land and keep runnin you'll make it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bees x1000 posted:

it's really cool when the chariots suddenly decide to stop in front of your hiding place so your good timing for the next move just moves you right into the instadeath spikes

i laughed when it first hit me then didn't act like a moron the next time I was in that situation

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!

Fungah! posted:

on big thing there, dont roll in poison fields because itll keep building up after you roll. if you land and keep runnin you'll make it

You can also use soap to remove any poison/scarlet rot that lingers on your character

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

ah, thanks. that explains it then, i was definitely trying to goron roll through it, lol. that might actually be enough to get me to the end.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bicyclops posted:

If you jump down and sprint you should be able to make it across the poison without getting got by it, but yeah that place is annoying early

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

American McGay posted:

I can dodge most of it but it never feels like a rhythm and always feels like I'm just spamming. Also if you get hit by one she heals half her life bar and if you get hit by two you're dead.

There needs to be an item that just teleports you 30 feet away. Make it have a huge cool down so it can't be abused, I just need it for that one attack.

Bloodhound step is extremely ftw in this fight and does a lot of work. I got out of a few of those with it especially when she jumped when I was right under her. It’s really fun to play with too.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

did a bunch of catacombs and hero graves and it sucked, then I fought a bunch of field bosses and it was awesome. Elden Ring.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Commander Niall….

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

One of those fights that is for sure frustrating, but can’t help but enjoy it. Love it when that dude yells out his battle cries

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought it was cool you could telegraph which of his jump in attacks he was doing by the slight differences in the windup animation. His prosthetic is sick and I'm a sucker for lightning effects.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Quarterroys posted:

Commander Niall….

Rules

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just beat Niall and he was generally pretty easy. He seemed to have a lot of moves that would simply wiff if you were positioned just so. At one point I was standing perfectly still drinking a potion and he did a sweep that went clear over my head. Cool boss tho.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Finished up the other night finally.

Gotta say for being an optional boss Malenia was probably more difficult than the final 3 story bosses. Though as a spectacle Godfrey ruled and Radagonscratched the Gwyn itch pretty well.

Also dual weild Holy Battlehammers ftw.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got super lucky on my kill that she cast it once in phase 1 on my mimic. And I just burst her down in phase 2 quick enough that she didn't cast it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How do people generally try out new weapons? I have a bunch that I want to upgrade and between different attack speeds and enemy resistances I don't really know how to get any idea if I'm taking a massive cut in damage. I don't care about playing slightly suboptimally but I have no idea where to begin lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

How do people generally try out new weapons? I have a bunch that I want to upgrade and between different attack speeds and enemy resistances I don't really know how to get any idea if I'm taking a massive cut in damage. I don't care about playing slightly suboptimally but I have no idea where to begin lol

I just use weapons that I think are cool. Enemies vary so much that it's hard to know if you are taking damage cuts beyond just looking at the weapon stats.

It felt to me (faith build) that ashes of war mattered more than the weapon itself for late game stuff.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I generally have plenty upgrade material to a point one or two below my most upgraded weapon. So if it looks interesting I pump it up and go wander around an area and fight things.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Another reason why the somber stuff is best. One per level means testing stuff out is easy without it potentially draining resources for your current main when they get close in level. Other than that joust pump it as much as you can and test it out if it feels good tbh. Most enemies will die in 2 or 3 hits across a huge damage range so as long as it’s not bereft of damage against bosses tou don’t need to worry about min max AR

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the only thing i care about is moveset, which i can test unupgraded

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Found the biggest jar bro yet last night

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I generally wait until I'm fighting something dumb like some skeletons and see how the speed is, but I've only upgraded two weapons so far.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

For me it seemed like every weapon had a gimmick or unique feature, and I would just test that and see if it is something I want to bother with. If so, upgrade it as far as I can and see if it holds up. If not, whatever, back into the war chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

Gelmir Hero's Grave was a wonderful experience, thank you Fromsoft

THis but truly and sincerely as I know a lot of people been talking poo poo about this one and Im worried you may be being sarcastic.