Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Bookish posted:

I can’t believe I never thought to look for a Drag Race thread until now!
I just saw the Trixie and Katya show in Detroit and holy poo poo it was amazing. I had such a good time. Katya is everything.

Nice! Yeah, there aren't a whole lot of us who regularly comment, but given that there is at least one new episode a week for the entire year, it stays pretty active. And I'm not about to step into what is the cesspool of the drag race subreddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

I could go the rest of my life very happily without ever again reading "__________ ate and left no crumbs."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Drimble Wedge posted:

I could go the rest of my life very happily without ever again reading "__________ ate and left no crumbs."

"SHE OWNS 51% OF THIS COMPANY!"

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

Nihonniboku posted:

Nice! Yeah, there aren't a whole lot of us who regularly comment, but given that there is at least one new episode a week for the entire year, it stays pretty active. And I'm not about to step into what is the cesspool of the drag race subreddit.

I have to admit, I read the spoiler thread on Reddit sometimes. I hate that I ruin it for myself but I can’t stop!

I don’t know who makes it to the top 4 this season but I hope Willow Pill is one of them

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

counterview: drag race parlance becoming an ever-growing ouroboros owns

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Bookish posted:

I can’t believe I never thought to look for a Drag Race thread until now!
I just saw the Trixie and Katya show in Detroit and holy poo poo it was amazing. I had such a good time. Katya is everything.

I'm super excited! I have tickets for one of their shows in September and am really looking forward to it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I think this is a pretty even group going into the finale. Daya Betty is for sure going home next week. After that I could see any of the four remaining queens win, and for the first time in years, I wouldn't be upset about any of them winning. I have my favorites Willow and Lady Camden but given Ru's tendency towards favoritism, I think Angeria or Bosco will win.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I didn't think Bosco won that but I guess the field was kind of average this time. Would have picked Camden for the win, though

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

blizzardvizard posted:

I didn't think Bosco won that but I guess the field was kind of average this time. Would have picked Camden for the win, though

Same

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm a big Camderina and also think Bosco's previous wins were sketchy, but I think Bosco had the strongest set. The way she turned being told to go home last week into jokes about everyone else was clever writing. I think she and Willow were neck and neck (Willow mostly for her runway), and Camden a close third.

Also, what an underwhelming lip sync, lol.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah that was reaaaally low energy lip synch

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

blizzardvizard posted:

I thought she won from the hunter gatherer joke. The “you’re not a top, you’re a blouse” joke was pretty great too.

That lip sync could’ve been a triple elimination.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

variety.com posted:

The Queens from “RuPaul’s Drag Race” will kick off Grammys Sunday with a fashion show recreating iconic looks from the awards show’s past.

CBS and the Recording Academy have partnered with TikTok for two livestream events on music’s biggest night.

The 30-minute runway starts at 11 a.m. PT this Sunday on TikTok. Season 12 winner Jaida Essence Hall will host the live stream from the red carpet, while also donning an iconic Grammys look. Hall will provide a fun behind-the-scenes window into the event with details on how the looks were chosen and recreated while relaying fan questions from the live stream’s comments and chatting with the Queens about all things Grammys and fashion.

Hall will be joined by Drag Race alumni Kahanna, Derrick Barry, Kameron Michaels, Naomi Smalls, Trinity K Bonet, Alexis Mateo and Coco Montrese, all of whom are also currently part of the ‘”RuPaul’s Drag Race” Las Vegas Live Residency at the Flamingo Hotel. The livestream will also promote the Season 14 finale of “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” airing April 22.

Following that, TikTok superstar Davis Burleson (@davisburleson), the host of “What’s Poppin” (@Whatspoppinshow) will host a 30 minute TikTok Live at the Grammys, starting at approximately 11:35 a.m PT on the official Grammys TikTok account. He’ll give followers a backstage look with some of music’s biggest stars as they prepare to hit the stage.

