Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

The legend returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Joel Selwood has the lowest premierships captained to games captained ratio in VFL/AFL history

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hooray it's prelim final time go Crows

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I know the AFL is doing this rolling scheduling thing but I can't figure out when they'll announce times for Round 11 matches. Is there anything official that says when we'll find out?
Would like to go to Carlton v Collingwood but also need to organise travel and accom.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Hell of a lot of pressure at the start of the Dees Lions prelim

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

You'd think the conditions would suit Zenker but she just doesn't look fit, they might have rushed her back too soon

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

I know the AFL is doing this rolling scheduling thing but I can't figure out when they'll announce times for Round 11 matches. Is there anything official that says when we'll find out?
Would like to go to Carlton v Collingwood but also need to organise travel and accom.

Rounds 6-9 are on sale for AFL members April 4 and I presume to the public that afternoon or on the Wednesday. I assume they'll release the time of the next block of rounds next week.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

You'd think the conditions would suit Zenker but she just doesn't look fit, they might have rushed her back too soon

The usual mouthbreathers keen to pot the women's game will scoff at the 0-1 quarter-time scoreline but it's been a great game to watch so far.

I find myself barracking for Melbourne because I think the Crows match up better against them, but realistically I think both of these sides are ahead of the Crows at the moment.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Also it seems like the Dees haven't won yet in the AFLW and I wouldn't mind Daisy getting one before she retires.

I'd like even more for Erin to get another, but, you know. Second choice.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bannan!

She's got great touch and skills for a tall

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Feels like Brisbane are the better side here but to Melbourne's credit, they've been able to hold up defensively and tie the scores to half time. Could easily have taken the lead with the shot after the siren, too.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

Feels like Brisbane are the better side here but to Melbourne's credit, they've been able to hold up defensively and tie the scores to half time. Could easily have taken the lead with the shot after the siren, too.

Yeah feels like the Lions have been a lot stronger with the ball, whether it be bigger bodies or maturity, they've had better opportunities to score.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jeez, Hawthorn aren't looking too good in the Riolis interview 👀

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

Jeff Kennett is a massive piece of poo poo, quelle surprise.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

I didn't see it, what's the summary?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

cmndstab posted:

I didn't see it, what's the summary?

Instances of racism within the club, only paying lip service to cultural awareness, culminated in an apparent last straw issue where Kennett made a joke about Cyril's wife's ripped jeans and offered her loose change to fix them

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
:yikes:

That's one of those great racist "jokes" which doesn't even bother trying to even be a joke.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I'm loving that two of the most influential players on the ground for the Dees so far have been Bannan and McNamara, both 19 and not yet finished products

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yep, Melbourne starting to look hard to catch

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Super second half for Melbourne so far. Feels like there's a bit of destiny about them, just as there was for Brisbane last year.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dang, that got close at the end there. Congrats to the Dees. Now, go Crows.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Dees girls are finally into a grand final :toot:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Bloody close finish! Brisbane miss out on the grand final for only the second time in their AFLW history.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Throw Sportsbet into the ocean imo

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

Rounds 6-9 are on sale for AFL members April 4 and I presume to the public that afternoon or on the Wednesday. I assume they'll release the time of the next block of rounds next week.

Thanks, I was able to buy North vs Cats Round 6 (Bellerive) today without being a member of anything but it's all pretty confusing with different ticket companies for different stadiums so I wasn't sure.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Chairchucker posted:

Dunno the context but this is evergreen.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

gabensraum posted:

Dunno the context but this is evergreen.

There was a Sportsbet ad, that's pretty much it

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Heck yeah ilu Erin

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I love that every video I watch on the AFL website is preceded by a Sportsbet ad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Go dees! Grand slam hope still alive

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

monolithburger posted:

I love that every video I watch on the AFL website is preceded by a Sportsbet ad.

Give this a crack (disabling 18+)

I don't see any but dunno if it's this or my adblocking.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lol dunno what the heck that was but 2.0 for Erin, heck yeah!

EDIT: oh lol it wasn't Erin

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Crows should be miles up but keep making poor decisions kicking inside 50

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Might be happy for the halftime siren there, momentum was with Freo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sarah Allan :kimchi:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Sarah Allan :kimchi:

She's been amazing

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 2, 2022

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Jeez, Freo sharpened up

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hell yeah let's get one more win Crows

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I hope this isn't too much of a hot take: but Jeff Kennett is a oval office. And a racist.

But he is not the only reason I am sometimes ashamed to be a Hawthorn supporter. Especially in terms of racism.

Chance Bateman, (2008 Premiership player, first indigenous player to play 100 games for Hawthorn), tells the story of, I think, a recruiter telling him that there was an edict from up above in the club that he was not supposed to recruit anyone with skin darker than a brown paper bag. (I am probably loving up the story, but the details are correct.)

As for the women's GF, as a neutral do you want to barrack for Daisy to get a Premiership before she retires, or for Erin to get one more? It's tough, as both women deserve it, (both for what they have done for football and also for what great players they are), and both seem like actual nice people off the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Disappointed Adelaide won, more because I’d have loved to go to the grand final than anything else.

Oh well, let’s do it for daisy!

Tayla to pull a Bayley and kick 6