Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Personally I think a lot of comedians should get slapped. It'll probably improve their acts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Personally I think a lot of comedians should get slapped. It'll probably improve their acts.

Yeah this really is a two-pronged thing. On the one hand it's good to create social punishments for bigotry disguised as jokes. And on the other hand, it's good for comedians to get less respect.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If only we as a society never banished Ed Hardy shirts from our shores

The subtle air of threat emitted by a network of LA tattoo shop prints kept the population civil

But then the finger-waggers had to screw everything up and now look at the state of things

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Yoga is nice. It's not a whole exercise regimen but neither is lifting weights

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

What if you lift the weights really fast?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Guyver posted:

What if you lift the weights really fast?

Usually you strain something.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If you wanna use weights for cardio it's best to swing them in various ways, and the weights are lighter than for normal lifting, and can be shaped differently.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I was always told you burned more calories by doing lifting than pure cardio.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

alexandriao posted:

Let me say this very clearly.

Making fun of disabilities, including medical conditions, deserves violence. Because the only end result of those jokes, societally, is violence against disabled people.

It needs to be made clear concretely that these jokes are not ok. That treating disabled people as subhuman at large, is not ok. This goes for any margnialised community. I don't care how small this poo poo is. How sleight.

The sheer lack of concern for disabled people among the general public stems from these jokes, in part. The hate crime noticably statistically goes up when people say this poo poo. It needs to be shut down asap and at the earliest source.

My comparison earlier was serious, because the difference in action of people -- of society and a handful of systems, to go from "marginalised people being generally treated like poo poo", to "actively being beaten to deal" and eventually "stuffed into a gas chamber", is actually almost no difference at all. Its a very short hop and a skip and a jump to tolerating each, and it all starts at the root of it with slightly lovely jokes that say "It's acceptable to degrade this group of people".

I don't give a poo poo what you think is acceptable or kind when I see the direct impact on my friends from this bullshit. When another one of my friends loving hangs themselves because of this bullshit. Or gets the loving life beaten out of them. I'm exhausted, every marginalised person who is even remotely plugged into any kind of support network, is beyond exhaustion, and after the last 40 years? of seeing the various hate crime rates rise to almost 200 times each decade? After countless cherished friends, loving gone forever? loving lol. If all anyone is doing is a small child sized slap on stage then you are loving lucky.

Just because you don't care to see the blood doesn't mean it isn't there. gently caress off with this condescending bullshit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

You were told wrong.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I keep trying to like green tea and I just don't.

Same with light roast coffee.

You need to roast that poo poo good.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

doverhog posted:

If you wanna use weights for cardio it's best to swing them in various ways, and the weights are lighter than for normal lifting, and can be shaped differently.

So kettlebells.

(which are fun)

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

If you do lifting that aims at hypertrophy or strength the volume is simply too low for this to be true. Swinging weights isn't "pure" cardio.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

So kettlebells.

(which are fun)

Yes, IMO the best one, but there are also maces, indian clubs, other things, you can use dumbbells, plates etc. too.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Aramek posted:

Light roast coffee is the skim milk of coffee. Useless and disappointing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Light roast has (slightly) more caffeine. It's just a flavor preference.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
When given a choice, always go dark. It’s the best coffee roast. The best chocolate. The best side of the force. It was half of the best first person shooter ever, Perfect Dark.

In short, dark roast is superior choice.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Robobot posted:

When given a choice, always go dark. It’s the best coffee roast. The best chocolate. The best side of the force. It was half of the best first person shooter ever, Perfect Dark.

In short, dark roast is superior choice.

I totally disagree with every example.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like a medium or dark roast if I'm going to eat pancakes or some fancy pastry. If I'm just drinking coffee then I want a light roast so I can taste the fruitiness. Coffee is a fruit afterall.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Mu Zeta posted:

I like a medium or dark roast if I'm going to eat pancakes or some fancy pastry. If I'm just drinking coffee then I want a light roast so I can taste the fruitiness. Coffee is a fruit afterall.

I have tried to be all fancy and pretentious about my coffee, knowing that the most pretentious of coffee snobs are all over light roast's fruity dick and nuances of flavor, but light roast just sucks. My brain expects medium/dark and rejects everything else when it comes to coffee. If I want a hot beverage with delightful light flavors I'll drink tea.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Light roasts are just way too acidic and they taste like water that had once seen a coffee bean.

It's literally the worst of both worlds.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I like acidic flowery bean water with more caffeine over dark roasts, had plenty of both. :shrug:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aramek posted:

Light roasts are just way too acidic and they taste like water that had once seen a coffee bean.

It's literally the worst of both worlds.

Your water might not be hot enough. Some coffee machines barely get it to boiling. Needs to be 200F at least for light roasts. And instead of single origin try to find a light roast blend. They tend to taste more balanced.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

light roasts are definitely better, but yes they are often not brewed hot or long enough

I use a kettle and a press because I work from home and time is not a factor, it makes for good coffee

doverhog
May 31, 2013

How do you guyes feel vis-à-vis robusta vs arabica?

doverhog has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Apr 3, 2022

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Coffee bad

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm been working some weeks where I gotta wake up at 4 am and take a bunch of caffeine pills instead of brewing coffee, and it just doesn't feel right. Like I can do it, but the day doesn't really start until hours later when I can actually drink coffee at work.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Have you considered cracking open an ice cold Monster Ultra Zero™ before work?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Yeah I have and opted for the pills.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

doverhog posted:

How do you guyes feel vis-à-vis robusta vs arabica?

Robusta is more of a body high lazy Sunday vibe, and Arabica is a buzzy head high that you can work through, perfect for weekday mornings.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Have you considered cracking open an ice cold Monster Ultra Zero™ before work?

I drink Rip It because I'm cheap.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I wanna try dry processed coffee one day

I can't find a place that'll ship it to the UK tho :(

https://youtu.be/WZgrmIQh60s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

This isn't an opinion but: if you don't like light roast coffee, you literally literally just don't like coffee.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This isn't an opinion but: if you don't like light roast coffee, you literally literally just don't like coffee.

See, this was the pretentious poo poo I was talking about! I wanna get in this zone, just taking steaming coffee dumps on people for not liking what I like but I'm just too much a scrub to like light roast :smithicide:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sephiRoth IRA posted:

See, this was the pretentious poo poo I was talking about! I wanna get in this zone, just taking steaming coffee dumps on people for not liking what I like but I'm just too much a scrub to like light roast :smithicide:

I don't like coffee at all.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm drinking dark roast right now. It's tasty and wonderful and had all that good coffee grease in it from roasting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aramek posted:

I'm drinking dark roast right now. It's tasty and wonderful and had all that good coffee grease in it from roasting.

OK Will Ferrell.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't like coffee at all.

Oh, so you're just a moron, not a pretentious person. Sorry, easy mistake to make

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I don't particularly enjoy a cup of coffee as much as I used to, I dunno if its because lockdown and the post lockdown world means I can wake up 10 minutes before I start work so a coffee doesn't feel as needed but even the one day a week I'm in the office I'll have like 4 sips and be done

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lmao at needing to drink coffee. Just wake up! Eat some breakfast! You'll be fine. Pretend I put some "average coffee enjoyer" meme here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Henchman of Santa posted:

lmao at needing to drink coffee. Just wake up! Eat some breakfast! You'll be fine. Pretend I put some "average coffee enjoyer" meme here.

This post is attacking me