Furthermore, as part of the weekend celebrations and partnership, CBS and the Recording Academy will be engaging with a half dozen prominent influencers to host live “co-watching” parties on their respective TikTok accounts. This not only allows for a second viewing experience of the awards, but adds a social media layer to the telecast. The influencers hosting these virtual parties include La’Ron Hines, Jayden Bartels, Gavin Magnus, Kayla Jones, Brooklyn Queen and Masked Mortal.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/drag-race-grammys-fashion-show-tiktok-1235221472/

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Finally got to see yesterday's ep. So glad they finally eliminated some people, yeesh!

I like Jorgeous a lot but I am relieved we won't hear "I am going to be bad at *challenge that has been on almost every single drag race ever* for yet another episode.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
At this point coming in to Drag Race without a bunch of practiced generic jokes might as well be like not knowing how to sew.

Just print out a Google search for top 50 burns or something.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
at this point I think Lady Camden might win the whole season

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

dpkg chopra posted:

At this point coming in to Drag Race without a bunch of practiced generic jokes might as well be like not knowing how to sew.

Just print out a Google search for top 50 burns or something.

It's common practice to do this on All Stars, Bob has mentioned a few different times various un-named queens hiring her to write jokes before their turn. Famously(?) Monet was one of them, but Bob already used up the best lines for a different AS4 queen and so didn't help much. :o:

The 'blouse' joke falls into that pool, I've definitely heard that one before. The hunter/gatherer joke was new though, and I laughed! I think I agree that Willow should've won, but I'm not mad at Bosco taking it. It was close enough, and the storyline must be fed. Maybe I'm just relaxed and happy for seeing queens finally exit. Echoing others, no hate to Jorgeous and Deja, but they showed all they were going to show by about episode 3.

Winner though, yeah, would be happy for any of the 'big 4' to take it. I think Bosco and Daya are equally likely to make the cut. I started out on team Kornbread, then went to Angeria. Angeria fell off a bit from her strong start, and I looked at Willow. Then Camden had a wonderful rise.

Davis Burleson who? *googles it* oh. No, I actually like his content. this might be cute

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 3, 2022

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Raccoonboy posted:

I’m quite alright with that.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Raccoonboy posted:

:hai:

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
the blouse joke isn’t even a joke that’s just the term for a fem top
or a comparatively fem top

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Love that they had to contrive a 3 way double elim lipsync to cut extraneous bitches and have an excuse to actually send Jorgeous home because there's no way in hell she'd actually lose a lipsync. Undone by their own format.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

helsabot posted:

the blouse joke isn’t even a joke that’s just the term for a fem top
or a comparatively fem top

But for those of us who aren't deep enough into the community to know this, it was a funny joke. The judges thought so too. Words can mean more than one thing :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I immediately thought of the Prince sketch from Chapelle.

Game. Blouses.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
At this point I like everyone left except Daya she rubbed me the wrong way since the first episode. But I think I want Willow to win the most.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.

Flyinglemur posted:

But for those of us who aren't deep enough into the community to know this, it was a funny joke. The judges thought so too. Words can mean more than one thing :)

aww

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I’m “deep” in “the community”.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I actually learned the term "blouses" a few years ago, from Aja. They were addressing the assumptions (I think on Twitter?) that their then-partner was a bottom, due to him being more shy and more femme than Aja. Aja was like "He's a blouse: a feminine top."

Never really been comfortable with the idea of random strangers publicly asking a drag queen how they and their partner like to get it on, but hey. :shrug: I'm too busy trying to explain to The Straights that "dom and sub" is NOT the same as "top and bottom".

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just do not want to know anyone else's sex things unless I am currently having sex with them

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Rooting for Angeria, Camden, or Willow!

I like Bosco, but I think I enjoyed her earlier in the season than I do now at the end. Re-watching the Bosco vs Willow lipsync, I'm still surprised at y'all who said you thought Bosco should have won. Any particular reason why?

angerbeet posted:

I just do not want to know anyone else's sex things unless I am currently having sex with them

:same:

Sorry, didn't mean to get inappropes. It just stuck with me because I remember thinking "Huh, I learned a new term...wait, why are people openly speculating about the contestants' roles in the bedroom on Twitter...?"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

My current rooting order:

Lady Camden
Willow or Angeria

Bosco
Daya

but any of them winning would be excellent.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

MizuZero posted:

I’m “deep” in “the community”.

I couldn't think of a better way to put it away the time. I'm happy with the double entendre, as unintented as it was.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Pinwiz11 posted:

My current rooting order:

Lady Camden
Willow or Angeria

Bosco
Daya

but any of them winning would be excellent.

Pretty much same for me

Willow has been my favorite since the beginning, but I feel like she peaked in the talent show. Not that she's been mediocre since then, but that it was such a high note to start on and she never really topped it. Too bad there isn't a makeover this season, I feel like that's one of the challenges Willow would slay.

Angeria is the same to a lesser extent, by slaying early challenges and kind of fading since then.

Camden is the only one really who's been on a continuous upward trajectory, and she even started off really well.

Maybe next episode they'll prove me wrong, but I'm TeamCamden for the time being.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

nunsexmonkrock posted:

At this point I like everyone left except Daya she rubbed me the wrong way since the first episode. But I think I want Willow to win the most.

It's rare for a Drag Race contestant to remind me of guys I hated in high school, but here we are.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
the finale was filmed yesterday so people already know who will potentially be crowned, be careful of spoilers

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
I’m rooting for Willow but I actually like Daya, like Bob said on Purse First we haven’t had a “villain” winner since season 7 and she does bring some drama to a season that would otherwise be kinda boring.
Plus I love the fact that she’s so tall and wears those giant rear end shoes

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bookish posted:

I’m rooting for Willow but I actually like Daya, like Bob said on Purse First we haven’t had a “villain” winner since season 7 and she does bring some drama to a season that would otherwise be kinda boring.
Plus I love the fact that she’s so tall and wears those giant rear end shoes

her massive backwards hat in her talking head look, where you can see her shaved bald dome underneath through the window on the front, has been appreciated often in our household

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm rooting for Willow Pill or Lady Camden. They both really surprised me this season, and were the underdogs. I always end up rooting for an underdog.

I think we'll see Angeria or Bosco though take the crown. Ru has been in love with Angeria since day one, although she hasn't done particularly well the past few weeks. I also think that they saved the gold bar specifically to save someone they wanted to win, I had thought it would be in Angeria, but it was Bosco, and my theory still stands. I like both of them, and would not be upset if they won.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I like petty betty’s drag, she has a cohesive aesthetic. would have loved to see her in her heels standing side-by-side with jorgeous before last week’s lipsync. she’s not going to win but I’ve enjoyed what she’s brought to the runway, the werkroom, and the confessional booth (weird “reverse outing” of maddie aside)

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

gandlethorpe posted:

Willow has been my favorite since the beginning, but I feel like she peaked in the talent show. Not that she's been mediocre since then, but that it was such a high note to start on and she never really topped it. Too bad there isn't a makeover this season, I feel like that's one of the challenges Willow would slay.

I don't really disagree with this, but also it kind of made me think this season (or most seasons in general lately?) really lack an opportunity for performers like her to GET weird.
So much interviewing, singing and dancing, dress making, acting. There hasn't really been an opportunity for a Club 96 or a Branded Perfume or anything of the sort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

quote:

“RuPaul’s Drag Race” Season 14 will crown America’s next drag superstar on April 22 when the finale airs on VH1. With that, the winning queen will also receive a cash prize of $150,000, the highest amount awarded to date. Additionally, for the first time in the history of drag race, the runner-up will also receive $50,000 cash prize, powered by Cash App.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/rupauls-drag-race-season-14-cash-prize-money-1235227416/